Leppa Retires

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
An end to a great career. I was shocked when i saw this but he has been battling various injuries for the past 2-3 years. Three time premiership player, three time All Australian and played 227 games.
quite sad how it ended for such a champion player. :(
read a full repost on the afl site.

pay respect to great players. :)
shoes is it because you still cant get over the Lions beating you twice in a row for the premiership and seeing your team cry like girls after they lost :D

yeh thats a bit of a shock. i think there will be a few more big name players to hang up the boots before seasons end.

Well done Leppa was a pleasure to watch apart from the 02 and 03 Grannys lol!!

MetallicA' said:
pay respect to great players. :)
shoes is it because you still cant get over the Lions beating you twice in a row for the premiership and seeing your team cry like girls after they lost :D
Probably :) just never liked the guy. Not gonna pretent I did or that i thought he was a good player he was a slow gimp that could only play back pocket.

Always a shame to see a great player having to end his career early because of injuries. Clearly wasn't the same player this season but if healthy, could have played at a high level for another few years. Not many guys get to end their careers with 3 flags. All the best Leppa:D

bad news for the club, great player shame his last 2 seasons have been plague with the back injury

but atleast he won a championship unlike any collingwood players who thought they had a better shot there than brisbane. eg- 1 nathan (does this handbag match my skirt) buckley

lol notice everyone who says its a shame is a queenslander. and the rest bagging him are not. (except magicman)

your just still all cut that your teams havent won anything lately :)

Wow that was surprising, he was a solid player who at times haunted the Swans...he always played well against them!

He certainly had a good career....3 flags! I wasnt his greatest fan but I certainly respected his game.

Cheers
Matt

I expect Caracella to call it quits soon.
theirs a few players that will hang their boots up at seasons end.
I am a Queenslander and follow melbourne but i think regradless of who you follow you have to respect him and the lions era. I saw Leppa play heaps at the Gabba and he was the best CHB in the comp for years until Cornes took over, although Chad Cornes no longer really plays CHB :eek:
Playing back is the hardest position to play IMO, and he dominated this position for most of his career.

Shame to see a good player have to give up the sport due to injury!! He had a very good career with many highlights!!!

Back
Top Bottom