Hey Hey!! I'm back......

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Greetings family,

Damn, I missed you guys and this place (community). Over the past 2 months, I've had to upgrade my computer, which meant that I wasn't with any internet/computer access whilst at home. I was only able to get online during work but even then, the firewall at work had blocked this site and Beckett.com completely. But anyway, this is my busiest season with work, so I didn't have much time to surf the net anyway, besides on the few occasions when I was still quite active on the 'Bay.

So what's been going on guys? Mine is, same ol', same ol'.... except with a kick-ass computer now. ;) I can now use Flight Simulator with extreme graphics and no hassles. :p

Anyway, I thought I'd show you guys of some of the new additions to my ever growing Allen Iverson collection.

00-01 UD SP Game Floor Edition - Game Played Floor & Game Used Jersey Gold #14/25 - I love this card's design. Very unique. I've always wanted one when I first got back into this hobby and after a year and a half, I've finally found it.

00-01_UpperDeck-SPGameFloor_Authent.jpg

02-03 Fleer Flair - Sweet Swatch Jumbo Edition - Game Worn Patch #5/33 - WoW! This card is HUGE! I never thought it was going to be this, over-sized but yes, it is BIG! Sweet patch too, eh? ;)

02-03_Fleer-Flair_SweetSwatchJumboP.jpg

03-04 Fleer eX - Essential Credentials Parallel #24/27 - One of my favourite insert/parallel set. Beautiful colours & design. Unique clear, plastic-like card.

03-04_Fleer-eX_EssentialCredentials.jpg

03-04 Upper Deck SPx - Gold Spectrum #25/25 - Have you ever seen such a beautiful gold spectrum card? Fantastic! I'm sure most can agree.

03-04_UpperDeck-SPx_GoldSpectrum_Al.jpg

04-05 Topps eTopps - Uncirculated Autograph #/30 - Just need one more for the set now. This one is probably my favourite one out of the set. Otherwise, it'll be my second favourite.... ;) I can't make up my mind....

04-05_eTopps_In-HandAutograph_Allen.jpg

04-05 UD Ultimate Collection - Ultimate Triple Game Patches Extra Limited #6/10 - This is my second one from this set. I got this one for a slightly higher price, but the patches convinced me to go for it. A true beauty!

04-05_UpperDeck-UltimateCollecti-1.jpg

04-05 UD Ultimate Collection - Premium Patch #46/75 - I'm following Scotty aka MavsMan footsteps, in collecting these Premium Patches. If only I did not trade away the other 2 Iverson, this could've been my fourth. I paid over book value for this card, but hey, most A.I's Premium Patches gets sold for over book most days anyway, which again shows the inconsistency of Beckett's pricing. A top patch for my now, second for the set. A third one is incoming.

04-05_UpperDeck-UltimateCollection_.jpg

05-06 Topps First Row - Signature Swish #76/150 - Not a big fan of the design but it is an Iverson autograph that I must have for the PC. A solid addition.

05-06_Topps-FirstRow_SignatureSwish.jpg

05-06 Topps First Row - Spokesman The Answer Autographed Black Printing Plate #1/1 - My third autographed printing plates. My aim is to get one autographed solo printing plates for each set. I've got two more to go I think. It's a bummer I missed out on them earlier in the year, but hey, when they go for $250US+ a pop, I can't catch 'em all!! :(

05-06_Topps-FirstRow_ToppsSpokesman.jpg

05-06 Topps Pristine - Uncirculated Common Personal Pieces #1/7 - I'm impressed at how the scan turned out for this card. It clearly shows it's true chromy colours.

05-06_Topps-Pristine_CommonPersonal.jpg

05-06 UD ESPN - Short Print Gold/Platinum Parallel #25/25 - I've been on a roll with last serial numbered card. :) I like this one. A great action picture selection. An unusual one, compared to the always lay-up pose; ay, Chad?

05-06_UpperDeck-ESPN_GoldParallel_A.jpg

06-07 UD SP Game Used Edition - Authentic Fabrics Dual Patches #2/25 - A cool looking design. I was very happy to see Iverson is back on UD's Game Jersey cards, so I couldn't pass on this one. I just got to have it.

06-07_UpperDeck-SPGameUsed_Authenti.jpg

And now, for those who underestimates the powerful inserts/parallels and thinking they're ain't worth crap anymore, then I have to re-convince you. I've just picked up the two most rarest and highest priced A.I. inserts/parallels.

Firstly, for a cool $230ish US; I managed to pick-up the 97-98 SkyBox Premium - Team SkyBox Star Rubies #/50 BGS 9; can you believe it is the only 1 in the BGS population with a 9 and BGS 9 is the highest grade for this set. A few 8's are floating around somewhere, so I'm very pleased with this pick-up.

97-98_Fleer-SkyboxPremium_StarRubie.jpg

The next one is of a 97-98 Topps Finest - Rare Embossed Refractor #2/74. I got this one for around $325US, after shipping. Not bad, considering the last few went for over $600US+ a few years ago and it books for $800US, apparently. It is definitely one of my favourite A.I. card of all-time.

97-98_Topps-Finest_EmbossedRefracto.jpg

Keep in touch guys. I'll be out in a few days. I've decided to take a break from work for about a week. I'll be back just before the New Year's. Merry Christmas to you all....

Hendra

Hendra - good to see u!!!! Well hear from u anyway!! Was just about to start up a 'Where's Hendra/' thread!!!

Yr thread is murdering my dial up!!

Great cards as always though!!

Where u want AI to end up?? I have my fingers crossed for Minny but not hopeful as the Twolves have no picks to draft with Foye.... anyway good to hear from u my boy!!!

Al

wow..henkita..do you take drugs or something like that man??
this is one ofthe best player collectors mails i have ever seen . you killed it.
you are back after a short break..really back..and now you are again away, lol.
it is a pleasure to see cards like the star rubies or the gold embossed refractor.....and to get cards with all the other incredible cards together, that is just incredible
gotta say..well done mate!!;)

Hey Hendra.

Nice to see you back. Nice lot of cards there. Nice Premium Patch and I also like those 90's #'ed inserts. Always nice to see more AI Autos. Will we be seeing him in new threads soon?

How's your Finest Auto Boxtopper Auto set going?

Ersk

Welcome back Hendra! Brilliant mailday! Love all Premium patch and the autos.... great stuff!

Cheers
Matt

Nice to see you back Hendra. As usual your mail days are amazing.

What do you think of the potential Iverson trade?

Welcome back mate...i was actually going to post a thread asking where you were....but you saved me the hassle ;)

Great cards as always mate and i always love to see you base parralells and inserts!!

Thanks for the awesome replies guys!! :)

ljandkg - Good to hear from you too mate. If you get to read this, PM me your address, I've got something to send ya!

As for the A.I. saga; mate, I really hope he can team-up with your boy, K.G. I really think they most likely can gelled and excelled together. They're both are hungry for the title and IMO, they both deserve a title before they're retire. Let em' have a chance to play together. That would be awesome. I'm 50/50 on my thoughts of how A.I. will go, if he joins Denver Nuggets.

Ersk - Thanks for your compliment. It means a lot coming from you. You basically define the word awesome. :p My Finest Moments Autograph of Iverson is going very well. I only need 3 more to complete the set and I hope I can accomplish that very soon. The last two FM's have been quite fortunate. Some reputable Sports cards shop/dealer contacted me for them, which I was suprised that they know of me. :)

Thanks again guys! Cheers....

- Hendra

...i was actually going to post a thread asking where you were....but you saved me the hassle ;)

i already did that like 3-4 weeks ago!! LOL

it's great to see ya again Hendra....it's just not the same withour you!!

and sweet mailday!!

what are you thoughts on Iversons trade Hendra??

Hey hendra, welcome back dude. its been weird with the whole iverson trade saga happening and the biggest iverson fan in oz not here to discuss it with.

As for the cards, superb as ever. theres a select few guys on here whose maildays i really look forward to and am never disapointed with, and you are definitely one of them. please dont leave us hanging for such a long period ever again! :D

Great cards and WB!! Those rubies in that year is very prone to chipping That one looks great.

damn nice cards. and that auto printing plate, great buy!!!
someone here is trying to sell one for like 500 USD pointing at a shilled plate auction that ended at 700+ :rolleyes:

When are we gonna see the Finest Moment AUTO set?!!!:D

Hendra your a freak mate!!!!!!!!!

Your maildays blow me away everytime, Great to see you back and in style. They are some of the nicest patched I've ever seen

Hey man, it's great to have you back pounding the boards with us again. We missed you and your super sweet maildays. Your collection is looking amazing and it'll be cool to see some more regular stuff from you again! I love those Ultimate patches :D

WoW! A bigger afternoon crowd than the morning ones. :)

Ev - I hope my boy and yours can play ball together sometime. In all honesty, I am 50/50 as to how they'll evolve together but I hope it will be a big plus rather than a negative one. T-Wolves, Nuggets or Celts are strong possible destinations. It is up to the man, where he wants to move I guess. I'll support him where ever he goes.

Xman - Good to see you again dude! You'll see my Finest Moments set once I complete the set. I only need 3 more, so I hope I can get that over and done with very soon. I just have to locate them. How about your FM adventure? Any luck on capturing more locally? Yeah, that Pristine Autographed Printing Plate was most likely shilled to end for $700+USD. But the again, it was one of the very first Autographed Printing Plate, so who knows..... ;)

Thanks again champs!!

- Hendra

Ev - I hope my boy and yours can play ball together sometime. In all honesty, I am 50/50 as to how they'll evolve together but I hope it will be a big plus rather than a negative one. T-Wolves, Nuggets or Celts are strong possible destinations. It is up to the man, where he wants to move I guess. I'll support him where ever he goes.
- Hendra

i feel the same way hendra. you could find numerous pros and cons as to him moving to Dencer and playing with Melo, but you'll never really know until it happens....if it happens.

but this is getting off topic:p

here's to the one of the world best AI collections :drinkers: :supz:

that lot is maybe the best mailday i've seen, 2 many sweet cards 2 mention

Back
Top Bottom