HUGE Mailday For My Collection. FAVORITE Card ! Grant Hill Tags ! ... And J-Rich !

SpriteAllNight33

Collecting Sports History
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
SpriteAllNight33
* * Hands down ... This has to be the most prized / treasured mailday that I have ever had for my collection. Happy to share It with you guys.

* * With recently selling off 8 cards that I could survive without, It now feels great to FINALLY bring these cards Into my small collection. (29 total cards, 20 are worth money). I have been chasing this Grant Hill / Jason Richardson card for almost 2 years ... I watched It sell and pass me by when I was short on cash at the time ... and was forever pissed at myself for that. And a little over a year ago It was pretty much the same situation for the Grant Hill Phoenix Suns logo tag ... I put down my high bid ... but of course, It sold for $300 more than what I had put down anyway. SO, I had always been trying to hunt down those two cards ... FINALLY after searching for so long, I found out that the big HillCollector guy had them. I got In contact with him, but that didn't amount to anything. It was a true bummer ... but I moved on with my collection. Then suprisingly, a few months ago ... the HillCollector guy said that he was going to sell off his entire collection ... Could I get ANY more lucky with that happening ??? ... SO, I had to wait for what seemed to be an eternity while he listed ALL of the cards In order from rookie year to present time (The ones that I wanted were part of his last haul of auctions) ... Knowing they would EVENTUALLY be listed made the waiting pretty terrible ... but hey at least I'd get a second shot at the two specific cards that I had been hunting down since I had previously missed out on them.

* * I made sure to have enough money for these 2 cards that I have wanted for so long ... And was willing to spend way too much to get them. The auctions finally came, and I was just hoping that my laptop wouldn't screw up ! I got so lucky though. The Hill/J-Rich sold for $30 less than It did the first time. The Hill phoenix suns logo tag sold for $200 less than It did the first time. That's why I was able to get the Suns Quad Tag ... which I really only got for the Nash & Hill tags on It. So without going on and on like I can easily do ! ... Here are 3 cards that I will never let leave my collection ... At least for many many years to come.

- - 2009/10 ... # 7 out of 10 ... Phoenix Suns Tag Team Quads ... I have seen 6 out of the 10 of these sell ... The Nash / Hill tags on this one are the best I have seen with those two on the same card ... And I'm pretty sure this has been the only card set with Nash & Hill tags together (out of the 10 made). It's my 3rd Nash Phoenix Suns logo tag and the Hill Tag says "ORLAN" ... would of been alot better If It was the entire ORLANDO tag ... But I still really like It and coudn't let It pass me by as the extra / bonus card from the auctions.

1812009-107outof10.jpg

- - 2009/10 ... # 7 out of 10 ... Tag Team Duals ... I don't think I have ever chased / hunted down a card longer than this one. I loved that Phoenix Suns team with Shaq, Nash, Amare, Grant & J-Rich ... I watched basically every game I could of that team. It's the ONLY Grant Hill Orlando Magic logo tag that I have ever seen. I would of paid a ton of money for that alone, so with J-Rich logoman tag on It ... Just a really cool bonus for me with being a big J-Rich fan ! Usually when a rare card sells, that was your shot and you probably won't see It again ... I know that I got extremely lucky with getting my hands on It after almost 2 years ! ... I'm keepin this beautiful card for a long long time !

1682009-107outof10.jpg

- - 2010/11 ... # 1 out of 2 ... Phoenix Suns Logo Tag ... MY FAVORITE CARD ... This Is TRUELY what you call a beautiful thing ! ... It's exactly everything that I love about basketball cards. There's so much significance behind It ... Piston years were amazing, Orlando years Grant was hurt but kept at It, Phoenix years he came back and It's just been amazing to watch ... This Is almost or maybe just as good to me as getting a Grant Hill Pistons logo tag ... And I also got extremely lucky on this one as well. I really thought the HillCollector would keep a couple for himself ... So I thought there was a chance he wouldn't put this up. But man I just got lucky ... And I think we all know It came to the right collection. :lol: ... It's just awesome. Never been so happy to bring a card Into my collection. ... Have a date with the beautiful Michelle Beadle or own this card ? This Is probably one of the ONL Y cards I'd be like ... I'm sorry baby but you gots to go. :lol:

3052010-111outof2.jpg

- - Even with selling off 8 cards ... Right now my 29 card collection Is just on a new level for me. I'm extremely happy with the cards that I have. If I was not able to collect anything else, I'd be very okay with It ... Doesn't mean I'm stopping ! :lol: ... But I don't think my collection would be where It Is now without me joining this website a little over a year ago. My collecting ways have really evolved since then. This website and you fellow collectors have been very good to me and I appreciate that. Hope you all enjoyed my very special / awesome Mailday ! ... Peace ! :v: - Rob

... And the best Grant Hill Pistons Mix there Is ... I've watched this a good 33 times. :lol:

Re: HUGE Mailday For My Collection. FAVORITE Card ! Grant Hill Tags ! ... And J-Rich

More amazing cards mate to your collection. That Suns logo is too nice

Re: HUGE Mailday For My Collection. FAVORITE Card ! Grant Hill Tags ! ... And J-Rich

You've seen six of the Suns Quads? I think I've only ever seen 3 including your one...

While the cards are cool, the fact that they mean so much to you is actually the coolest thing.

You've seen six of the Suns Quads? I think I've only ever seen 3 including your one...

While the cards are cool, the fact that they mean so much to you is actually the coolest thing.

Thanks G ... Yeah I've seen six, including mine and yours. I hunt those suckers down. None are THAT great. Though I suppose one could surface and be really nice.
- - Thanks for the words though man, I appreciate It. :v: ... Should have new work this week and be able to go for your suns quad at some point ... you could always throw In your Jordan/Malone for a bonus. :lol:

Damn man so THIS is what you were talking about haha....... those are some sick sick cards brother!!!!!!!!! Just beautiful stuff.... big congrats on getting em man!!!! :D

Damn man so THIS is what you were talking about haha....... those are some sick sick cards brother!!!!!!!!! Just beautiful stuff.... big congrats on getting em man!!!! :D

- - Thanks man. So you can see why I couldn't pitch In at the time ! :lol:

DAMN Rob.......... that is one sweet mailday. Congrats!

man how many times did ewing get owned in that clip

Great pick ups there buddy. I would have to say the 'bonus' quad tag is probably my favourite of the bunch. 4 future HOF tags on one card is unbeatable.

man how many times did ewing get owned in that clip

- - Yeah I noticed that too. :lol:

---------- Post added 14-11-2011 at 02:48 PM ----------

Great pick ups there buddy. I would have to say the 'bonus' quad tag is probably my favourite of the bunch. 4 future HOF tags on one card is unbeatable.

- - True (Idk If Amare Is HOF bound at this point, but was a HUGE part of that Suns team) ... Couldn't pass on the Nash & Hill tags on that card though ! ... Thanks man. :thumbsup:

hey man mad hills there!
guess ill never get those one's lol
that mad alley oop is on a 94/95 skymotion card must have hill card i rekon, i got one psa 10. i got another one for you if you want it.

just amazing mate.. wish my passion for the hobby was alive like yours, but a few bad experiences just ruined it for me..! but damn man.. just amazing pick ups

Epic mailday mate love the Timeless Treasures tag! But you type way to much into maildays man :p Cool story though.

Love the Magic Tag! One of the best Hill's I've seen!

Like the way your passion for cards really comes through - although I must say there wouldn't be too many fans in Orlando wanting that patch after he decided to sign with Phoenix! Wasn't the most popular guy in Florida at that point in time! Quality mailday as always dude - glad you enjoy the OCT community as much as the rest of us!

Epic mailday mate love the Timeless Treasures tag! But you type way to much into maildays man :p Cool story though.

Nah there's always an awesome story behind his pickups, I for one love reading these epic posts. They are few and far between and when they arrive they are always great to read.

Beautiful mailday, love the TT tag, centering on the patch is great and the Dual Tag is a fav too.

just amazing mate.. wish my passion for the hobby was alive like yours, but a few bad experiences just ruined it for me..! but damn man.. just amazing pick ups

- - Thanks man. You and Kenny helped me get my 1st G Money tag ! ... We've ALL had bad experiences during transactions ... Can't let that stop you ! You just need a Sprite and you'll get It right ! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 15-11-2011 at 08:22 AM ----------

-- Yeah I talk and type alot ! ... Especially about basketball / my basketball cards :lol: ... I gotta tell the backround story though brother ! I'm not spending tons of money for no reason ! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 15-11-2011 at 08:22 AM ----------

Love the Magic Tag! One of the best Hill's I've seen!

- - That's what I'm sayin too ! Thanks man :v:

---------- Post added 15-11-2011 at 08:28 AM ----------

Like the way your passion for cards really comes through - although I must say there wouldn't be too many fans in Orlando wanting that patch after he decided to sign with Phoenix! Wasn't the most popular guy in Florida at that point in time! Quality mailday as always dude - glad you enjoy the OCT community as much as the rest of us!

- - It's INSANE how Orlando BOO'S Grant when he comes back to the Orlando court for a game ... What was he supposed to do ? Play while he was hurt / on crutches ? If he was healthy, he would of obviously played ... Even Magic Johnson said on ESPN once, "FANS, Stop boo'ing Grant ! He would of played for you guys If he wasn't hurt !" ... So forget those Magic fans, I hope a HEALTHY Dwight Howard leaves them and screws them over ! .... That's what they get for boo'ing Grant ! ... But anyways. :D ... Thanks for the words man, I still wanted a part of Hill's history with that Magic team. When he DID play, he still did well. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 15-11-2011 at 08:34 AM ----------

Nah there's always an awesome story behind his pickups, I for one love reading these epic posts. They are few and far between and when they arrive they are always great to read.

Beautiful mailday, love the TT tag, centering on the patch is great and the Dual Tag is a fav too.

- - I appreciate that man. :thumbsup: ... Glad someone likes all my typing ! :lol: ... Not really chasing anything at the moment, so It could be a little bit till a mailday ... Always fun to post them on here though ... probably won't stop with all the typing either ! Gotta have a reason to buying a card ! I don't spend my money just for the hell of It ! ... Thanks for the words man. :v:

This is a really good story, mate good things come to those who wait.

Back
Top Bottom