brentus777

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
brent
eBay User
brentus777
COMC User
Brentus777
Hey guys, thought i would share a bit of knowledge from a recent Hawaii trip for anyone searching for cards / shops when travelling there.
From what i could find there are 2 main card stores in Hawaii, with one of these having 2 locations, all are easily accessible via public buses. Bit of a store breakdown below:

Paula's Sports cards - 1231 Wilder Ave # 206, Honolulu - Open Wednesday to Saturday 12-5.

Paula's is an institution, having been in the hobby for as long as i remember, nostalgic going to a store i remember reading about in Becket when i was a kid. Paula still mans the store and she is lovely. The store itself has A LOT of stock and unopened cases, there is not a lot of room to move around and they don't have or sell singles, just sealed wax and cases. NBA range is good with new prizm and contenders, as well as some old school Prizm and other brands going back to roughly 15/16. Pricing on sealed boxes is the best in Hawaii. Have a range of Baseball and Football as well, but majority of stock seems to be Pokemon.

Aloha Card Store - 2600 S King St #201A, Honolulu

The first of Alohas locations is a small space with a mix of singles, cardboard storage boxed cards for sale and a limited stock of sealed wax. Good for a very quick visit and flick through singles, with a small display cabinet of singles. Operators are friendly and up for a chat, new to the hobby and are mainly interested / deal in Pokémon as well.

Aloha Card Store - 320 Ward Ave, Honolulu

The second of Alohas locations is a much larger space with a good mix of singles, cardboard storage boxed cards for sale and sealed wax. Still mainly interested / deal in Pokémon with wall to wall display cabinets of singles, but the sports range of singles here is also much larger with plenty of cardboard storage boxes to flick through looking for singles. They also have a much larger range of higher end singles and graded cards, and the guys are happy to work with you on larger deals. Good space to sit down and take your time to browse. They also have a decent selection of sealed wax mainly focused on newer releases. The location can be tricky, but they have a good video breakdown on their Instagram of where the store is. Aloha also do some markets and have some card vending machines in different locations, check out their Instagram for more info.

Overall I would recommend Paula's if you are buying wax or cases, Aloha Ward Ave if you are chasing singles or just want to take your time to flick through some boxes in a nice big space.
That's about it, if you have any questions or want anymore info let me know.

Last edited:
Don't think we missed the humble brag my g @brentus777

"I was in Hawaii" ;
Unimpressed Uh Huh GIF

folks I visited Hawaii in Oct and visted. the Aloha card shops thought they were reasonably small Paula shop was closed Sun to Tues which were the days I was in resort before cruising Hawaii islands - our Aussie dollar was terrible while I was there - $1.60 to US 1dollar - bought boxes of NFL cards for son though and got a 4 of 5 card that made him happy - also went to Walmart which sold booster packs and loose packets and at discount prices (very cheap) so I bought many for a couple of hundred. Hawaii great place to visit but better when our dollar is good.The Aloha card shop in king street is very hard to get to even though it is only about 6 or 7 miles away from downtown Waikiki - if you use buses you have to change once to get back - taxis good but getting one going back is a pain unless you have a mobile phone - lots of uni students at this location and they were very friendly and helpful - otherwise I agree with all Brent says

Thanks for this update! The dollar is killing the hobby a bit for us Aussie's.

I'll be there in 5-6 weeks. I've been to Paula's a couple of times and will head back there. I'll also try to get over to the Aloha Card shops too.

Amazing timing for me to see this. My friend is shouting me flights to Hawaii this year and we've been delaying and putting off the planning but I hadn't even thought about cards in Hawaii. As you can understand the trip is now a priority! :lol:

Thanks for this update! The dollar is killing the hobby a bit for us Aussie's.

I'll be there in 5-6 weeks. I've been to Paula's a couple of times and will head back there. I'll also try to get over to the Aloha Card shops too.
please also check out cards at Walmart many on special

i walked to paulas from ala moana shopping centre...ended up getting lost...couldnt find it (its in a little non descript building up a flight of steps)...when i found it..it was closed!:lol: 84509835048 dollars in data roaming fees using google maps on an iphone 3GS later and all i got out of it was that hawaii changes as soon as you cross the freeway!!..i literally saw a lady trimming the grass on her driveway with hair clippers....hope your card adventures were more fruitful.

i walked to paulas from ala moana shopping centre...ended up getting lost...couldnt find it (its in a little non descript building up a flight of steps)...when i found it..it was closed!:lol: 84509835048 dollars in data roaming fees using google maps on an iphone 3GS later and all i got out of it was that hawaii changes as soon as you cross the freeway!!..i literally saw a lady trimming the grass on her driveway with hair clippers....hope your card adventures were more fruitful.
John- oh! the memories - getting from hotel to Ala Moana shopping centre - buses were cheap but you had to know what number to take - could walk but humidity was high so caught taxis expensive - now if your shopping go to exit 8 premium outlets - serious bargains to be had there Levis jeans $170+ in Oz I got for $60 and new balance shoes $200+ in OZ I got for $70Aus - also bought diesel watch son wanted - $450US got ti for $99US - I previously mentioned Walmart - booster boxes of NFL and NBL were often 1/2 price. Could not believe the price of alcohol there - 1/3rd the price we pay in Aus and they had beers that were 9% alcohol content

The one time I walked to Paula's I remember seeing an attempted murder on the freeway overpass. Someone was trying to push someone off into the traffic 5m below! After this I said I would only ever drive there or be driven there by a taxi.

After I had finished with Paula, her husband drove me back to Ala Moana. They're the nicest people you will ever meet!

John- oh! the memories - getting from hotel to Ala Moana shopping centre - buses were cheap but you had to know what number to take - could walk but humidity was high so caught taxis expensive - now if your shopping go to exit 8 premium outlets - serious bargains to be had there Levis jeans $170+ in Oz I got for $60 and new balance shoes $200+ in OZ I got for $70Aus - also bought diesel watch son wanted - $450US got ti for $99US - I previously mentioned Walmart - booster boxes of NFL and NBL were often 1/2 price. Could not believe the price of alcohol there - 1/3rd the price we pay in Aus and they had beers that were 9% alcohol content
Looks like it's time for me to have a sale so I can buy more!

Back
Top Bottom