Greetings

Big Africa

OzCardTrader
Hey All, my name is Shaun. I am new to the card collecting scene, but I am a huge fan of the NBA and the other US Sports. I would like to start collecting some cards because I have always wanted to, I just don't know where to buy them from. This Forum seems like the perfect place for all card collectors, and from what I've already read the people around here are friendly and helpful.

Some Information About Me:
Fav NBA Team: Chicago Bulls
Fav NBA Player: Michael Jordan (all-time), Michael Redd (current)
What I collect: Mainly Basketball cards and other Sports cards

I hope this place can help me with my Card Collecting, peace out :wink:

Welcome, many friendly people to help your collection. Happy trading and buying here!

G-Day mate,welome to the forum.Hope you find what your looking for. 8)

Welcome Shuan!

This is a great place to start collecting, everyone here has a huge range of cards from old school #-o CHAD!! to the new stuff (everyone else)

Have a good time :D

hi and welcome
well you have definately come to right place if you want to start collecting, everyone is great here and they will help you out heaps all you gotta do is ask, hope you enjoy your self here, and maybe we can do some trades in the future :D

Thanks for the Great Welcome. Well I do have a few questions to ask since I am new:
- What is the best way to start a collection?
- How do you purchase card boxes from overseas?
- Do you guys collect NFL/MLB cards aswell as NBA Basketball cards?

Thanks. The only cards I have at the moment is the full set of the 95-96 Fleer Ultra which I got from Melbourne a while ago. Here is the MJ card from the set:
jordan1ne.jpg

The best way to start a collection is to register with paypal and start buying off ebay.com. Or if you don't have a credit card then buying off ebay.com.au.

As far as boxes go its usually better to buy from established stores such as Dacardworld ant others like that to eliminate the chance of your box being searched already with the nice cards changed for lesser cards.

Take a look at the latest box buying thread. Jumping in on group purchases lowers your shipping costs.

There is a guide to eBay and paying etc on the card discussion forum sticky'd to the top of it. Check that out and then ask any questions you still have.
http://ozcardtrader.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=246
Just click the link above. :)

buy singles off ebay in america...
boxes are a waste of money for beginners (you most likely will get crap cards)..

in case you havent noticed,
cards these days are normally autographs or jersey pieces worn in nba games..
so they have come a long way

Actually, I'd say the best place to get singles from would be Taiwan/China/Japan/Singapore as they are often cheaper, and are the rarer cards. But you do need to be more careful. (Risk v Reward thing)

hey shaun,
welcome on board, buddy.
its a pitty, noone answered your last question.
but i do collect NFL cards and i have some MLB cards as well.

Back
Top Bottom