Marvel Greatest Battles

Andy28

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andre
IS anyone planning on buying this? I only really want to get 1 box, but shipping on 1 box from most of the major sellers, plus the fact its pricier than previous releases, would make this a killer expensive single box.

If anyone here is selling boxes let me know. I may end up just buying a few sketches, but thats not as fun as cracking open a box is it!

I'm planning on buying a box. Havnt looked into the prices yet as I'm only just starting to look into Marvel. I'm a big Afl collector myself. Wanting to learn more about marvel though :)

Not sure...any idea of what a box will be worth ?? I've started dabbling in the sketches side of things, but not really looking to buy boxes to get them unless they're a reasonable price...

D&A don't seem to list them it yet...

Hopes it not Marvel Premier range pricing...yikes !

I think they will be around $90 a box from US sellers. DA had them listed at that price but looks like its not listed anymore for some reason? I think maybe 2 or 3 sellers may have bought up the lot.

Have seen things disappear from DA's site only to reappear at a later date, so it may just mean they've sold out whatever they had allocated for presell at that stage...they may get more - the page still exist here - http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/marvel-greatest-battles-trading-cards-box-rittenhouse-2013

Someone is preselling on ebay for $85 a box, but postage to here is ridiculous at $46...Same guy is preselling two boxes for $160 with $28 postage...go figure !!

Am I reading this right that every box contains at least a two piece sketch ???

Yep every box has a 2 piece puzzle sketch which is why the price per box has gone up so much.Apparently each card also works as a stand alone sketch, but obviously i dont see too many getting split up.

Hey there I own MR and MRS trading cards and I am in talks with rittenhouse to have 9 cases delivered to us here in Bris. At this point I am hoping to be able to sell them for $100 with $6.60 postage but this is just a rough guess if i get enough pre orders I can order more cases which will bring the price down. The reason why it is going up in price is that rittinhouse has told all of there artist they need to pick up there game. All artist are to put max effort in to there work and from all I have seen even the low end guys are looking great in this set. So shot me a msg or email and we can talk about it. Also I have just gotten in 2 more cases of marvel premier but this one came with a pretty big price tag as sealed cases are becoming very hard to find.

G'Day Mate,

Be good if there's a competitive local source, that's for sure ! Just sent you a PM about a couple of things.

Not sure I'd like to be one of these sketch artists, a lot of pressure to meet deadlines and still be creative. Then seeing your hard work dumped on ebay and some selling dirt cheap ! Must be a bit demoralising at times !

I agree with the comment on that scoundrel set. Jomar Bulda does some great work and i think relative to some other artists is quite undervalued. I think this set will change that though.

yeah I like Jomar too, got some of his MGH sketches. Anyways, I'm definitely getting into this set, really interested in the gold parallel chase cards, and to see what a lot of the new artists have to offer.

All I know atm, is pre-orders on gold parallels are sold out everywhere.. No archive boxes can be found from the top retailers, and alot of Meghann Hetrick / Charles Hall / Adam Cline / Anthony Tan sketches are already pre-ordered according to Yuriy at marvel masters; so they will be harder to find online.

Big sketch release starts at April 17th (12AM EST, 9PM PST West-coast time) on ebay, where Marvel Masters will be releasing everything.

I'm currently trying to work out prices on high end pieces, like incentives / archive boxes / and the gold parallel chase set. I will try and find out more on boxes, and who is doing them the cheapest from the states. So I will try and hit you guys back with more info later.

im pumped this looks good, but not if to buy this, bronze age, premier or start on marvel beginsings 2

I have one of each of those last 3 coming later this week, so I'll keep you posted... If you're after sketches I don't think they're guaranteed per box in Beginnings 2 as they are in Bronze Age... Premier you should get at least 2 I think, one being multipanel, but geez it's expensive stuff !! And only going up ! Seen some nice ones in Bronze, got a nice sketch of an obscure character in my last box "Union Jack???", but have seen some pretty ordinary ones too... DC New 52 is another one worth a go, a sketch per box and I pulled a real nice Green Lantern as well as an oversize art redemption I'm waiting on... Base cards in all these are pretty *myeh* though...especially if you haven't read a comic in as long as I have !

I have one of each of those last 3 coming later this week, so I'll keep you posted... If you're after sketches I don't think they're guaranteed per box in Beginnings 2 as they are in Bronze Age... Premier you should get at least 2 I think, one being multipanel, but geez it's expensive stuff !! And only going up ! Seen some nice ones in Bronze, got a nice sketch of an obscure character in my last box "Union Jack???", but have seen some pretty ordinary ones too... DC New 52 is another one worth a go, a sketch per box and I pulled a real nice Green Lantern as well as an oversize art redemption I'm waiting on... Base cards in all these are pretty *myeh* though...especially if you haven't read a comic in as long as I have !

Im a big marvel fan so not to fussed i like the base set from Beginings and still doing I so i know i should do II, III.. if u bust anything captain america, let me know..
Im big time capt america, silver surfer n ghost rider collector

Mr&Mrstradingcards just got boxes in, there based in brisbane they said around $110 a box shipped in australia if i remember correctly, contenplating a box myself just seen the checklist few decent insert series in it too

Fats comics
462 ipswich rd
annerley

www.facebook.com/mrmrstradingcards
we are now buying and selling non sport trading cards at annerley!

Have seen this much interest in Marvel cards for a few years, I was into it in 1994 for a couple of years until things started getting too expensive, think I still have marvel commons and might have a few inserts around.

Back
Top Bottom