Hello Earthlings

The Dillman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
Howdy

I have rediscovered my passion for card collecting. I have even seen some of my original items sell on eBay that I gave away many years ago. Over the last couple of years I have met up with many of the great St George players of the 60s & 70s. Besides cards I have collected some of the old Rugby League News & other mags. I have also managed to collect some video footage from the 50s onwards. Even though most of my stuff is old, I have gained great enjoyment collecting signed NRL Centenary Cards.

It is good to know having found this forum that I am not the only one that has this addiction.

Welcome to the form. what 2008 signed centenaries do you have doubles of. i collect them as well..

Hi
I am 8 away from having 12 sets (only one with Harry Bath). Which ones are you after? I need 3 Brad Clydes, 1 Duncan Hall & 4 Tommy Rediculous.

---------- Post added 31-08-2010 at 05:48 PM ----------

Thanks for all the hellos.

Hi GiRDS
Still carefully treading in unknown waters of this forum. I certainly don't want to stand on anyone's toes not knowing the edicate here. I was unsure as to the extent I could show my stuff but it appears that it is OK to give an address. As to setting up custom signatures & pics & banners to go with my posts, I'm sure I'll learn as I go.
I have had a ball meeting up with past players & most seem genuinely humbled that someone would remember them & actually want an autograph. Some are not as nice but their privacy needs to be respected. I think there is a bit of a tendency to fear ebayers exploiting their trust. Personally, I have only purchased. Some of my precious cards I have swapped to get cards I am in no position to obtain eg Queensland players. Queensland collectors are in the same position obtaining NSW players.
*steps off soap box*
For those interested in my card collection I have set up a website at St George Dragons Football Cards 1966-1980 . It is far from finished. I recently transferred it from my free Optus account so it is still a bit haphazard in references like in its title & email address. I have to add some 1948 Stamina cards, 1963 Scanlens & maybe show my autographed Immortals & Team of the Century cards.
Certainly seems nice & friendly in here.
Cheers:D

Back
Top Bottom