Here it is.....THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Today, October 15, 2009, will go down as the happiest day of my card collecting life.

As many of you know, over the past few months I have been selling off a lot of my high-end Futera inserts - mainly signatures, which was a very hard thing to do after working so hard to put them all together. :cry: But fortunately I never had to resort to listing them on eBay, so many of you - namely Richo, Grant, Dan and Liam - were able to add them to your collections, which has been satisfying to know they have all gone to good homes. :v:

But before you start feeling too sorry for me, there has been a very good reason for this cleanout of my high-end stuff.....because the ultimate Futera cricket card - in fact the ultimate cricket card full stop - is now in-hand!!

May I present to you the 1993/94 Futera Allan Border Gold Seal signature redemption card - #42/50!! :worthy:

And to make it even sweeter, according to the Futera File, only 20 of the 50 Gold Seals have matching numbers with the signature card and the certification card - as you can see below, this is one of the 20!

Here she is!!! The white whale!!

AB 3 front.jpg

AB 3 rear.jpg

AB Redemption.jpg

AB sig 1.jpg

AB Cert front.jpg

AB Cert rear.jpg

AB sig 2.jpg

AB sig 3.jpg

A1 pick up there champ!!! :thumbsup:
My mates dad has one for me :)
So i will have to pm you for the price please.

You are definitely the envy of all cricket card collectors here, especially those who have the whole set of 1993/1994 series without this card!

That is an amazing landmark cricket card. I remember busting so many packs trying to pull one of those cards! Awesome, awesome pick up!

Cheers
Matt

mate :worthy::worthy::worthy:

now that is one to store away for the future!

where did you find this baby? ive known about it but never seen one.

Thanks Daz, I stumbled onto it a little by chance - I asked a guy who I have bought from in the past if he knew anyone who had one....and he knew someone who had 2 of them!! :blink: The fact he had 2 was the only reason he was prepared to part with this one.

Unfortunately this card simply NEVER appears in the marketplace - I have never seen one for sale in the past 15 years anywhere. All 50 were redeemed, but they are all well and truly locked away in high-end collections and never see the light of day. While I have heard plenty of stories of people knowing a mate who knows a mate who knows a mate who has got one, I have only ever seen one other one (at a card shop here in Adelaide) way back in 1995, and the guy wanted $1500 for it - which, in hindsight, was an absolute bargain. To my knowledge this card has never ever appeared on eBay for sale, so I figured there might be a lot of people on this site who have never actually seen what this card looks like.

That is an amazing landmark cricket card. I remember busting so many packs trying to pull one of those cards! Awesome, awesome pick up!

Cheers
Matt

Matt, I know the pain - I busted my fare share of packs of 93/94 cricket too and never came close to hitting the jackpot. This was the first year insert cards ever existed in Australia, so it was quite a novelty to hear about this signed Border card appearing at a ratio of 1:1600 packets! There were only 2000 boxes of 93/94 Futera Premier Edition cricket cards produced, so actually finding boxes of this release in the first place was no mean feat in itself!!

ah yes, yes, yes yes yes. The selling of your other high end stuff now suddenly becomes clear. The force is with this one.

Are u going to bury it or hang it on your wall, Brad. Looks like AB wrote the numbers on as well.

Well if all 50 were redeemed, then at least one of those people are a theif!!

I had this card stolen from australian post!! I ended up with a lousy $70 compensation!!!

Doesn't get any better Brad!:D
Outstanding! The signature is as crisp as the day it was signed and the additional hand numbering is a great touch, as is the gold seal on the redemption!

The sacrifices have been worth it!:thumbsup:

Nice Card.

Sorry to go off Topic. The Futera file book you mention, does that have info on all their releases eg NBL and Formula One. And also where do you get it from?

I was at my uncles house years ago and dad reckons he busted this card from a box! He lives in Adelaide...did you get it from Adelaide mate?

Back
Top Bottom