HUGE Mailday For My Collection. FAVORITE Card ! Grant Hill Tags ! ... And J-Rich !

Re: HUGE Mailday For My Collection. FAVORITE Card ! Grant Hill Tags ! ... And J-Rich

gotta love the percistance rob, thats what the hobby's all about, the longer you hang in the more it pays off, Great pickups

Re: HUGE Mailday For My Collection. FAVORITE Card ! Grant Hill Tags ! ... And J-Rich

noice...love that dual tag, awesome pieces on that! and the 1/2 timeless is breathtaking!!!!

Nice cards man. But I think the video was my favorite. Forget how crazy Grant was before all the injuries.

Can see why you're so happy to add the last Hill to your collection mate, simply sensational! :worthy:

- - It's INSANE how Orlando BOO'S Grant when he comes back to the Orlando court for a game ... What was he supposed to do ? Play while he was hurt / on crutches ? If he was healthy, he would of obviously played ... Even Magic Johnson said on ESPN once, "FANS, Stop boo'ing Grant ! He would of played for you guys If he wasn't hurt !" ... So forget those Magic fans, I hope a HEALTHY Dwight Howard leaves them and screws them over ! .... That's what they get for boo'ing Grant ! ... But anyways. :D ... Thanks for the words man, I still wanted a part of Hill's history with that Magic team. When he DID play, he still did well. :thumbsup:

It's not so much that he didn't play when he had the big contract, it's because he elected to sign and play with Phoenix after his big contract had expired. The fans in Orlando felt that he owed the team a few more years and shouldn't have signed elsewhere given that they shelled out a fortune and didn't get many games back in return... Since he didn't stick around after free agency the fans in Orlando basically feel like he took the money and ran when if he felt obligated he could have resigned or at least resigned and be traded! I just put it down to bad luck - guy gets injured - too bad - waste a high draft on Adam Morrison - stiff cheddar! lol

Nice cards man. But I think the video was my favorite. Forget how crazy Grant was before all the injuries.

- - He was really somethin' else ! Dunking all over EVERYBODY ! 28 triple doubles In his first 4 seasons ! ... Michael Jordan only has 28 for his entire career ... Grant has 29 total. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 16-11-2011 at 06:51 AM ----------

Can see why you're so happy to add the last Hill to your collection mate, simply sensational! :worthy:

- - Thanks man ! Yeah I'm extremely happy with bringing them Into my small collection. Went to my local-ish card shop and bought a bunch of nice magnetic cases for them. Sealed 'em up real nice and locked them up. :lol: Since I found and won those cards ... I have no idea what I'll be chasing next ! ... Starting a new job tomorrow though ... so I'm on the hunt son ! (after I have to spend however much on christmas gifts that Is ...) :lol:

---------- Post added 16-11-2011 at 06:55 AM ----------

It's not so much that he didn't play when he had the big contract, it's because he elected to sign and play with Phoenix after his big contract had expired. The fans in Orlando felt that he owed the team a few more years and shouldn't have signed elsewhere given that they shelled out a fortune and didn't get many games back in return... Since he didn't stick around after free agency the fans in Orlando basically feel like he took the money and ran when if he felt obligated he could have resigned or at least resigned and be traded! I just put it down to bad luck - guy gets injured - too bad - waste a high draft on Adam Morrison - stiff cheddar! lol

- - I totally agree with you on all of that ... It's just bad luck, Grant also said that Detroit AND Orlando did not treat his ankle Injury correctly ... He says Phoenix really helped him come back to full health ... SO, If he DID stick around In Orlando, maybe he wouldn't of came back like he did ... and I also have just loved these recent Phoenix Suns teams that he's been a part of ... It's been so great to watch ... And yeah Adam Morrison sucks ! :lol:

---------- Post added 16-11-2011 at 06:58 AM ----------

gotta love the percistance rob, thats what the hobby's all about, the longer you hang in the more it pays off, Great pickups

- - The long wait and chase really did make It all worth It and even more special to bring Into my collection ! ... But also, waiting this long really did suck :lol: ... but you're right, It paid off ! :v:

wow mate epic haul right there!! 29 cards may not sound like much but you got some quality in there mate! is the last tag 1/1?

wow mate epic haul right there!! 29 cards may not sound like much but you got some quality in there mate! is the last tag 1/1?

- - I wish It was ... But It's #1/2 ... I have yet to see the other one ... I assume It's like the one that I have ... That's how It was with the 2 Kobe's anyway. And the Hill Silver ones are out of 4 ... TWO are size tags ... I own one & the HillCollector sold his (It had an ugly crease In the middle) ... As for quality, you must be talking about my Michelle Beadle autograph :lol: ... Thanks for the words though man ! :v:

Back
Top Bottom