WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
I was just reading the latest "Inside the Mavericks" and one reader posted a question about if say Shaq was traded, or retired from Miami before the replay game.

The NBA Officials say that whatever team you started the game with, that's your roster.

It actually happend back in '79!

Check this out:
A game between Philadelphia and New Jersey was protested and, before the replayed part of the game could happen, the two teams pulled off a trade.

Harvey Catchings went from Philadelphia, then was traded to the Nets for Eric Money and Ralph Simpson.

All three players were in the box score for both teams. Money scored 23 points for New Jersey and four for the 76ers.

Sounds like a first and possibly last for the NBA. Scoring points for both teams in the same game...

What do you mean? you meant the 2 teams that are involved in the replay made a trade with each other??

That's what happend previously (Philly & New Jersey made a trade).

But say Shaq was traded to Boston, he'd have to be made available for the game V Atlanta.

That's what happend previously (Philly & New Jersey made a trade).

But say Shaq was traded to Boston, he'd have to be made available for the game V Atlanta.

Would be very interesting! Though I don;t see how the example about from '79 had players scoring for both teams in the same game? Would have been separate like the next Heat/Hawks will be wouldn;t it? 1 game, new players, last 51secs of other game, different players.

However, this would raise some very interesting sub-issues, such as, if Shaq came in from elsewhere to replay (if he'd been traded), instead of being as tired as he was after 4 quarters, he'd be fresh!

And Scotty, that new 'Beef' part of your sig, Awesome! haha Shits me too.

Yeah the situations are different, but I think they're just referring to the fact that it's only happend once before, when teams disputed the outcome.

I assume the NBA must have changed their regulations that the players were able to be traded, and play against their original teams.

One thing I find that sucks a bit about this whole replaying last 51 seconds bizzo, is what if in the time from that game, to the time they play again, what happens if they lose their "star" players. Not that either team have any (just jokes), but say Kidd & Carter have injuries, and Wade & Shaq are out..... Or say if the Nets lose Kidd, Carter & R-Jeff, and Heat lose no one, or vice versus.

so if a 3 player trade was made right now, say

shaq/wade/williams

for

joel pryzbilla

and this was done a week before the replay game, those guys play for their new teams, then they have to call wade/shaq/williams back for that game, finish it, then send them back?

PS The heat would benefit a great deal if they pulled of that trade..

One thing I find that sucks a bit about this whole replaying last 51 seconds bizzo, is what if in the time from that game, to the time they play again, what happens if they lose their "star" players. Not that either team have any (just jokes), but say Kidd & Carter have injuries, and Wade & Shaq are out..... Or say if the Nets lose Kidd, Carter & R-Jeff, and Heat lose no one, or vice versus.

Isn't the game Atlanta vs Miami?

I understand your point though mate, I had thought about it myself. Not much you can do about it I suppose.

Oh yeah, sorry, I had New Jersey on the brain from the 1979 game.

But yeah, that's how it'd go. Strange huh.

Any players on the IR list before that game started, stays on that same list when the replay takes place.

Back
Top Bottom