Marvel 70th Anniversary Card Set

siegeandspike

UFC Fan!
Real Name
Chris
eBay User
Siegeandspike
I bought a box of the Rittenhouse Marvel 70th Anniversary Card Set off Ebay a little while ago.
It arrived on Friday and I busted the packs yesterday.

I got the box from the Ebay seller - jeffys_all_star_collectibles

The box I bought was sold un-sealed with the sketch card removed.
So I got 24 packs with no sketch. But as a result the box only cost US$25 (delivered). I thought it would be worth that for the fun of bustin' it!

What a bizarre product????

The base card stock is a rough sort of cardboard - which looks pretty old school but not really to my liking, with only the randomly inserted 'premium' base cards on glossy card stock - that look great. A shame IMO they didn't do the whole set on the glossy stock.

The inserts that I got were pretty poor. The sticker insert set is kind of different and again very old school, but nothing too great. The die-cut insert cards are possibly the worst comic card inserts I have ever seen. :(

I did not get a full base set from my box and I did not get any of the acetate inserts (1 in 24). I would put this down to the fact that I got an unsealed box. The acetate (plastic) inserts look good from the pics I have seen on the net.

If anyone is interested then I will put up some scans of some of the cards I did get.

Did anyone else get any of these??

hey mate,

yeah got a box of the M70's myself

got one of the sketch cards, acetate cards (spider man) + the full set. i assue they went for a 'old school' vibe to the whole cardboard cards similar to bubble gum cards..

What card numbers you missing out on man? i do have some doubles...bummer you didnt get the whole set...i would say that they went through boxes looking for "One Sketch" per box plus and other "Box Goodies" and slammed the junk into a box...basically speaking a sealed box should get you a box set...

anyway tell me if i can help mate.

Irregardless of how cheap it is, i would never bust an unsealed box.

Open a paypal dispute (not as described) or unreceived and get a refund if possible.

Alternatively contact the box company and send a complaint email, they migght send u something, good luck with it :thumbsup:

Irregardless of how cheap it is, i would never bust an unsealed box.

Open a paypal dispute (not as described) or unreceived and get a refund if possible.

Alternatively contact the box company and send a complaint email, they migght send u something, good luck with it :thumbsup:

I don't think I have much to dispute/complain about. The seller sent me exactly what he advertised in the listing (See: MARVEL 70TH ANNIVERSARY BOX 24 SEALED PACKS NO SKETCHES - eBay Other, Comic, Trading Cards, Collectibles. (end time 07-May-10 14:16:04 AEST))

Im assuming seller busted a few box's got the good cards then made up a box from the rest of the packs....

That is what I think they have done.

I left neutral feedback: "Would not buy an unsealed box again. Was missing the other (1in24 packs) insert."

Did not know if it was harsh leaving neutral feedback. But I did sort of want to warn others against buying unsealed boxes from this guy.

Here are some scans:

Base cards (front and a couple of backs) there is one card for each year.

marvel70thbasecards.jpg

These are tribute cards, a sort of insert(?) set, I am missing a couple:

marvel70thinsertcards2.jpg

The backs of the tribute cards are cool though, as they form this:
(note the quality difference on the 2 premium cards bottom centre and left)

marvel70thinsertcards2rear.jpg

Here are the 'inserts' that I pulled:

marvel70thinsertcards.jpg

In my opinion the best looking cards I got were the premium base cards:

marvel70thpremiumbasecards.jpg

---------- Post added 24-05-2010 at 07:21 PM ----------

hey mate,

yeah got a box of the M70's myself

got one of the sketch cards, acetate cards (spider man) + the full set. i assue they went for a 'old school' vibe to the whole cardboard cards similar to bubble gum cards..

What card numbers you missing out on man? i do have some doubles...bummer you didnt get the whole set...i would say that they went through boxes looking for "One Sketch" per box plus and other "Box Goodies" and slammed the junk into a box...basically speaking a sealed box should get you a box set...

anyway tell me if i can help mate.

Thank you for the offer. I was missing the following base cards:
Was also missing T8 and T9.

If you want to trade the base cards I need for any inserts I pulled that you need then I would be happy to do so.

Thanks

Liking the Marvel Comics inserts of hulk, spidey and wolverine they look nice!

Are those sketch cards 1 of 1s and hand drawn onto the card, that carthus even tho I have never heard of him looks good!

I agree, it is a cool looking sketch.
I consider myself pretty well versed in all things Marvel, but I also had not heard of him (Carthus).
The sketch is a lot better than many of the other ones I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom