Ive learnt a lesson from Jeremy Lin.

What happend to your Mav's wagon?

I do love a good wagon though so I'm in for who or what ever is next

The Mavs were HOT in the finals, now I can't even GIVE away some Dirk haha, what a fickle bunch collectors are :cautious: Having to pick between a Heat wagon and a Mavs wagon is the easiest choice I've ever made! :D

The Mavs were HOT in the finals, now I can't even GIVE away some Dirk haha, what a fickle bunch collectors are :cautious: Having to pick between a Heat wagon and a Mavs wagon is the easiest choice I've ever made! :D

You can't give him away?? I'm sure I can find a home for him with the other 824 if I need them :)

I'm glad that i jumped on the Rubio Bandwagon early! its worth more than 3 times what i bought it for!:)

Don't Americans know Yao Ming isn't the only Asian who's good at basketball!!??!!??!!

lol haha

The deal is, that when you have so many major sports in the states, unless your someone who stands out, your not going to be noticed. However, with Lin, he has a few other things going for him. One the NYC market, the fact that he is religious, he is from HARVARD!?!?!?!? He relates to so many on so many levels. IF he can be the real deal, even if he is just a bit above average, it will make everyone forget the lockout and create such a buzz for the sport. I guess you would need to be American and be a part of the culture to understand.

Never the less, most American sports fanatics have a clue, its just they dont get worked up over just a player, but a story behind it. Just like the way Jordan did it, not only was he bloody awesome, he also every day told a new story on and off the court. Now, I am not comparing Lin to Jordan, but to understand the mindset of sports in the US.
--- merged: Feb 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM ---
I'm glad that i jumped on the Rubio Bandwagon early! its worth more than 3 times what i bought it for!:)

His pricings are falling fast..... The card I got from Bainy has already lost 30.00 in sale value on ebay...

I don't know if i should sell it because he may participate in one of the All Star Weekend Contests!:ermm:

Yes, the Wall game really boosted the kids profile. But dont forget, he did very well against D-Will in that first breakout game. Obviously his momentum cannot continue with Amare, Melo and Baron all coming back. But you are right, its the chemistry. What I like about Lin is his humility and work ethic. I'll try find it, but I remember reading about him saying to some Asian high school students something like, asians dont just have to be good at computers and maths.

Hes a youth leader at church, a Harvard graduate (yep, an Asian Ivy Leaguer playing NBA wth). Mate I knew all of this stuff and I dragged my feet. sniff.

One last thing, Golden State sent him to waivers, Rockets picked him up but he didnt stay long. The chemistry was waiting at NYK, good on them.

Back
Top Bottom