Going to test out Futeras redemption process ...

graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Will be giving them a call tomorrow morning. Wonder if they will still redeem this 11 years later :)

Pulled in pack 10 of the 96 World Cup Cricket box from ace e

I had a feeling about this card - I got all tingly before I opened the box ;)

Numbered 62/100. Wonder how many are still floating around in unopened boxes ?

Not a bad strike rate on the cricket boxes. My last box was a 2000 Topps Gold and got a Ponting auto.

scan0059 (Large).jpg

scan0060 (Large).jpg

Didn't jvalles successfully redeem a Select AFL card that was about 15 years old??
The only problem with yours Hill is that Futera don't have a base in Australia anymore...didn't they get bought out by a UK firm??

Let's work it out .. 5000 serial numbered boxes, 40 boxes per box. Makes 200000 total packs. Card is numbered to 100, so an auto redemption is 1:2000 packs or 1:50 boxes! wow!

i only get those sort of odds when it s a medical condition (only 1 in 5000 get what you have).#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Let's work it out .. 5000 serial numbered boxes, 40 boxes per box. Makes 200000 total packs. Card is numbered to 100, so an auto redemption is 1:2000 packs or 1:50 boxes! wow!

That'd be the odds of pulling a Mark Waugh one...if you consider they may have had all 12 players sign...thats 1200 autos in 20000 packs or roughly 1:17 packs.

yeah graham,jase redeemed a dougy hawkins auto if i can remember,and yes a uk firm bought future out

nice card btw

cheers

Nothing special, he is only the second best player in the family hehehe

You SMASHED the odds you tinny bastard! Everyone please just send you boxes to Mr Hill to open. Autos', Wade 1/1's. The party never ends!

:(

Hi, Graham

Thank you for your email.

This Cricket collection was produced from Australasia several years ago, with Futera having changed structure since that time, and we have not been passed any cards from previous releases.

I'm sorry we can not be of help to you in seeking a redemption card from that time, but thank you for your interest in Futera trading cards.

Kind regards,

Margaret

I'm waiting to hear from jvalles as to how he got his redeemed. Not looking good though :(

Didn't jvalles successfully redeem a Select AFL card that was about 15 years old??
The only problem with yours Hill is that Futera don't have a base in Australia anymore...didn't they get bought out by a UK firm??

Select are still operational in australia, Futera arent, could be why he had more luck??? :confused:

Graham, bad luck with the result, but its was great that you beat the odds!

I'm not suprised with the answer from Futera considering what took place in the late 90's!

Back when I used to work in a card shop, we had a guy come in who would sell off auto/rare cards from Futera to card shops, cards that had yet to be redeemed.

He sold off many boxes of cards too, like the WC Cricket for bargain prices.

I actually opened a case of NBL cards (at $10 a box) which was kinda fun.

He also had full sets for sale of the Cricket Signature series cards from 94/95 and later, Border Holograms, Rugby autos (Campese/Farr-Jones), Framed uncut sheets from most Cricket series, NBL redemptions/signature cards (Gaze /MacKinnon auto) etc....that for a really good price you could buy directly from him.

We picked up about 4 or 5 sets of the Cricket signature series cards for about $120 and some of the single autos (Boon/Taylor) would go for about $15 each.

One of the cards we bought a "few" of was the same card you just pulled....the Mark Waugh auto. They had the card (with certificate) for sale for $100 or you could buy a framed uncut version of the card for the same price.

It was one of the ways that Futera could get some money back from there "Unredeemed cards".

Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt

The properly redeemed ones that I know of had 3 cards - the redeemed redemption, the COA and the signed card. If what you are saying about the card and COA by themselves, then perhaps they might have liquidated all their remaining redemptions.

Yeah G, what everyone is saying is true unfortunately. Select still operate in Oz and just emailed them and they gave me an address to send it to, and they redeemed it promptly! Maybe everyone should just buy old Select boxes?

Maybe try searching a Futura web site, they may not have taken an Oz one down and still have some sort of contact number?

Back
Top Bottom