Grant Hill is headed to ....

barbosa is a gun... but i think grant hill will get starting spot.. coz Stan Van Gundy offered him more play time than last year.. there were two things Grant Hill wanted, more play time and championship caliber team..

So, hope Grant Hill made a right choice..

I think its a pretty low move, as Chad has said previously, he could have "repaid" the magic franchise for all the games he missed while sitting on that massive contract, he should have resigned with them for the Vet Minimum

If a team makes a lot of money because a player played so well and people want to see him play (lebron?) - will they pay him more than what's stated on his contract?

if the answer is no, then why is it a player must 'repay' a team when he's not performing well due to injury?

it's just not enough to see him played 1/3 of the possible game in Orlando and he just gets back to normal and now he left..

Yeah, I shared that feeling as well... but what about the medical team in detroit who cleared him to play with a broken ankle & hit him with massive does of painkiller - what was done against them?

It does seem unfortunate if you see it that way, but orlando is a young team and dwight howard could blossom to be a premier power forward / center

---------------------------------------------------------

all this talk about hill taking a massive contract ...his contract was probably insured anyway (so in actuality it's the insurance company who picked up his bad contract in dollar terms)

and if it's not, then it's a bad decision by the team (which is just another commercial company trying to make money by the way) - they bought something that was worth $90mil+ and didn't buy insurance for it?

Yeah, I shared that feeling as well... but what about the medical team in detroit who cleared him to play with a broken ankle & hit him with massive does of painkiller - what was done against them?

It does seem unfortunate if you see it that way, but orlando is a young team and dwight howard could blossom to be a premier power forward / center

As a magic fan, it is sad to see him go... not because he left when he's healthy. it's because he's turning 35 soon and he left for Suns.. Steve Kerr can persuade enough, so could D'Antoni... but every year, Suns fall apart because of spurs, mavs, lakers, or even unpredicted teams..

I think Suns have not enough luck to go through finals just like Magic.. supporting magic is one thing, winning championship is always another thing for me....

Of course, it broke my heart magic lost to rockets in 95, but Hakeem and Drexler are true champions and they were just born to win.. Kenny smith made big shots, Robert horry is known for big shot bob since that series..

For magic, the future is bright, except Darko wanted same as Billups wanted... for me, winning is a great feeling, but supporting is a true feeling where we stand.... so, i am just happy that magic acquired Lewis, but sad not be able to resign Grant Hill.... who will always be remembered as true leader and a great role model... (except a little bit annoying t-mac, vince carter, shaq and grant hill already bought best houses in FL 2b honest)... I am coool with Grant Hill decision and i respect that...

as far as i know it was Grant Hill who insisted on playing with pistons in playoffs, with cracked ankle... so, i won't blame on anyone.. Grant Hill showed his love for basketball that time and Magic happened to sign him.. but his stats may never rise in any occasions.. but I am just proud to have him in magic for several years....

Just like Shaq, who finally won championship even though not with magic, but always makes Orlando home.. and also won 4 rings with eastern and western conference..

Hill to wear retired number #33

When Grant Hill shakes owner Robert Sarver’s hand at this morning’s press conference and accepts his new Phoenix Suns jersey, which number will be on the back?

Thanks to a gracious gesture from the Oklahoma Kid, it will be Hill’s familiar No. 33.

No one has worn that number since Alvan Adams ended his 13-year career with the Suns in 1988. But Phoenix’s all-time leader in games played (988), rebounds (6,937) and steals (1,237), who is now the vice president of facility management at US Airways Center, told the Suns he was OK with putting his number back in circulation for a player of Hill’s stature and character.

“They asked me if I wouldn’t mind and I took some time to think about it,” Adams said. “The number is special to me and having it retired (in 1989) meant a lot. I wore it because of Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar). In Phoenix, Charlie Scott wore it before me so it has a special place in the franchise.

“But what are we trying to do here? We’re trying to win that first championship and make history. And Grant Hill can be a prized piece to that puzzle. He’s a great player and although I’ve never met him, everything I’ve heard is that he’s a great person as well. So I told (senior vice president of basketball operations David Griffin) that it was OK by me.”

Hill to wear retired number #33

When Grant Hill shakes owner Robert Sarver’s hand at this morning’s press conference and accepts his new Phoenix Suns jersey, which number will be on the back?

Thanks to a gracious gesture from the Oklahoma Kid, it will be Hill’s familiar No. 33.

No one has worn that number since Alvan Adams ended his 13-year career with the Suns in 1988. But Phoenix’s all-time leader in games played (988), rebounds (6,937) and steals (1,237), who is now the vice president of facility management at US Airways Center, told the Suns he was OK with putting his number back in circulation for a player of Hill’s stature and character.

“They asked me if I wouldn’t mind and I took some time to think about it,” Adams said. “The number is special to me and having it retired (in 1989) meant a lot. I wore it because of Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar). In Phoenix, Charlie Scott wore it before me so it has a special place in the franchise.

“But what are we trying to do here? We’re trying to win that first championship and make history. And Grant Hill can be a prized piece to that puzzle. He’s a great player and although I’ve never met him, everything I’ve heard is that he’s a great person as well. So I told (senior vice president of basketball operations David Griffin) that it was OK by me.”

Great to see the repect Hill gets... :thumbsup:

I think there will be more Suns supporters in this board compare to last year. I'm pretty sure there will be 2 added straight away... Am I right, Graham? :)

GO SUNS!!!

Great to see the repect Hill gets... :thumbsup:

I think there will be more Suns supporters in this board compare to last year. I'm pretty sure there will be 2 added straight away... Am I right, Graham? :)

GO SUNS!!!

I agree that's a truly great gesture.

Good luck Grant, I'd love to see you get a ring, as well as Marion and Nash too!

As predicted - wonder how long they will take to become available ?

hillsunsjersey.jpg

Looks good!!!

I was expecting a Suit more than a Jersey, he tends to wear them more..... ;)

Can't wait to see the new-look Suns. I'm sure he'll fit in, but just wondering where....

Back
Top Bottom