Hypothetical - Which team?

matm

Let's go Yankees
Real Name
Mathew
I was wondering and thought I might test this forum to hear other opinions.

If you had a choice of the teams you follow, who would you want to win their respective championship more.

For example I follow the Collingwood Magpies and the New York Yankees.

I would love to see the Yanks win a World Series but would kill for the Pies to win the flag.

What are others thoughts.
Just for fun.

My main teams are obviously the Mavs, Parramatta Eels and Middlesbrough. Parra have had some championship glory at least, but some of the finals footy in the past few years has been killer to watch as I probably get heated up the most when watching them.

Having said that, the Mavs came so close 2 seasons ago and it would be hard to split the two. Middlesbrough are hard to follow as you have to wait until the wee hours of morning to watch them and I just hope they don't get relegated this year!

Final choice, by a hair... the Mavs I'd have to say, but only just.

The only 2 teams i really follow are the Lakers and Collingwood. Hands down i would pick the Pies as its been 18 years with winning the big 1, 2 close calls but no cigar. Also the Lakers have had some success but will be a while away yet. So go Pies.

Its a no brainer, "The Mighty Melbourne Demons."
The teams i follow closely and am a proud supporter of are the Celtics, Red Soxs, Demons and Brissy Bullets.
Red Soxs - 04 and 07 Champs
Celtics - 16 Championships and i know its been a while since our last but we still are one of the most successful franchises in sport and we have a good chance to win another ring this year.
Bullets - 07 Champs, 3 Championships all up so preety steady numbers for a team that has been around for 28 years. We could of had more titles but it just made last years 20 year drought that much sweeter.
Demons - Well we havent won a flag since 64, the catters last premiership was 63 and they dominated last year when at the start of the year they werent backed by many. The Melbourne Demons are by far my favourite sporting team and i just hope i can witness at least one Premiership in my lifetime. :D

i go for heaps of teams but the main 2 would be the Orlando Magic (NBA) and Carlton Blues (AFL). its a tough choice, id probably go for the blues to get some glory first, only because i grew up with footy in my life before bball.

i wouldnt mind the sharks winning the stanley cup though either.

Im a San Antonio Spurs and Geelong Cats fan, so this year I haven't had to choose :woot:

I was much, much more happy about the Cats finally getting a flag this year than any of the NBA titles the Spurs have won; mainly because say what you will about the Spurs inability to get to the Finals before Duncan got there, but they didnt lose 4 Grand Finals in 7 years!

You couldn't have picked two more feral, bandwagon teams if you tried :p

My family has been on the Collingwood bandwagon for 100 years. So not a not a bandwagon jumper but 5 generations of passion for the magic stripes of black and white.

As for the Yankees, I follow them due to one of the best baseballers I have seen - Derek Jeter.

I like being part of the two big evil empires.

The Demons for sure. With FA and way the draft works in the NBA its a lot easier to rebuild or change a teams forturnes.

That and with the AFL intentionally screwing over teams and the race for the almighty dollar and fickle fans its a lot harder to change a teams fortune.

The Celts are the NBA's all time best team and the Dee's haven't won it in almost a generation. I've sat thru a lot of footy and put up with a lot of crap. Its a no brainer for me

Doesn't matter what i say as not putting the Celts down is hardly going to stop them stampeding to the title this year and next anyway! hehe

First of all
The frigging All Blacks to win the frigging world frigging cup:cry::cry:
Next the mighty Atlanta hawks to win the nba championship
and of course Manchester United to do the treble again.
Now that would be the dream year:D
Also if we can fit in the breakers winning the NBL and our cricket team winning a test (just one, I wouldnt dream about asking for a series win) against australia that would be a good year.:thumbsup:

Its a no brainer, "The Mighty Melbourne Demons."
The teams i follow closely and am a proud supporter of are the Celtics, Red Soxs, Demons and Brissy Bullets.
Red Soxs - 04 and 07 Champs
Celtics - 16 Championships and i know its been a while since our last but we still are one of the most successful franchises in sport and we have a good chance to win another ring this year.
Bullets - 07 Champs, 3 Championships all up so preety steady numbers for a team that has been around for 28 years. We could of had more titles but it just made last years 20 year drought that much sweeter.
Demons - Well we havent won a flag since 64, the catters last premiership was 63 and they dominated last year when at the start of the year they werent backed by many. The Melbourne Demons are by far my favourite sporting team and i just hope i can witness at least one Premiership in my lifetime. :D

I 2nd that, Melbourne by far. Would be nice to see the 76ers get up there, but eh.

Well i follow The Crows, 36ers, and Phoenix Suns, and West Ham in the EPL.

The crows and 36ers have had some great times, especially the glory years of the late 90s, when we won numerous championships/premierships.

Phoenix and the hammers have been dry as a bone when it comes to success, but im a much bigger phoenix fan than a hammers supporter, so i would give my left testicle to see the Suns players get their ring. Phoenix as an organisation has come close to glory on many occasions (late 70s, early 90s, the past 3 or 4 seasons) but have choked on all attempts.

Well I follow Brisbane Broncos, Everton, Red Sox & the Bulls..... but despite the fact that most ppl have chosen the team that hasnt won for ages as their option...i actually would like to see the Broncos win again... & win every year....

dont know why, but if everton won the EPL... my dislike for Liverpool would not be as strong... just like Red Sox over the Yankees.....

Broncos.... That's my team... :)

Back
Top Bottom