Hey, I'm New to this.. help me out

CHE

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Cheyne
Hey,
I'm from Newcastle, Australia. 25 years old male.

I used to collect pretty hardcore around the chris webber and grant hill rookie years. As a result I have plenty of webber, hardaway, hill, kidd, etc rookie cards and inserts. Also have a collection of shaq and jordan cards. Most of which are in excellent condition.

I bought a beckett the other day to value my cards but was a little confused so I need someone to help me out here....

The beckett only had the prices of the rookie cards listed for the years I was interested in (94-95 and 95-96). There was also a new section at the back for graded cards which went into a little more detail for those years.... What I would like to know is what is the deal with grading? Do you send your cards away to someone and they return with a score in some sort of plastic display with the grade displayed on it? I would like to get my cards graded as they are in excellent condition, can somebody explain steps, prices, can this be done in Australia, etc?

Cheers,
Che

shaq.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:. In answer to your question Yes you send the cards away for grading and they put them in a plastic holder with a grade. There are a few grading companies so it will depend on who you chose as to how the cards are to be sent away (there are a few threads on this topic and we have a few experienced members here who can help you out). I was also a mid 90's collector and might be able to help you out in completing sets and vice versa.

hey, i used to live in newcastle back in the day, during the card craze of the early 90's.
i might have met u on one occassion as i used to frequent the shows up there. anyway, post up a wantlist and ill see if i can help u out

Welcome to the site !

Regarding grading, do a search on grading, PSA or BGS on the site and you will read tons of info regarding grading, the processes and costs involved. For most grading companies it isnt really economical to do one or two cards (due to the return postage costs involved) but occasionally I organise a group PSA submission where a couple of guys have gone in and sent cards off. Keep an eye on the forums for when that happens.

And your Shaq card - nice card! I've got one just like it ;)

scan0020 (Medium).jpg

Welcome to the site !

Regarding grading, do a search on grading, PSA or BGS on the site and you will read tons of info regarding grading, the processes and costs involved. For most grading companies it isnt really economical to do one or two cards (due to the return postage costs involved) but occasionally I organise a group PSA submission where a couple of guys have gone in and sent cards off. Keep an eye on the forums for when that happens.

And your Shaq card - nice card! I've got one just like it ;)

What a show-off :v:

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your time here... :thumbsup:

welcome to the site..

mid 90s cards are now usually history.. like I paid penny finest RC US$25 and it was booked like 50 bucks, i thought i was a lucky fella LOL...

anyway, there are some great cards from 90s.. like beamteam and etc..

if u have any question, just post it in relevant forum, there are many nice and helpful members who are always there to help you out

have a good time here

I spent 2 weeks in raymond terrace a few yrs ago (like 5) sooo easy to pick up chicks there too :) Don't expect to get rich off those early 90's cards tho!

Back
Top Bottom