Lakers and LeBum swept!!!!

If your bar for ragging on a guy is "must do more than drop 40 in the conference finals at 38 years old" then I hate to break it to you but your favourite player will no doubt suck even more when their time comes.

I'm no LeBron fan but the constant ragging on him, as he achieves accomplishments none, or very few have before, is just petty and immature.

Now, as I actually watched this game (well the second half at least), I am happy to discuss any player's strengths or short comings, but if we just want to call other folks names who are infinitely better at what they do than any of us will likely ever be then this seems like a pointless thread.

If your bar for ragging on a guy is "must do more than drop 40 in the conference finals at 38 years old" then I hate to break it to you but your favourite player will no doubt suck even more when their time comes.

I'm no LeBron fan but the constant ragging on him, as he achieves accomplishments none, or very few have before, is just petty and immature.

Now, as I actually watched this game (well the second half at least), I am happy to discuss any player's strengths or short comings, but if we just want to call other folks names who are infinitely better at what they do than any of us will likely ever be then this seems like a pointless thread.
People keep on talking LeBron up as being the greatest ever, but he's not. I'm not a Jordan fan myself but comparing Jordan's stat's to LeBron and saying LeBron is better is ridiculous when you consider LeBron has played 20 consecutive seasons to Jordan only playing 13, Jordan wins hands down. Jordan has six championships in 13 seasons compared to LeBron's 4 in 20 with 3 different teams. No comparison.

For me, the goat is Bill Russell - 11 championships and he put team first. Second to him, imo, is Kevin Garnett - incomparable overall stats and always put team ahead of ego.

People keep on talking LeBron up as being the greatest ever, but he's not. I'm not a Jordan fan myself but comparing Jordan's stat's to LeBron and saying LeBron is better is ridiculous when you consider LeBron has played 20 consecutive seasons to Jordan only playing 13, Jordan wins hands down. Jordan has six championships in 13 seasons compared to LeBron's 4 in 20 with 3 different teams. No comparison.

For me, the goat is Bill Russell - 11 championships and he put team first. Second to him, imo, is Kevin Garnett - incomparable overall stats and always put team ahead of ego.

All fair points.

In my eyes Jordan was the greatest player I have seen (but I also was not alive before the 80s so hard to get a great perspective on earlier guys.

LeBron and/or Kareem I would argue have had the greatest careers, in a large part due to their longevity advantages as you point out vs say a Jordan who "only" played 15 seasons. (As much as we would all like to forget the Wizards seasons I don't think we can!).

All-time greatest is always an all-time great pub debate as everyone can have very different criteria.

MJ laughing at LeBroom right now.....

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Lebron was never a favourite for me but credit when it’s due he is one of the greatest players ever, anyone who doesn’t have him in the top 3 players of all time is dreaming and he isn’t finished yet. Jordan would’ve adapted to todays game and been dominant I have no doubt that’s why he will always be number one, not sure if Lebron could handle 82 games verse players like Rodman, Shaq, Mourning, Hakeem but he did win a championship against Duncan.
The biggest point I would like to make is most of Lebrons time in the NBA the question has been who’s the best player in the world right now Kobe or Lebron, next Curry or Lebron, next Giannis or Lebron and a couple others along the way when Jordan played there was NO “who’s the best“ everybody knew Jordan was the goat.

Lebron was never a favourite for me but credit when it’s due he is one of the greatest players ever, anyone who doesn’t have him in the top 3 players of all time is dreaming and he isn’t finished yet. Jordan would’ve adapted to todays game and been dominant I have no doubt that’s why he will always be number one, not sure if Lebron could handle 82 games verse players like Rodman, Shaq, Mourning, Hakeem but he did win a championship against Duncan.
The biggest point I would like to make is most of Lebrons time in the NBA the question has been who’s the best player in the world right now Kobe or Lebron, next Curry or Lebron, next Giannis or Lebron and a couple others along the way when Jordan played there was NO “who’s the best“ everybody knew Jordan was the goat.
No doubt Lebron is a an all time great but he does not even make my Top 5 lol :)

No doubt Lebron is a an all time great but he does not even make my Top 5 lol :)
Wow not even top 5 - must be a good top 5 you have,

1. Michael Jordan
2. Johnny Kilroy
3. Jackie Moon
4. Sidney Deane
5. Jesus Shuttlesworth

The man made 8 NBA finals in a row Against some of the best teams ever, No Lebron and Duncan has 6 rings and Curry 6-7.
Just curious who is your top 5?
I‘m sorry but I only have Jordan and Shaq above him.

Last edited:
I’m glad they’re out but it’s not Lebrons fault it’s the Lakers organisation if they’re looking for someone to blame they should blame themselves for not putting enough other talent around him which would mean spending money.

We hear all this talk about them trying to be put in the mom & pop run franchise oh it really is a small team and money behind the face of one of the most famous and (should be) profitable sports teams of all time! If they haven’t got the money to spend then they should sell the team, imo they’re wasting the last years of one of the all time great players by trying to put people like glass man around him and having Austin Reaves be one of the best players on the floor???? Fking insane

I’m glad they’re out but it’s not Lebrons fault it’s the Lakers organisation if they’re looking for someone to blame they should blame themselves for not putting enough other talent around him which would mean spending money.

We hear all this talk about them trying to be put in the mom & pop run franchise oh it really is a small team and money behind the face of one of the most famous and (should be) profitable sports teams of all time! If they haven’t got the money to spend then they should sell the team, imo they’re wasting the last years of one of the all time great players by trying to put people like glass man around him and having Austin Reaves be one of the best players on the floor???? Fking insane
Not sure if the decent players want to take a pay cut to play with Lebron anymore, and it‘s not a guarantee trip to the finals anymore, Bronny might come in and carry him to his last championship.

Wow not even top 5 - must be a good top 5 you have,

1. Michael Jordan
2. Johnny Kilroy
3. Jackie Moon
4. Sidney Deane
5. Jesus Shuttlesworth

The man made 8 NBA finals in a row Against some of the best teams ever, No Lebron and Duncan has 6 rings and Curry 6-7.
Just curious who is your top 5?
I‘m sorry but I only have Jordan and Shaq above him.
MJ
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe

MJ
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Ok Lakers fan, I am a Knicks fan I was angry with them when they got knocked out and the struggle to attract players for the last 15 years, the Porzingas shamozzle almost pushed me over the edge, I’m sure they will bounce back the Westbrook saga took a lot out of them, A fit AD would be unstoppable and I’m sure they will have a big trade season.

I guess there are a lot of factors for who individuals pick in their top 5, I love Magic, Bird and Kareem but one in my top 5 and I don’t have Kobe in my top 50.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Shaq
3. Lebron James
4. Steph Curry
5. Patrick Ewing

Joking

5. Scottie Pippen

Here's the top 15 I came to after researching for my Top 100 all time list -

1 Jordan
2 Russell
3 Shaq
4 Lebron
5 Kareem
6 Magic
7 Kobe
8 Larry
9 Duncan
10 Hakeem
11 Curry
12 Wilt
13 Oscar
14 Durant
15 Dr J

Only one that has me thinking a fair bit is Wilt - I'm open to moving him up but that's as high as I could get him as of right now. Curry will probably move up too actually.

Ok Lakers fan, I am a Knicks fan I was angry with them when they got knocked out and the struggle to attract players for the last 15 years, the Porzingas shamozzle almost pushed me over the edge, I’m sure they will bounce back the Westbrook saga took a lot out of them, A fit AD would be unstoppable and I’m sure they will have a big trade season.

I guess there are a lot of factors for who individuals pick in their top 5, I love Magic, Bird and Kareem but one in my top 5 and I don’t have Kobe in my top 50.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Shaq
3. Lebron James
4. Steph Curry
5. Patrick Ewing

Joking

5. Scottie Pippen
Lebron would be in my top 10, to not have Kobe (MJ version 2.0) in your top 50 is crazy , each to their own :)

Lebron would be in my top 10, to not have Kobe (MJ version 2.0) in your top 50 is crazy , each to their own :)
I have to agree my dislike for Kobe due to his attitude blinds me from seeing how good of a player he was, if I swallowed my pride and focused on his ability he possibly could be in my top 20.

Interesting odds on future Hall of Famers - what do you think?

Thought I'd have a look for Carmelo since he retired today

active hof %.JPG

Ok 98.4% chance seems pretty good.........

Paul George and Kyle Lowry are shocks imo and I'd eventually have Kevin Love in over Kyrie if it came to that lol

homer simpson GIF

Interesting odds on future Hall of Famers - what do you think?

Thought I'd have a look for Carmelo since he retired today

active hof %.JPG

Ok 98.4% chance seems pretty good.........

Paul George and Kyle Lowry are shocks imo and I'd eventually have Kevin Love in over Kyrie if it came to that lol

homer simpson GIF
Jimmy Buckets is about to push that stat up to 150%.

Back
Top Bottom