Jason Kidd Triple Double Watch

I still think Kidd's no rebounder, he just happens to be in the right spot at the right time. He's got one knack for knowing where the balls' going to fall that's for sure!

isnt that what make a good rebounder. being able to sense where the ball is going to go? doesnt matter how good a rebounder is. you have to read the bounce of the ball to get it still

isnt that what make a good rebounder. being able to sense where the ball is going to go? doesnt matter how good a rebounder is. you have to read the bounce of the ball to get it still

it is very true. exactly. scotty, what you said is like saying "he's not a great passer, but he just has a knack of knowing where his players are".. i mean, fundamentally rebounding, you have to box out etc, you have to want it, but knowing where the ball is going is part of being a good rebounder.

just like anticipating the passing lanes or knowing when to gamble etc.

Well, i think Jason Kidd is a good rebounder... because Rodman once talked about rebounding.. the basic thing to rebound is, get to the place where the bounced ball would be... the curve of the ball from each player bounces differently... once u get to know about 150 players how they shoot.. i think it's pretty much easy.. even helps offensive rebounds.

for example, bank shots won't bounce so far or high... while flat shots can be either bounced back and hit the glass pretty much... Jason Kidd always examines the shots and he happens to move quickly.. and you can sometimes see he doesn't press his opponent while defending.. he just didn't give the space to execute against him (sometimes doesn't work against players like steve nash and gilbert arenas).. and most of the rebounds he got is not from his man-to-man opponent players...

What i wanna say is, he watches the ball, the other team on defense, but never watches the ball or other players on offense.. that makes him hard to read his mind... as a result, he can dish out well and can get rebounds easier. and i guess that is his talent....

Yeah I think what I was trying to say with Kidd is that he's not a competitive rebounder, but still manages to pull them in night in and night out.

He's not a true rebounder, he just reads the ball.

As for his passes, it's a toss-up with him and Nash who can dish it better, they both are equal in my mind.

Yeah I think what I was trying to say with Kidd is that he's not a competitive rebounder, but still manages to pull them in night in and night out.

He's not a true rebounder, he just reads the ball.

As for his passes, it's a toss-up with him and Nash who can dish it better, they both are equal in my mind.

hmmm, that's true! they just kind of pop out of nowhere, i guess it's "rebounders luck". hahaha.

i think Jason Kidd is a better passer, while Nash is a better "playmaker". I mean, they can both pull off the craziest passes, but that's not what it's about because Iverson, Jason Williams and many others can pull off crazy passes.

Kidd is pretty spectacular though, near 9 apg and he doesn't have anywhere the amount of finishers and shooters that Nash has on his team.

I guess i'll split it down the middle too, Nash is a better floorleader right now I think, but Jason Kidd in my eyes has been the most complete point guard in the league since Gary Payton left Seattle.

Too bad the Nets lost. Vince Carter sucked.

Jason Kidd posted his 85th career triple-double with 11 points, 14 assists and 14 rebounds. The 10 triple-doubles this year are the most for Kidd in any season.

Jason Kidd has done it again..

it's kinda weird to see his rebounds and assists are more than his points total.

philly played very all around game from everybody....

i think kidd needs to stop concentrating on the rebounds and start to raise his ppg...the nets suck hard offensively at the moment, they as a team need an extra 20ppg at least.

Kidd can drop 20 points on any given night.

VC needs to heat up, I think he had 9 points that day... 4/20 shooting... OUCH.

With him averaging 24ppg, and Nacho scoring deep off the bench.

The Nets just lack the big guy inside. Miki isnt enough.

Kidd can drop 20 points on any given night.

VC needs to heat up, I think he had 9 points that day... 4/20 shooting... OUCH.

With him averaging 24ppg, and Nacho scoring deep off the bench.

The Nets just lack the big guy inside. Miki isnt enough.

Agreed. Vince isn't consistent scoring high point games enough! If Jason wanted too, he could hit 5 three's every night and keep getting in the lane.

Mikki has stepped up hugely though.

Vince Carter matched his season high with 46 points, added a career-best 16 rebounds and 10 assists. Jason Kidd tied a career high with 16 rebounds, equaled his season high with 18 assists and added a late free throw for 10 points.

Carter and Kidd became the first teammates with triple-doubles in the same game since Jordan and Pippen in 1989, leading the New Jersey Nets to a 120-114 overtime victory over the injury-ravaged Washington Wizards on Saturday night.

Jordan had 41 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds, while Pippen added 15 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in Chicago's 126-121 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Jan. 3, 1989.

"I've been trying for a long time," Carter said of his third career triple-double. "It's a special night. I'm not used to it. I was just trying to do whatever I needed to do for the team. For me, I wanted to help on the boards and make plays because guys were hitting shots."

The triple-double was the 11th of the season and 86th of his career for Kidd, who was a turnover away from a dubious quadruple-double.

The top 5 all-time looks like this:
1. Oscar Robertson -- 181
2. Magic Johnson -- 138
3. Jason Kidd -- 86
4. Wilt Chamberlain -- 78
5. Larry Bird -- 59

great triple double by great combo..

i must see that game..... i thought it was better than jordan/pippen TDs..
i mean, jordan and pippen got TD by 10 rebounds.. and they both are pretty much taller than carter/kidd combo... 32 rebounds.. that's pretty big rebounding effort...

I don't think Jason can get into the top 2, he's done a heck of a job to get this far thoughh! Phenomenal how he can get 18 boards!! Lead his team in rebounding in one game! And average what, 8 rpg for the season!?

Back
Top Bottom