GTA IV - thoughts & impressions (no spoilers)

There's no such thing as an R18 rating in Australia, hence the game companies have to either censor it down to what's acceptable at the next level, or not publish. There was talk the Rudd government was gonna create an R18 classification as soon as they came in, but looks like they never got round to it. They'll probably go on charging us $120 a pop for the censored version and release an uncensored version as soon as any law changes are passed :(

Guys just read this, found it interesting. Might wanna second guess buying from NZ:

"A number of people have cancelled pre-orders from local retailers, instead choosing to import the game from New Zealand and the UK. However, despite the fact they have an R18+ rating, the gaming public of New Zealand must now pay the price for Australia's outdated ratings system. It was announced on April 15 that New Zealand will only be getting the Australian-edited version of the game, and not the full un-rated version as first promised, a move that will undoubtedly raise the ire of our twin-island cousins."

The Age Blogs: Screen Play

I knew that NZ had the censored one same as Oz. It's the UK versions that won't be, that should play on our consoles.

I couldnt forsee any problems with online gaming since they're PAL.

Speaking with a sales rep from Hardly Normal today and he tried to convince me that the version we are getting is uncensored. But once I told him that Rockstar actually did it prior to releasing to Oz, he changed his opinion.

I also informed him the price we (Aussies) are being charged for the game, which is almost twice the RRP that US customers are being charged.

FORCING gamers to buy overseas, that's all it is...

I think I might go ahead and order me a copy from the UK too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Here tis:

JB Hi-Fi - Games - Grand Theft Auto 4

JBD076-gta4-landing-page_01.gif

Canada?? They PAL too??

Thanks for the info Chocko!!

p.s. you been around lately? havent seen you on here in a while...

Hey there.. yeah Canada is Pal, and they're dirt cheap. I got mine for $74 shipped.. UNCUT baby...

Also, for XBOX, they'll release downloads specifically for XBOX for newer levels, updates etc.. should be good.. But I'm telling ya CANADA is PAL, and fully compatable...

Oh I've recently moved to Melbourne, sorta knocked me around a bit in terms of being on the internet lol.. long story.. I'll be back soon enough..

P.S good to see the suns again owned by the Spurs.. poor Grant Hill though..

My tip.. Lakers to clinch it all against the C's .. BEAT LA, BEAT LA.. OLD SCHOOL, but game 7 will be kobes.. just throwin that in there :p

Favourite quote so far: I can f@$#ing snort meth inside the bar but I have to smoke outside?? lol
Cool game so far, I love the driving in the rain.

Is this the uncut version??
XBOX 360 Grand Theft Auto IV 4 Game SPECIAL EDITION GTA on eBay, also, Xbox 360, Games, Video Games (end time 03-May-08 11:32:57 BST)

Looks cheap, just trying to work out postage costs.... surely not cheap....

dont bother with postage from UK scotty, if its 13 pounds for UK postage, its gonna be at least 20-25 to Oz. so your looking all up at about 100 pounds = $210 AU. do you really want the bag and all that other crap so badly?

on ign.com they said the only differences they think they could have made are the cut scenes, cause ive been playing and u can still pick up hookers, shoot random people and now you can drink drive as well.

now i got days off work, ill be parking on the lounge and playin games.

Back
Top Bottom