Kobe's feat breaks 42 year drought!!

nvd001

Knicks Baby!!
Real Name
Evan
eBay User
nvd001
Did anyone notice Kobe score 45 points again yesterday??

you may not have noticed that this is the 4th game in a row with which he has done so and therefore makes him the first person to score 45+ points in 4 consecutive games since 'Wilt the Stilt' back in 64'!! quite a feat!!

he has scored 188 points at an average of 47 in the last 4 games!!

Can play......but still a one man team in my view!!

Well he is twice as good as any of his teamates and needs to score half the teams score for them to win.

Of course thats a poor comparison. Wilt kept it up for a season and his avg was OVER 45pts per game. We jump up and down over 4 games?? Media happy LA.

And people actually put Kobe over Wilt on all time lists LMAO.. Oh man, opinions and articles are priceless sometimes. This is probably the most one sided team I've seen in all my years of watching the NBA and thats a long time.

Is anyone really surprised?

I couldnt agree with you more chadjaja!!

Wilt is an absolute champion of the game and noone will ever come close to some of the feats he achieved and be as dominant as he was on the court, but i give credit where credit is due!! i mean Kobe is playing out of his skin since coming back from his little suspension! but it is the first time any player has scored 45+ 4 games straight for over 40 years!! so well done!!

mind you, he needs to shoot 30-40 shots a game to do it!!

I'm surprised AI has yet to surpass this feat? Especially when Webber and Iguodala weren't in Philly yet.

Kobe is a great player... no doubt. But Phil Jackson needs to remedy the Lakers situation. Even MJ didn't need to carry the bulls entire weight on his shoulders to win games. Pretty soon, Kobe will break under all the weight. They're versing Portland too next game... I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 500pts. :p

While he is in a one man team...and may not be up to Wilt's 45 ppg for the whole season, we still need to acknowledge how good his current feat is.

As nvd said he is the first to do it since 1964 and as we all know there has been a hell of a lotta good players since then....ie. Jordan, Bird, Magic etc.

His recent feat is nothing to be sneezed at!!!

MJ didnt need to carry the bulls he had good players around him compared to the lakers.
Kobe still doesnt fully trust his team mates at the moment and its pretty hard to trust them when they dont get the ball too often Phil Should shout in his ear Odom, Smush, and Kwame are around you.
Smush is a great player let him take some of the limelight lakers are known as the showtime lakers not showtime Kobe and kobe is putting on his own show at the moment.
But he is still an unstopable offensive machine.:D hows that compared to jimbo's descripition of Vince

15DVS said:
As nvd said he is the first to do it since 1964 and as we all know there has been a hell of a lotta good players since then....ie. Jordan, Bird, Magic etc.

His recent feat is nothing to be sneezed at!!!

All good players on great teams. You can't compare the two. Bird once said he could come out and score 50pts every night but they wouldn't win as much. That says it all really. Even Jordan in the early years had some help and Jordan has less range then not like Kobe now. Like I said I can't remeber a team with a player of kobe's skills with that around him??

No big deal I say.

Teams know the deal. Let Kobe get is points and shut the others down.

Shutting the others down isnt working that well at the mo. They are on a three game winning streak!!!

chadjaja® said:
All good players on great teams. You can't compare the two. Bird once said he could come out and score 50pts every night but they wouldn't win as much. That says it all really. Even Jordan in the early years had some help and Jordan has less range then not like Kobe now. Like I said I can't remeber a team with a player of kobe's skills with that around him??

No big deal I say.

Teams know the deal. Let Kobe get is points and shut the others down.

like i said, i couldnt agree with you more. take Lebrons efforts for example... the cavs are 0-2 when he has scored over 50!! basketball is a team game, i know what you're saying!!

but like i said, i give credit where credit is due... so well done Kobe!!

Graham! Your idol is on 23 pts in the 1st half already against the Blazers. Will he get 17 pts in the 2nd half for the 40? ;)

*edit* 39 pts! QUICK FOUL HIM! lol.

*edit2*

:23.9 LAL - K. Bryant drives to the hoop for a dunk

LOL. 41 pts.

hill33 said:
Well at least you can't say he didnt get to 45 through lack of trying.

FG 13 from 29, 3's 3-13

yeah, thats the difference between him and say Lebron and AI!! they both get their points from like half as many shots!!

Back
Top Bottom