Help with a card

clarkescards

OzCards Greatest Hero!!!!
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
clarkescards
I received a card today, which I believe is was purchased from Fleer Auctions, and been enhanced.

The cards are the 04/05 E-XL Court Authentics (i know AussieAl should be some help), #'d to 30 (GU JSY/Warm-up/Auto), but there seems to be a few issues which makes me think this is a Fleer Auctions card, not a pack released card.

Some of the problems -

- The warm-up swatch feels more like velvet than the normal warmups feel
- The Auto is a sticker (I didn't think Fleer put stickers on their 04/05 releases)
- The serial number on the back has what looks like a square "heat patch" which is noticible in person, as the normal gloss in that area has been ruined.

Thanks to anyone who has a similar card, and can confirm whether your card has some of these similar features. Especially looking to hear from AussieAl.

Thanks for any help.

easy to spot is, on the back, it should write whether it is an autograph.. plus, as far as i know, fleer auction stuff are sold without jsy/patch/auto.. for e-xl, there are alot of experts here.. hope u get an answers soon and love to see the scan if u can provide us one...

hope this helps

Nanda, I know the Auction stuff was released without the swatches, and with the 2nd swatch not looking nor feeling like a warm-up swatch, makes me think that this card was a blank card, with the swatches added in, the signature sticker added and the foil numbering added afterwards to mislead collectors that this card is the "real" release.

Yes.. exactly what i wanted to say.. LOL

it has to state whether it's an autograph, warm-up or game used card on the back.. since i consider that as enhanced card.. scan will be great for us to learn and know what kind of card it really is.. and how good the seller modified..

another thing is, fleer/flair used to add foil numbering.. didn't they?

all those things you mention sound normal to me clarkey, ive had a few EX cards in my time. The autos do come on plain white stickers. the swatches are a little messy on many as well, warm ups usually do have a velvety feel. i dont know what the heat patch is your referring to, but the card sounds legit. post a pic if you like to give us a better idea.

Sound's Right clarky.The fleer auction cards are not #ed,as far as i have seen.

I have 2 of those auto/jersey/warm-ups #/30.Send me a pic of your's.

Sounds spot on, I have several Pierce ones myself. The mark around the numbering is common. It looks like a matt/flat finish in a rectangle shape surrounding and behind the number. That's all part of the number stamp.
I have a 04/05 Flair Cuts and Glory auto that is a sticker auto too. So that is all pretty common. Nothing to worry about

Cheers for the help guys. The thing I thought most gave it away is where the serial # is, on the back of the card. The back of the card is completely glossy, except for this little box area where they stamped the serial number. This part is not glossy, and what made me think it was altered.

But looks like most of these are like this, so I have no reason not to think of the card as a legit card.

Thanks.

Thats how they are mate.You can send it my way for a better look though.LOL

Sounds legit Clarkey.

Here's mine #/30
thumb_2004-05_Skybox_E-XL_Court_Authentics_Signatures_Dual_Patch_Auto_Game_Used_CAA-DH.jpg

Scan of the back where the numbering is would help...

Back
Top Bottom