Legacy 2023

I need to keep telling myself its swings and roundabouts, and remember that I smashed the odds with Brilliance and Optimum last year.

Just opened last 2 boxes and must say the 22under22 theory def holds true...
PXL_20230927_114749589.jpg
PXL_20230927_114618964.jpg

It means case hit or legend HOF.

The HOF are meh though
you serious with HOF being meh !!!
they still hold a special place in the overall scheme of things..love them.
With that being said.. I was gun ho with richmond capt sigh, until Richo made a special appearance
the plan shifted very quickly after that ..

Still a joke from select should be a bloody lot more random than that I can see why some many sell there sealed boxes for the easy cash Not looking forward at all opening mine and I quess they will do rookie boxes again this year

My thoughts on this series:
  • Box ratio, yet again, is not where it should be at, lacking bang for your buck on average
  • Many subsets with no true value to the Legacy series i.e. Cornerstones and Vortex (also weren't featured in 2018)
  • Prime Draft is a welcome throwback but should stay in Prime, if they're considering redesigning older series
  • Team Leaders was a part of the Certified 17 series
  • Legacy case hit is yet another replicated case hit, in the same spirit of Influential, Footy Finest and so on
  • Legacy Historial subset is a head-scratching choice as to why only 6 clubs were selected
    • Serial-numbering on the bottom left/right corners is better placed that along the side of the card
  • Captain Signature subset was done properly across Dominance 2019-2020 with total club representation
  • Incredibly, match worn patch cards are still absent from "Series 2"
  • Great to have Hall of Fame Legend Signature series back with Kevin Sheedy
  • Hawks collectors missed out on a potential John Kennedy Snr Legends signature (if only a secret arrangement with all parties happened many, many years ago - shame the AFL upgraded legend status in his final year with us)
  • Seriously missed opportunities to not expand on the Hall of Fame theme
    • Could have a spin-off set with a signed Hall of Fame sub-series, we have legends, time to recognise the members as well
    • A set like this would've been a lot more popular with collectors and potential to spread out across Hall of Fame series'

• Box ratio, yet again, is not where it should be at, lacking bang for your buck on average
  • Many subsets with no true value to the Legacy series i.e. Cornerstones and Vortex (also weren't featured in 2018)
  • Prime Draft is a welcome throwback but should stay in Prime, if they're considering redesigning older series
  • Legacy case hit is yet another replicated case hit, in the same spirit of Influential, Footy Finest and so on
  • Legacy Historial subset is a head-scratching choice as to why only 6 clubs were selected
    • Serial-numbering on the bottom left/right corners is better placed that along the side of the card
  • Captain Signature subset was done properly across Dominance 2019-2020 with total club representation
  • Hawks collectors missed out on a potential John Kennedy Snr Legends signature (if only a secret arrangement with all parties happened many, many years ago - shame the AFL upgraded legend status in his final year with us)
    • Could have a spin-off set with a signed Hall of Fame sub-series, we have legends, time to recognise the members as well
    • A set like this would've been a lot more popular with collectors and potential to spread out across Hall of Fame series'
Still a puzzle to me why they ignore the rookie and mid season draft rookies, hate they dropped rookie hit in favour of milking the selling point of the supremacy rookie release.
Getting rid of the Future Hall Of Fame blows my mind, yea Vortex and Corner stone are so much more appealing...
Love if they had signature from some recent inductees into the Hall of Fame

In other words, another shit release.

You forgot to mention the completely and utterly ridiculous collation which means some boxes are stacked while most boxes absolutely fucking suck.

In other words, another shit release.

You forgot to mention the completely and utterly ridiculous collation which means some boxes are stacked while most boxes absolutely fucking suck.
Mentioned that in my first point.

I've seen that many box results, where it has me thinking, why bother opening mine. If I see AA, brace for the worst.

The $20 price increase was also unfair. They've jacked the price up $30 in 2 years, might be a play in levelling out the resale value.

Why is Luke Jackson still in Melbourne colours in the 22 under 22? Who is that card going to appeal to?

Mentioned that in my first point.

I've seen that many box results, where it has me thinking, why bother opening mine. If I see AA, brace for the worst.

The $20 price increase was also unfair. They've jacked the price up $30 in 2 years, might be a play in levelling out the resale value.
the $20 increase is not that bad at all mate, infact were lucky its only $20 increase..
the price of everything in the country has increased, our boxes are no exception

the $20 increase is not that bad at all mate, infact were lucky its only $20 increase..
the price of everything in the country has increased, our boxes are no exception
You're looking too short term.

Since Dominance 2020, the price has increased $90 from the $250 I paid Cardzone for a sealed box. That's a 36 percentage increase.

I would understand if match worn guernseys were included, but that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom