Held to ransom for a PC card

I see it as there isn't any moral obligation for him to sell to anyone at a lower price. Yes, if he was being nice and not a jerk, he could just let it go at a lower price but ultimately, he's got no moral obligation to. I've also seen people ask for a bargain with the reasoning that they are a player/set collector and then turn around and flog the card off to another collector at a higher price. It's just the stench of greed that is the human condition.
I agree with you he had no obligation to sell it to me at a certain price but what irritated me was he initiated the contact, I made him a rediculously fair offer after looking at what the highest value card in the set would go for (assuming this is Kobe) and he comes back with a figure over 4 times more just because he knows I collect Clarence Weatherspoon.

Good to her Ant, old mate can stew on his own mistake.

Unfortunately, there have been instances here. There aren't many times pc cards become available from members here and when they do I'm not looked after with reasonable pricing for rarer stuff...

@Awoj21 This exact thing has happened to me twice as well man. I know exactly what you are saying. Once on here and once on another forum (I assume it will be the same forum - hell from the sounds of it..probably the same guy lol) I approached the guy on this forum/through a Cherry break (who was ok but was being a bit greedy) and the other person approached me on another forum (and was an absolute a-hole) Granted both cards are 1/1's but same principal.
Especially frustrating when the players we collect mean d!ck all to pretty much anyone else but they see it as "This guy will have to pay stupid money for my card to get it from me and I will milk it" Needless to say I own neither of these cards!! Hope you find others you need to soften the annoyance of this situation. Good luck man.

Ant, good to hear that it turns out well...
I guess some people just like being a jerk with the law of supply and demand....someone badly needs a card, put the price up.

This thread made me smile:)

I know the day will come when some lowlife will do this to me over Ingles card's. At least at the moment the main reason for overpaying for me has been another keen collector bidding against me. That I can handle. At least he PC's the guy.

image.jpeg
Here is the card in question, just arrived today

Back
Top Bottom