Graded NRL Cards!

I have a stack BGS graded. Not about adding value for me more protection and fitting in with my NBA and NFL collection
E561A782-DC77-4B50-AA93-EDFFC429758B.jpeg

It is becoming more and more popular. The cards look good slabbed, I would want to be confident of a high grading before I submitted though. It is a shame the grading doesn’t include the signature quality.

I do laugh at some of the prices though. A card that might be $25 goes through a $-5 grading process, scores a 9 and ends up $150

I’m only looking at grading my very high end PC stuff - not trying to do what Brandon just mentioned happens.

I just like to the look of them, but you are right in saying you’d better hope they score well.

I’m only looking at grading my very high end PC stuff - not trying to do what Brandon just mentioned happens.

I just like to the look of them, but you are right in saying you’d better hope they score well.
As Brendan said above, with the cost of some grading companies, its not worth it full stop.
Ive heard it can be up to 100 a pop.
Ive looked at some of the pricing of some people adding way more than the grading to the price of the cards, its business i suppose, but i just call it crap.
Personal choice i suppose.
Spend your money how ya like it.
I not going to do it, I would rather buy a few more cards im after and put them away.

You can get 21+ cards graded for less than $15 each, I think well worth doing for high end cards that you want to keep in your collection knowing they will stay in Pristine condition.

As to adding to their value, I think as grading NRL cards becomes more popular it may add some value to high end cards with good grades, pretty sure it wouldn't devalue these cards.

There seems to be a few people grading low end and base cards and trying to sell at a premium, got no idea who would buy them

Here is one I just got graded
2022 meninga 169 10 f.jpg

Don’t like it at all, in fact if I see a card I need and it’s been slabbed I would steer clear of it and wait for another to come up for sale or trade. I know you can break it out of the case - however I would be worried I would damage the card, so for me it’s a massive threat thumbs down for anything graded.

The advice I had from someone who actually grades the cards was that I’d you are not confident of a decent grading (keeping in mind centering and minor imperfections can hurt) then steer clear of the actual grading and just get the card slabbed, assuming you will never move it on.

The advice I had from someone who actually grades the cards was that I’d you are not confident of a decent grading (keeping in mind centering and minor imperfections can hurt) then steer clear of the actual grading and just get the card slabbed, assuming you will never move it on.
If you could be bothered doing it, how much for 1 card.
It may be good for really high end cards, 15 each min 21 cards, sounds expensive to me.
Then you have to store them all.
Ill leave it to those to do what they want, there cards there choice.

Back
Top Bottom