Lockyer = God!

nvd001

Knicks Baby!!
Real Name
Evan
eBay User
nvd001
anyone see the game!!

Locky.....how good is he?? and Thurston isn't far behind him!!

Lockyer becomes only the second player after Alfie Langer (GO QLD) to complete the treble in State of Origin, NRL premiership and Tri-Nations success!!

I don't think there is to much doubt that he is the best player in the world?? (i suppose the golden boot award he won last week confirms that)

just as basketball is hard to compare eras, football is just as hard, but is Lockyer one of if not the Best player to ever play the game??

Aussie Aussie Aussie......

just as basketball is hard to compare eras, football is just as hard, but is Lockyer one of if not the Best player to ever play the game??

I'm no great fan of League (GO STORM...see!!) but every season seems to bring a new greatest player ever...Lewis, Maninga, Langer, Mundine, Fitler, Johns..now Lockyer. He may well be the best but he is also probably the lowest profile of them all (in Victoria anyway)

He is good, but not the greatest, Johns has that wrapped up

Great game though, Thurston is one fantastic player and proved again why Hornby should be nowhere near the Australian team when Thurston is fit.

Johns has that wrapped up

Being a QLD'r i hate saying this....yes Johnsy is good, but i'd say he is far from having the 'best ever' wrapped up!!

Locky was arguably the greatest fullback the game has ever seen, and then to make the move to five-eight and adapt so well, in a fairly short period of time was.... what can you say!!

After the year Locky has had (especially since post origin 1 when people were saying he's too old, can't play 5/8 and should be moved back to fullback, and considering he was out for most of the pre-season with a broken foot) to finish the season as he has is testimant to the quality player, and more so the leader that he is!!

The Johns or Locky debate will be an argument for the ages, but i honestly believe Lockyer has overtaken Johnsy in the last 12 months. Maybe Johns' neck and knee injuries have hampered him a little, but the way Locky can control and/or turn a game (almost at wil) is just incredible!!

Being a QLD'r i hate saying this....yes Johnsy is good, but i'd say he is far from having the 'best ever' wrapped up!!

Locky was arguably the greatest fullback the game has ever seen, and then to make the move to five-eight and adapt so well, in a fairly short period of time was.... what can you say!!

After the year Locky has had (especially since post origin 1 when people were saying he's too old, can't play 5/8 and should be moved back to fullback, and considering he was out for most of the pre-season with a broken foot) to finish the season as he has is testimant to the quality player, and more so the leader that he is!!

The Johns or Locky debate will be an argument for the ages, but i honestly believe Lockyer has overtaken Johnsy in the last 12 months. Maybe Johns' neck and knee injuries have hampered him a little, but the way Locky can control and/or turn a game (almost at wil) is just incredible!!
Agree with you Evan in that Lockyer is better than Johns now (Johns can still bring out a brilliant performance, but is built like matchsticks :()

But during individual games, noone can dominate like Johns :D

If Lockyer was still a full back then yeah I would say he is the best going around. I just don't think he as good at no6... But I would bow down to him for saving our bacon last night :) It is a really close call but I am not convinced that Lockyer is the best.

in all the excitement last night i almost forgot that the 'King' Wally Lewis IMO will always be regarded as the best, and Lockyer and Johns not far behind!!

Fantastic game - being a kiwi I felt sorry for them - they gutsed it out with 14 and could have put the game to bed with Webbs droppie that started straight and faded like my iron shots. Poor bastards. Good to see Willie Mason get dumped on his arse by Wiki. He will be sorely missed.

As for my opinion on Lockyer - thought he was fairly quiet apart from running the last try which was Thurston's making - and that greatest player ever - easy - Dan Carter

and that greatest player ever - easy - Dan Carter

Haha...wrong game.

Lockyer = Best.

Johns is very good but as menitoned above has dwindled in recent years due to injury. Lockyer has adapted to 5/8 better than most expected....and the fact that he was the Aussie 5/8 in his first year there goes to show the rep he has within NRL as well as with the general public.

Back
Top Bottom