I hate Registered Post mails....

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Who loves it besides for it's safety reasons?

I personally dislike it... simply because I've got 3 slips for pick-ups in the PO. Working 7 days a week plus nobody at home during the afternoon because everyone is working or at school doesn't help. I've just noticed the fine italic print that if I don't pick it up within 5 days, the item will be shipped back to the sender. :D

Every time this happens, I have to arrange to come late to work in the morning , just so I can pick up the parcels. Luckily, I work at a family business. I'll be running out of excuses if I was working for others.

Does anyone have a solution for this situation?

Nope....find a post office that opens on weekend maybe...i know of a couple that do here in Rocky.

Yeah if you are no where near a PO it sucks but I like it. I live one block from mine though and its open weekends :) Don't supose that makes you feel any better? LOL Sorry mate

I had to sign for one today. All it means is that is a high end mailday when I do :) I get the red slip and can't wait to get to the PO.

Yeah, I got the same problem. My postie can only leave small items in my box, so I often get a card for non-registered items as well. My local Post office is only open Mon-Fri 9-5, so I rarely get a chance to go.

If you are nice to them, you can ask if they can move it to a local Post office which is open on the weekends, as there are some that are open on Sat and Sun.

If not, then bad luck...:(

Ersk

Thanks for all of your replies.

The thing is, my PO is quite local and they're open on Saturday as well. But still, I work Saturdays and Sundays, so I won't get a chance to pick my package(s) up anyway.

It's very hard to rely on someone else ie. other family members, sometimes... because they have other commitments and often have plans for the weekends.

What ticks me off was this... I had received a Registered Mail slip from the U.S. I don't usually opt for Registered Mail for my shipping method. I normally just use Global Priority. Anyway, so I came 25 minutes late to work that day, just to pick up that parcel. No dramas....

The next day..... arrives 2 more Registered Mails slips.... It's just that, they (The PO staff) had a confirmation of my signature the day before because I showed them my license etc and 24 hours later, they need another confirmation. My goodness. I think they should know that I live there and just leave my mails on my box.

Hendra,

I know it's anal, even if you know the post office and they know you, but they have regulations that they need to follow.

But yeah, I always hate going to pick up a package, and then later that day receive more slips to pick up more.

If the PO is locally, can you go during a break? How long do you get for lunch?

Also, you SHOULD be able to contact the PO and let them know that you cant get there for X days.

And what kinda job makes you work 7 days, with no days off??? Even if it is a family business.
Normally, there are reasonable people around these days, that would allow you to take time off to go pick them up? Normally....

Get a redirect to the PO near your work for carded items. It will only take a day to get there. Thats what i used to do when I lived in the burbs and couldn't make the PO hours to pick stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom