Help Please

Webbywebb

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Clay
eBay User
claywebb_02
Hello all, I hope you can spare some of your time to read this.

I usually collect AFL and NRL but I'm really keen to start a basketball card collection.

Could someone point me in the direction of which type of cards are the most valuable from the past few years.

Also, what makes a card valuable? The player or the type of card? As I see many basketball cards that are are numbered only to /25 for example but they are only worth $25 or so from what I can see. Why aren't they more valuable?

Another question I have, which series of NBA cards from the past couple of years have the most rare/valuable cards or the best value for money?

If someone could help me, that would be very appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Hi mate, a lot of guys on here will have some good advice/answers for you, here's mine,
Any box of cards can produce a valuable card, as far as price goes per box,Flawless, Immaculate, National treasures are right up there.
What makes a card valuable, the player on the card largely determines the value of it, more for better players less for lesser players.
The type of card also determines the value, if it's a players rookie card, if it has an auto on it, a patch on it,if it is a low numbered card as in 1/5, 1/10 and so on.
But also the collector determines the value of his cards, by that I mean a Steph Curry auto will be more valuable to me as I collect him than it will be to someone who doesn't collect him.
As for rare cards, every product has rare cards in it, as in short printed, case hits etc, rare inserts,
Best value for money is a bit hard to answer, everyone will have different luck opening boxes so a product that was good value for money for me might not be for the next person, although Revolution has been the best value for money for me in recent years.
Hope this helps, and most of all enjoy the hobby.
Cheers
Glenn

Hi mate, a lot of guys on here will have some good advice/answers for you, here's mine,
Any box of cards can produce a valuable card, as far as price goes per box,Flawless, Immaculate, National treasures are right up there.
What makes a card valuable, the player on the card largely determines the value of it, more for better players less for lesser players.
The type of card also determines the value, if it's a players rookie card, if it has an auto on it, a patch on it,if it is a low numbered card as in 1/5, 1/10 and so on.
But also the collector determines the value of his cards, by that I mean a Steph Curry auto will be more valuable to me as I collect him than it will be to someone who doesn't collect him.
As for rare cards, every product has rare cards in it, as in short printed, case hits etc, rare inserts,
Best value for money is a bit hard to answer, everyone will have different luck opening boxes so a product that was good value for money for me might not be for the next person, although Revolution has been the best value for money for me in recent years.
Hope this helps, and most of all enjoy the hobby.
Cheers
Glenn
Cheers Glenn, very much appreciated.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom