How To Support OzCardTrader By Using eBay

Sorry about that. I did an upgrade yesterday. I'll get them fixed. In the mean time if you go to the front page and there's some links on the right hand side (scroll down)

WOW, just saw this thread// Feel so bad you guys could have nearly bought a new server with commissions from my feebay purchases this year.. I'll right my wrongs from now on and line up purchases and then go through the links from here to purchase..

Juts a question, after accessing feebay from OCT, do you make the commission as soon as you win a BIN or auction? or you have to complete the sale with payment?

what if you access feebay from OCT, make a bid (which ends up winning) but you aren't online when the item is won? You still get commission?

WOW, just saw this thread// Feel so bad you guys could have nearly bought a new server with commissions from my feebay purchases this year.. I'll right my wrongs from now on and line up purchases and then go through the links from here to purchase..

Juts a question, after accessing feebay from OCT, do you make the commission as soon as you win a BIN or auction? or you have to complete the sale with payment?

what if you access feebay from OCT, make a bid (which ends up winning) but you aren't online when the item is won? You still get commission?

Once you click through to ebay and win an auctin either by bidding or BIN, the system recognises that you came through OZCT and gives us a small commission. You do not have to be online.

The system goes on auctions won, but if you do not complete the transaction ebay will reverse the transaction. We do not see anything for about 2 months after the auctions end.

Just found out that ebay have changed this program.

In the past, once you clicked on a link, you could visit any time within 7 days and make bids and it would count. Now, the click through only last 24 hours.

So in order to benefit OZCT, you need to click through the links on the site every time. I understand this is painful, but I really appreciate the support from everyone!

Graham

I continually forget about using the click-through for ebay from ozct.

Is there some way I can set up ebay as a favorite which would have the click-through triggered in the address automatically?

Hi all

Some exciting news in the OZCT world I thought I would share with everyone.

I've discovered a way to create some income for this site. This will allow us to continue offering this great site without grovelling for donations as we have had to resort to lately :)

We've signed up in the eBay Partner Program.

I've had it operational for the past month as a trial, and while it isn't making enough to retire to the bahamas, it's looking like it will make enough to cover the costs of the server and bandwidth and all associated running costs of the site. Because of this, we've now disabled the donation bar on the website. A huge thank you to those who have donated to us in the past!

HOW DOES IT WORK ?

Without going into the nitty gritty, every time you click on a link going to eBay on Ozcards and make a purchase of a card or any other item, we get a small commission back from eBay.

WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ?

Continue as you are doing - click on eBay auctions throughout the site and make purchases. I've also put up some links to eBay on the top menu bar and on the front page of the site which you can use every time you want to make a purchase on eBay - by clicking on this link on the front page or in the menu bar you will ensure we get a small commission from your purchase. **PLEASE NOTE - IF YOU USE ADBLOCK IN YOUR BROWSER YOU MUST DISABLE THIS ON OZCARDTRADER IN ORDER FOR THE LINKS TO WORK.** If you have it enabled, it blocks the script which tracks the clicks to eBay, and the site will receive nothing from your purchases.

CAN I CLICK THE EBAY LINKS 1 MILLION TIMES ?

You can, but it won't help. The eBay program is all about quality of clicks rather than quantity. A person clicking through to eBay from OzCards and making a purchase of a card will earn us some commission, but someone clicking the link 1 million times will do nothing.

WHAT DOES IT COST THE USERS OF OZCARDS ?

Nothing. Apart from the cost of the cards on eBay which you are already buying. And some time to click on the links throughout the site. That's it.

DOES THE FACT YOU ARE GETTING A COMMISSION MEAN THE SELLER WILL MISS OUT ?

Nope not at all. The seller will still receive the exact same money from a sale as they currently do. The commission we get comes direct from eBay. Yes it probably comes out of the fees that are paid to eBay from the sale of an item, but these fees won't change because we get a commission - it just means eBays take is going to be smaller :)

HOW MUCH DOES OZCARDS MAKE OUT OF THIS ?

Not a huge amount. In the first trial month we made around $200. So it's not a huge amount, but it will cover the costs of the server and associated costs of running the site (software for the site, domain names etc etc) Hence we no longer need to request donations to fund the site :)

CAN I OPT OUT ?

Nope - there is no way of selectively changing the links. All ebay links on OzCardTrader are included in the Partner Program.

CAN YOU PROVIDE MORE INFO ABOUT THIS?

Sure - ask away by posting your questions below. I will answer what I can.
great innititive.

Back
Top Bottom