Ive learnt a lesson from Jeremy Lin.

supertoad

OzCardTrader
Real Name
euge
Hey ya'll. As a recent nba returnee (stopped watching/playing since I was at high school), I wanted to find guys to PC. Because my first season back was 10/11 I scoured through all the bios, wiki pages, draftEX profiles to find ballers who had good life-stories.

That left me, in order, with Jeremy Lin, Evan Turner and Gordon Hayward. Kool blokes who I reckon have long term potential, and can hopefully make an impact on and off the court, during and after their nba careers.

Unfortunately for me I started on fire then cooled, got distracted looking for John Wall stuff cos of the hype, yeh he's exciting but I gotta admit I did a band wagon.

Twice a week (at least), I search my pc's on american ebay and see whats going on.

In the last two months, ALL of the JLin's couldnt sell for much. I dragged my feet and thought yeh I'll grab some soon. Too late!!

The prices are really stoopid now, check ém:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-NATION...22126575?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item19cd8373ef

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-11-Jerem...37455614?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item2c62e0b8fe

Couldve had multiples of those at fractions of those prices (assuming theyre legit of course).

O well, must be content with what I have now that im locked out due to costs. Sorry JLin7, at least I have the 1/1.

Twice a week (at least), I search my pc's on american ebay and see whats going on.

im more worried about you not checking ebay 20 times a day like i do.
and i'd be pretty confident alot of others are the same..

in regard to your thread..
i think that different players will have a coup[le of big games and their stocks rise quick then drift away..
most recently i can think of is norris cole..

just smiling and feeling smug about my PC. got all the autos and RCs i wanted during the lockout when people were flagging them for between $0.99 cents and $10.

i'm sure once his numbers drop, his prices will too. but you'll have to compete with collectors from the Bay area AND New York

the kid has been impressive in extended game time over last 2 games... wonder if d'antoni keeps giving him some burn once amare gets back and regular rotation is restored... go with the good thing for now me thinks - give him an opportunity

ridiculous money for those cards though for someone who has not done all that much just yet... gotta love this hobby :)

What the!!!!! I was looking at some of his prices this morning and they are insane!!!!!! Even my Gordon Hayward jersey numbered auto wouldn't sell that much!!!:thumbsdown:

Nah no bidding for the 1/1, just a gigantic number. Who knows, Spike Lee himself might want it. And y'know what? Im not desperate to sell, if it doesnt go gangbusters then it'll just stay with me. Baron Davis and Amare come back and his prices drop. Who cares? Hes a hectic kid who had his moment in the limelight, his true fans won't forget, we were already of what he was capable of.

Maybe a recruiter from a different team is looking for a permanent PG who knows?!

Cheers mate. You never know. The main thing is I dont want to look back in 3 years and have a big regret, I'd rather have the card. Also, factoring in the exchange rate, and postage (which may be around $100), it needs to be very decent.

f1xnvd.jpg

Nuff said!

Good choice selling while they are hot. You'll be able to buy them back cheap once the hype cools down unless he just owns the rest of the season haha

Back
Top Bottom