it is almost upon us

sskillswitch

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
pennywisdom66
thats right, the time has almost come for me to make my virgin voyage to the great unknown us notherners like to call “Melbourne”. whilst this is a much needed break from the clutches of work (albeit short), it is/has chewed into my funds slightly, meaning that i have not really been able to spend as much on the hobby as i would like. However, being the weak willed individual that i am, and always lurking on these boards, i have noticed quite a few you “Mexicans” purchase your NBA boxes in the state in which you choose to reside, so i emplore you to help out a fellow collector by pointing me in the direction of where you purchase them...... please haha.

The other half has briefly mentioned that we WILL be going to St Kilda markets on Sunday, and i have no idea what is there. Probably nothing id be interested in anyway.

so please, help a brother out by divulging your secrets as to where i can find hobby enjoyment and maybe meet up with one or two of you lot at the same time!!

cheers

Matt

hey mate im not sure about the st Kilda markets but about 40 mins out of the CBD is the Dandenong market, where a lot of us see mal for our boxes.
Its open on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. He also is at the Caribbean markets on a sunday.
There may be something in the city others might know about, but hope that helps a little!

Good luck

Great post Matt, nothing better than asking the locals. I will also be doing the venture to the magical centre of the footy world, being Melbourne, at the end of August. I was also going to be looking to info on best place/s to try to get to.

hey mate im not sure about the st Kilda markets but about 40 mins out of the CBD is the Dandenong market, where a lot of us see mal for our boxes.
Its open on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. He also is at the Caribbean markets on a sunday.
There may be something in the city others might know about, but hope that helps a little!

Good luck

Any chance of getting a bit more info on the Caribbean Markets, as I am figuring that Sunday morning will be my best chance to head out on my own for a bit of hobby fun. Any other places that need to be noted?

Great post Matt, nothing better than asking the locals. I will also be doing the venture to the magical centre of the footy world, being Melbourne, at the end of August. I was also going to be looking to info on best place/s to try to get to.

Any chance of getting a bit more info on the Caribbean Markets, as I am figuring that Sunday morning will be my best chance to head out on my own for a bit of hobby fun. Any other places that need to be noted?

2 main NBA sellers, Harry and Mal. Both have reasonable prices and singles.

Saturday will be a write off for me as we will prob go straight from airport to hotel to mcg to watch the mighty Hawks v richmond. if carribean isnt too far outta the way i might try n convince the missus to go there on sunday. dandy would be good except goin 40 mins out of the city without a car might prove difficult, especially on the day we are coming back home.

thanks for the info guys :)

If you're heading out to St Kilda, hit up Grayson from Cherry Collectables on here before hand and see what he has in stock and he might be able to help you out with some stuff.

Or as above Mal at Carribean if you make it out this side

riiight, well its been less than 24 hours since i touched down, and its been fairly miserable. a useless transfer service from the airport that made us wait an hour and we still caught a taxi. a disappointing showing by the hawks, waaaay too much rain, waaaay too much walking and dodgy sleep. sooo, we have decided to hire a car and head down to carribean markets so our luck may hopefully change... hope to see some of you there!!!

Back
Top Bottom