Its been awhile - here's what I've been up to

FabFiveFan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Richard
Havent put up a decent mail day in ages, was thinking of doing one on the weekend just past, but given what arrived today, I could not hold off any longer, but we will get to that in a minute. Firstly, a few new Preferred for the PC, starting with Darren Collison:

P1010743_zps36fedaaf.jpg

And then moving along to the Morris Twins, firstly Marcus:

P1010647_zps7361c54b.jpg

While its a bit difficult to see, the GU version is Jersey Numbered :D

And also his low numbered Auto's, also from Preferred:

P1010648_zpsce6ec032.jpg

And then Markieff:

P1010641_zpsb719768b.jpg

P1010643_zps928f4f58.jpg

I'm not sure if I have put a pic up of my Darren Collison 1/1 (thanks to Mr Pap for this one), but just in case, and since I'm in "showoff" mode, why not ;):

P1010521_zps18d89aed.jpg

And in a fantastic turn of events, I was able to obtain these two beauties:

P1010638_zpsbc4e734e.jpg

And the matching (of course) 1/1 for Markieff:

P1010637_zps4a44e975.jpg

Now with 3 1/1's brought to the table you would think that would be it. Normally you would be right, not much can top a 1/1, even though none of them are auto's. But here is an Auto of a guy that most of you would have heard of......

P1010744_zps34e6db19.jpg

To cut a long story short, this card is from 11/12 Upper Deck SP Authentic, Home Court Signatures, a sweet looking auto set that has long been a rather expensive chase set of mine, so when I came across this ripper at a bargain basement price normally I would have gone ahead without thinking, BUT, from a guy on eBay with feedback of only 4, it took alot of soul searching to go ahead with the purchase. So when it arrived today my sigh of relief was massive to say the least, and all is good, very good now, with only Grant Hill and John Havlicek to go, wish I could find them lol.

Thanks for looking.

Pretty sure I've seen a Havlicek Home Court auto somewhere but can't see I've ever seen the Grant Hill! Good luck!

Great pick-ups with the silho's 1/1's and the MJ of course... takes some courage buying an MJ auto from a 4 feedback seller though! GL with finding the final pieces for the set, it'll look awesome once complete!

Havent put up a decent mail day in ages, was thinking of doing one on the weekend just past, but given what arrived today, I could not hold off any longer, but we will get to that in a minute. Firstly, a few new Preferred for the PC, starting with Darren Collison:

P1010743_zps36fedaaf.jpg

And then moving along to the Morris Twins, firstly Marcus:

P1010647_zps7361c54b.jpg

While its a bit difficult to see, the GU version is Jersey Numbered :D

And also his low numbered Auto's, also from Preferred:

P1010648_zpsce6ec032.jpg

And then Markieff:

P1010641_zpsb719768b.jpg

P1010643_zps928f4f58.jpg

I'm not sure if I have put a pic up of my Darren Collison 1/1 (thanks to Mr Pap for this one), but just in case, and since I'm in "showoff" mode, why not ;):

P1010521_zps18d89aed.jpg

And in a fantastic turn of events, I was able to obtain these two beauties:

P1010638_zpsbc4e734e.jpg

And the matching (of course) 1/1 for Markieff:

P1010637_zps4a44e975.jpg

Now with 3 1/1's brought to the table you would think that would be it. Normally you would be right, not much can top a 1/1, even though none of them are auto's. But here is an Auto of a guy that most of you would have heard of......

P1010744_zps34e6db19.jpg

To cut a long story short, this card is from 11/12 Upper Deck SP Authentic, Home Court Signatures, a sweet looking auto set that has long been a rather expensive chase set of mine, so when I came across this ripper at a bargain basement price normally I would have gone ahead without thinking, BUT, from a guy on eBay with feedback of only 4, it took alot of soul searching to go ahead with the purchase. So when it arrived today my sigh of relief was massive to say the least, and all is good, very good now, with only Grant Hill and John Havlicek to go, wish I could find them lol.

Thanks for looking.
Nice Jordan I am also chasing this set and just realised that in the 12-13 authentic they have released the walt frazier for the 11-12 set do you know about this?

Nice Jordan I am also chasing this set and just realised that in the 12-13 authentic they have released the walt frazier for the 11-12 set do you know about this?

There were 3 of these 11/12 Jordans that popped up, all at the same time as this years 12/13 release, which might have been possible, maybe sellers just taking advantage of the hype, but 2 of the sellers (including the seller who I purchased mine from) both stated in their sales descriptions that they had just pulled the cards from a 12/13 box, which seems extremely unlikely, but who really knows. There are new 12/13 Home Court Signatures that are in this years release, a little bit different in design, and some dual autos, which are pretty cool, but I dont like them as much as last years, and given that I have just obtained the Grant Hill (literally today) I now only need one more to complete the set, this being the most elusive John Havlicek.

There were 3 of these 11/12 Jordans that popped up, all at the same time as this years 12/13 release, which might have been possible, maybe sellers just taking advantage of the hype, but 2 of the sellers (including the seller who I purchased mine from) both stated in their sales descriptions that they had just pulled the cards from a 12/13 box, which seems extremely unlikely, but who really knows. There are new 12/13 Home Court Signatures that are in this years release, a little bit different in design, and some dual autos, which are pretty cool, but I dont like them as much as last years, and given that I have just obtained the Grant Hill (literally today) I now only need one more to complete the set, this being the most elusive John Havlicek.
I found on a page the releases for 12-13 and It does have cards from last years including jordan walt frazier lebron if I find it again il post the link. This years home court sigs the player photo is at the bottom instead of top

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2012-13-sp-authentic-basketball-cards

Heres the link its an update for 11-12. Will you need these also. I saw a walt frazier come up and couldnt find it on a checklist anywhere until read this. So now I need it also

I hadnt realised that there were a few new players in there (Drexler & Frazier), so I will go for those two. Cheers for the heads up.

Nice work mate - always good to add the Jordan! I myself just need the B Russell and J Worthy!

We should combine our two sets so that we can have a completed set pic, although based on the information above, looks like we both need a couple more.

Back
Top Bottom