Help with how to package

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
I have never sent anything out through the mail so was wondering how you package a couple of items.

The first is a box of cards. How would you package it so that it still remains safe, doesn't bounce around whilst keeping postage fees down.

The second item I wanna send out is a Microsoft software package. Does anybody know how to package this one.

I send boxes out by individually bubble-wrapping them and then I put them in an Australia Post red satchel. (Within Australia only) Most boxes of cards fit in a 500gm satchel (even though they weigh more than 500gm...don't give them to the post office staff, put them in the mail-box yourself!!)...some need to go in the 3kg bags. Also 2 boxes fit nicely in a 3kg bag.
The bags are cheaper than buying a post-pak box and paying for the postage. (500gm satchel is $4.75) A post-pak box would be the safer way to send boxes, but I have never had a complaint.
Also use the Express post bags if you need a bit more insurance.

Do i have to buy stamps or does buying the box means you allready paid for the stamps.

The satchels are pre-paid. If you buy a box (about $1.70) then you still have to pay for postage. The people in the post office just print out a label with the postage price on it rather than putting stamps on it.

The satchels are pre-paid. If you buy a box (about $1.70) then you still have to pay for postage. The people in the post office just print out a label with the postage price on it rather than putting stamps on it.

Back
Top Bottom