Iverson Leaves Grizzlies?!?

You know what happens next... JustinTV.

Hate to see it though, was hoping he'd get to some form and re-invent himself.

Feels like Tyson all over again.

Ummm guys...... dunno where you got that story from, but all the stories I've read state he was granted permission to go & attend to a personal matter..

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/po...r-between-on-allen-iversons-future-in-memphis

On Saturday, Iverson was granted permission to leave the the Grizzlies to deal with a personal matter a Grizzlies spokesperson confirmed.

The question is, will he be back?

Head coach Lionel Hollins said Saturday night that Iverson's departure was "indefinite." Owner Michael Heisley said Iverson's absence has nothing to do with his displeasure about his role on the team.

You can choose to believe that or not, but I seriously doubt he would just up & leave the team cause he was pissed.

This time, the Grizzlies told him up front about the bench role and accepted the $3M deal but his ego seems to think diferently.

Your source that they told him he'll be coming off the bench is?

Your source that they told him he'll be coming off the bench is?

Every single article I read about the signing said he was happy to come off the bench and he was saying that...I'm not great at back searching articles though...but here's 1 that clearly states he was not promised the starting role = he should have been fine with coming off the bench since he agreed to the contract.

Iverson agrees to Grizzlies deal - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Hope your right and he's only left because of the personal matter :)

Thanks Ben..... although maybe it was stated that he was happy to come off the bench if they were winning...... that's what he said in a recent article I read anyway.

Either way you look at it I wish he just stuck it out with them this year so he would have had a better chance next year at a team.

Q&A time with Allen Iverson.

Q. Did Griz brass tell you the franchise was rebuilding?

Iverson: No. Nobody ever said anything about rebuilding. You know I wouldn't have come to a team, at 34 years old, that was in a rebuilding process. I'm trying to win a championship. I thought I would have won a championship by now. I didn't come here for no money. I didn't come here for another scoring title or an All-Star game. I've done all that stuff. I want to win. If we are not trying to win, I have a problem. I'm assuming we are trying to win."

Sorry to say this AI, but you chose the wrong team to go to for a championship..... at 34. You'll be long retired before they even come close to a championship. :rolleyes:

Can just imagine how unbearable he'll be to listen to once if retires if he doesnt win a championship. Look at Charles Barkley.

Iverson doesn't want to be a reserve or distraction - The Memphis Edge

Q&A time with Allen Iverson.

Q. Did Griz brass tell you the franchise was rebuilding?

Iverson: No. Nobody ever said anything about rebuilding. You know I wouldn't have come to a team, at 34 years old, that was in a rebuilding process. I'm trying to win a championship. I thought I would have won a championship by now. I didn't come here for no money. I didn't come here for another scoring title or an All-Star game. I've done all that stuff. I want to win. If we are not trying to win, I have a problem. I'm assuming we are trying to win."

Sorry to say this AI, but you chose the wrong team to go to for a championship..... at 34. You'll be long retired before they even come close to a championship. :rolleyes:

Can just imagine how unbearable he'll be to listen to once if retires if he doesnt win a championship. Look at Charles Barkley.

Iverson doesn't want to be a reserve or distraction - The Memphis Edge

Memphis playing for a championship??? Either AI is blind/deaf or he's really losing his mind.

Q. Do you understand what Hollins is trying to do by gradually bringing you along?

Iverson: I understand what he's doing. But he's seen the things I've done. He knows I've never come off the bench in my whole career. He knows that's not something I'm accustomed to. He knows that's not something I would want to do. ...Everybody knows that's not something I want to do.

And I know people are watching my every move and watching to see if I'm sitting over there pouting. My son is at home watching the same thing.

I don't want to be the guy who is a distraction to this squad but everybody knows I'd be fake if I said, 'Yeah, I'm so happy with everything that's going on.' It would just be too fake so I wouldn't even play that game.

This one really makes no sense to me. He said he understand but he disagree coz he's never come off the bench in his whole career... If you say you understand then you should have go along to what the coach wants to do and help him make the young guys become better players and the whole team better... Imagine how bad this situation affects those young players that potentially can become Allstars... :rolleyes:

Anyways, whether he's coming back from his excused absence or not is their decision. But to me, it sounds the same like Joe Dumars saying that AI is sideline with an injury for the rest of last season. :whistle:

So the AI experiment lasted 3 games..... The grizzlies have agreed to waiver him. wonder if anyone will pick him up when he clears waivers.
I'm thinking the bobcats might with Larry Brown hating on DJ at the moment.....
Wonder if they could make the playoffs with Stephen Jackson and AI to go with Wallace and Chandler, diaw???

So the AI experiment lasted 3 games..... The grizzlies have agreed to waiver him. wonder if anyone will pick him up when he clears waivers.
Wonder if they could make the playoffs with Stephen Jackson and AI to go with Wallace and Chandler, diaw???

Felton is Brown's favourite man, so I doubt even if AI comes on board that we'd see that line-up on a regular basis. Reckon Diaw would be the versatile 6th man.

I havnt taken much notice with the bobcats this year other than that they are S-T-Ruggling in the win column, but why's Brown hating DJ? Also yeah that team looks pretty good on paper i reckon

Some people say the media and NBA are out to get Iverson out of the league, and are just tarnishing his reputation.

That said, he may be the worst team player I have ever seen in the NBA.

The NBA and media don't put words in his mouth or go out and act on and off court as he does. AI can cry poor all he wants but he will be remembered as a selfish try hard thug.

The team is putting in a spin about it being for personal reasons but its pretty obvious it isn't. The team could easily put the foot down and have a real dig at him but they aren't.

Wow this "personal matter" must be pretty bad to make the Grizzlies have to waive him and for him to accept it. I wouldn't have thought he'd be playing anytime soon...

What's that? He's already nominated that he wants to play in the NBA still? You mean there was no personal matter and it's all a complete load of BS? Ohhhh I see.

Why when a toddler cries because it wants something do we tell it no and ignore the crying because it'll stop, but when a multi-million dollar sports star cries we jump?

Yup I have a personal problem preventing me from playing for the team that pays me currently but it will all clear if someone trades me to an eastern conf team where I can start.

NBA conspiracy will prevent him going to a big market like NY though.

Back
Top Bottom