No longer collecting
Real Name
Ant
eBay User
ant2435
COMC User
awoj21
Hi all

How many others have effectively been held to ransom just because someone knows you are a super collector of a player? I am sure this is most of you.

Seriously I am happy to pay a premium price for a PC Card I need and a decent premium at that.

But just recently on another site I offered someone $25 for a card worth $5 at the most. A fair premium I thought for a Clarence Weatherspoon card but the seller came back with "I know you collect him.... It's a rare card... Won't accept less than $110". $110!!!! The Kobe of the same card is on eBay for $25 lol

Yes it is rare, but I can get a Weatherspoon 1/1 for $25!

Rant over
Ant

Yeah unfortunately there's so many dirt bags around. You've offered well above what the card is worth, only a douche would bump the price 1000%.

You'll have to walk away and let them come crawling back.

Ant get someone else to buy it for you :)

I would agree with that. Just do not buy it, say no thanks as it is not worth it.

Then let someone else offer for it.

Was it on EBay or another site? Or did you know he had it and approach him for it?

Ersk

I would agree with that. Just do not buy it, say no thanks as it is not worth it.

Then let someone else offer for it.

Was it on EBay or another site? Or did you know he had it and approach him for it?

Ersk
Another site and he approached me.
He even referenced my want thread and said "I know you only need 39 more to go and this is one"... something like that.

I've told him no for sure

I was reading this thread saying 'don't buy it, don't but it!'. I just hope that the guy isn't reading this thread. Play the patience game, there are 38 others you can concentrate on in the meantime!

I was reading this thread saying 'don't buy it, don't but it!'. I just hope that the guy isn't reading this thread. Play the patience game, there are 38 others you can concentrate on in the meantime!
I posted the same thread on the site he is on, I don't care if he sees

What a total douche. $125 for a a $25, I would have ripped him. I saw someone on ebay asking for some stupid price for a Birdman, as much as I liked it I just sent him a message politely saying, "mate your not selling that card at that BIN price"

I see it as there isn't any moral obligation for him to sell to anyone at a lower price. Yes, if he was being nice and not a jerk, he could just let it go at a lower price but ultimately, he's got no moral obligation to. I've also seen people ask for a bargain with the reasoning that they are a player/set collector and then turn around and flog the card off to another collector at a higher price. It's just the stench of greed that is the human condition.

I see it as there isn't any moral obligation for him to sell to anyone at a lower price. Yes, if he was being nice and not a jerk, he could just let it go at a lower price but ultimately, he's got no moral obligation to. I've also seen people ask for a bargain with the reasoning that they are a player/set collector and then turn around and flog the card off to another collector at a higher price. It's just the stench of greed that is the human condition.

OP offered him 5 x the value of the card and the same price as what the Kobe sells for. He's not asking for a lower price. On what planet does "Spoon" get anywhere near Kobe prices? But I agree, there's no obligation for the seller to sell it. He's allowed to exercise his right to be a jerk. But this seems extra douchey. Not too many out there that want to help out our collecting brothers these days.

And I also agree with you about the guys that ask for a bargain and then turn around and sell the card. I've seen threads dedicated to being "desperate" for "card X" and then they get a few and flip them. It's very strange.

Back
Top Bottom