Latest Movie/DVD you've seen, and what would you rate it...

It seriously made me double think about the hostels I stayed at while in Europe.

Lets just say there's more than meets the eye to the hostel in this flick.

Funkadelic said:
Hostel is awesome. Eli Roth is a genius. I love Cabin Fever but this is way better.

i agree with you but to that extent, i dont think he's a genius. he makes good gory horror though. and hostel isnt awesome imo, its def pushing the boundaries but its not a classic. cabin fever was average, this is a lot better.

Saw Date Movie. Had some OK bits, but really wasn't all that good. 2/5

On a happier note, there was a preview for Scary Movie 4, which looked funnier than the movie was.

Funkadelic said:
Hostel is awesome. Eli Roth is a genius. I love Cabin Fever but this is way better.

Thanks for the update Funk......I intend on watching this movie very soon and you have convinced me to go sooner than later :)

Yea about that, you should probably take JZA's reply into consideration also.
I'm basing my statement on the fact that these kind of movies are my favourite. Anything from George Romero, Troma, movies so bad they're good etc.

Also watched The Pink Panther last night. I like Steve Martin but this is pretty bad. Not very funny at all. Peter Sellers was the man. Beyonce looks good though. 2/5

Saw hostel on friday nite, rally enjoyed it, Think I'll go to canada on my next big trip and skip Europe

I just finished watching Category Seven: The End of the World that I taped Sunday night...

I have to say I found it quite enjoyable... although not enough people died LOL It was a disaster movie too many of the main characters survived... kinda sucked!

Watched 40 year old Virgin last night, thought it was funny as and a decent movie. Especially the scene where he gets his chest waxed, cause it really happened and u can tell his friends are laughing for real
Gotta love the $1 tuesdays

I picked up the LOTR: Third Age on Xbox, which is based around the trilogy, and shows clips as you progress. I got that in to it, so we got the movies.

Watched the first one (Fellowship Of The Ring) on Monday, and the second (Two Towers) last night. Both were great, but the Two Towers was spectacular.

Hoping to watch the third instalment (Return Of The King) tonight, or by/on the weekend.

Fellowship Of The Ring = 3/5

Two Towers = 4/5

Return Of The King = (TBA)

Is that the first time youve seen the LOTR movies Mavs?! Bit behind the 8 ball on those ones ;)

and 3/5 for fellowship? your a harsh bastard mate, id give full marks for all 3, theyre some of the best movies ever made.

Bought a couple of dvds off ebay and got em in the post yesterday, direct from Hong Kong. ive been after these two for bloody ages so very happy. First up, arguably Jackie Chan's greatest film Drunken Master 3 (aka Legend of Drunken Master), Uncut Chinese version, with eng subs and original soundtrack. theres a MIramax version but its been cut, and has a different (much inferior) score, and is only dodgy eng dub, which for me is slightly more painful to listen to than listening to a baby crying while hearing fingernails on a blackboard. Its a killer movie, some ****ing AMAZING stunts and fights. 95/100 for this one.

Second is Fist of Legend, easily Jet Li's best film. once again, theres a dodgy miramax 'americanised' version out, but this one is the rare as hell taiwanese version: uncut, eng subs, basically how the movie should be enjoyed. Some of the best fight scenes ever captured on film. nuff said. 94/100.

Yeah, to be honest LOTR hasnt done anything for me. First time I tried to watch the 1st one, I saw 30 mins, and went to sleep.

But since I got the game, it's gotten me that hooked I HAD to watch them.

LOL, I know I'm harsh... ha ha ha, but yeah, I dont think it was as good as the 2nd so the 2nd gets a better score. And although it's not perfect, it only gets a 4/5....

Well i finally got the dvd Underworld the other night. Heard lots of people talking about it and since the second movie came out then i told my self i better catch up with the times.
Its said to be a horror movie, i wouldnt go that far more action packed sci fi. Vampires Vs Lycons ( warewolves) preety cool movie and some cool effects, wouldnt mind watching it twice to understand everything properly 3/5

Back
Top Bottom