Horry like Pippen?

mickimouse24 said:
who do you think is today's (active) best all around player?

Hmmmm...... I guess stats are saying Bron....but I dunno....
KG not sure, he's great and all.....

What about Bonzi Wells? Seriously, this guy can score, assist, steal, and rebound. Just a pitty his % is inconsistent....

What about T-Mac? He's known for scoring, sure, but can do it all too!

But in a few years (if not next) I'd put money on Josh Howard being one of the better all-round players in the League.

who do you think is today's (active) best all around player?

Thats a tough call...so I can't pick anyone although Melo's size gives him great potential to be it! Definately don't think he's up there at the moment, but maybe in time he will realise what he is capable of. I just remeber a rookie vs sophomores game where he had a great game and it was because he had a bigger superstar on his team (bron) and he was having fun.

There are some really good all-round players at the moment.

Garnett, Duncan, Marion, Kirilenko (he'd be better if FG% increased), LBJ, Wade, Carmelo, T-Mac, Dirk.

You get the picture. Most of these are classy guys, who you want leading your team.

you have to admit there is some simalarity in parts, of course pip is way better....but they do have that all around approach...you make it sound more like comparing wilt to luc longley....and im talking about when horry was in his prime..not a 35 year old just standing there shooting threes all the time.

Even in his prime, he was 12pts, 8 rebs. Horry was only ever decent, whereas Pippen had game. Horry has only gotten noticed since he started making clutch play-off 3's for the Lakers.

well....sounds like you never watched the 94 or 95 nba finals...(which was before the laker 3 peat)...horry came up big then 2...and sure numbers speak for themselves with points and that...but i agree with you about pip though..

with this comment you made though "Horry has only gotten noticed since he started making clutch play-off 3's for the Lakers".......so your saying you never saw him with the rockets?...horry has been hittin "clutch play-off 3's" before he was with the lakers ...if you havent noticed him with the rockets....thats pretty sad lol..or have you only seen him play with the lakers/spurs?

I think this thread is getting pretty redundant. Its ridiculous to compare two players with such different careers. To be quite frank Pippen shat all over Horry. Horry just happened to be on the right team at the right time throughout his career. If he had been stuck in a shithole like minnesota or charlotte his whole career, he wouldnt have half the acclaim some ppl put on him. He's made some clutch threes in playoff games. thats his only real accomplishment. look at his career stats...7pts, 5rbs, 2ast, 1 stl, 0.9bl...very average.

case closed!

Yeah, I watched the 94 & 95 Finals series. He was a solid player in both those series, but wasn't a go to guy, as Pippen.

Yeah, especially remember the 95 series against Orlando, where Sam Cassell went from the defensive foul-line to the basket with only 2-3 dribbles. Was the biggest travel in the world. Took at least 4 steps before he dribbled, and then finished with about another 4 step lay-up.

Poor Nick Anderson. Was a decent player until that series. Absolutely choked that series and never got his game back.

pippen for sure.. hands down.. stayed with the one team most of his career, won 6 championships, his jersey retired by the greatest club of the 90's, chosen as one of the greatest 50 players of ALL TIME, an allstar approx 9 times (how many did horry play in?.. that's right.. none) won an allstar MVP, lead the bulls to 50+ wins in 1994 when there was no michael jordan.. he shut down magic johnson in 1991, played against clyde drexler in 1992, helped against barkley in 1993, beat the reign man in 1996, and beat a team that had two 50 greatest players in it (stockton/malone)... who has horry beaten? patrick ewing 1994, a struggling orlando team 1995, reggie miller in 2000, iverson 2001 (a team that over acheived) new jersey in 2002 (when the east was weak) and the pistons thanks to tim duncan, manu and co. he played in a 3 peat team with kobe/shaq.. hasn't done much more than hit big shots come playoff time.. yes i love the man, but you cannot do a bill walton and say horrys a pippen.. because he is not!

Back
Top Bottom