If you could re-do Fleer/SkyBox Autographics....which player(s) do you want in?

bjho852

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Barry
If I am correct, when Autographics was released, all players signing on for these programs were still active in NBA back then.

I joined the Autographics discussion the other day on another forum and it got me to think of this. Looking back, if you could re-do these sets again, aside from the ones under exclusive deals (again, back then), which players do you want to see?

Stars or scrubs, it doesn't matter, but they had to be active players when these sets were first released, and are not in any of these sets.

Some of my picks:

(1) John Stockton
(2) Christian Laettner
(3) Gary Payton
(4) Jeff Hornacek
(5) Dan Majerle (His Autographics On Location card from 2000-01 Fleer Futures doesn't count)
(6) Robert Horry
(7) Kobe Bryant (not under any exclusive deal yet)
(8) Felton Spencer
(9) Patrick Ewing (highly unlikely though as he seems to be not willing to sign a large amount of cards at the same time)

What are your choices?

Saw this over at beckett.com. Definitely Ewing, though you hit the nail directly on the head in regards to his signing practices.

More Barkley

Barkley is in both 1997-98 and 1999-00 sets. Although slightly better than Ewing, he also seems to be a person not willing to sign too many cards at the same time.

===============================================

I'd probably add Detlef Schrempf and Jalen rose to the list.

Detlef Schrempf is in the 1998-99 set; Jalen Rose in 1999-00.

Payton is at the top of the list for me. As a player collector it kills me not having him in any of the Autographics sets :cry:

k love, payton, tim duncan, just to name a few but would love to see k love how sweet that would be!

I don't think Penny had an autographics! That would've been nice!

Also, Shaq had moved on to L.A. by then - an autographics in Orlando uni would be cool!

Payton, Kemp in Sonics uniform, and Shaq in Magic uniform would be awesome! No doubt about it, more so if they are in the 1996-97 set.

xavierty: Tim Duncan is in the 1998-99 set. Kevin Love wasn't in the NBA yet when these sets were released.

bradlieus: Penny was under exclusivity contract with Upper Deck when these sets were released.

Back
Top Bottom