WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
NEW YORK -- The NBA Finals continue to draw far fewer viewers than last year.

The San Antonio Spurs' 75-72 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night received a 6.4 national rating and an 11 share on ABC, down 20 percent from the 8.0/14 for last year's Game 3 between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat.

The Game 3 drop follows a 30 percent plunge for Game 2 and a 19 percent decline for Game 1.

The rating is the percentage watching a telecast among all homes with televisions, and the share is the percentage tuned in to a broadcast among those households with televisions on at the time. A ratings point represents 1,114,000 households.

I would have thought being like last years, with Wade going home for Game 3, and this year with Bron going home for Game 3....

I guess Lebron is still 1 under Wade??

I can't fathom how people can watch games like Soccer and NFL, where tactics are basically the entire game and scores, especially in soccer, can be very low, or games like Rubgy League and Rugby Union were defense is a massive part of the game, and not be impressed with the defensive skills both Cleveland and San Antonio have shown in the finals.

I know watching LeBron, Duncan, Parker and others take contested jumpers, throwing up bad layups (thats you Anderson Varejao!) and 24 second shot clock violations doesnt make a SportsCenter highlight reel, but when a team can stop another team from shooting for 24 seconds, thats great basketball; to do a great dunk all you need to do is be athletic and creative.

I dont think it was boring... I think it was unlucky for the Cavs to miss all those shots that they normally make... Daniel Gibson got the start but really was a non-factor.

Lebron looks like he's tired...

I wouldn't compare last years run of the Heat to the Cavs. Wade was spectacular but he's got all the veterans around him like Payton, Jayson, Walker and the still unstoppable (last year) Shaq with a back-up named Zo. You know those are great players...

While Lebron got Hughes, Gooden, Gibson, Pavlovic (I'm really impressed with this guy's game) and Z with a back-up named Varewho?...

And also, this year's Spurs are just amazing... :thumbsup:

spurs = boring.. everything is in slow motion, it's like the cavs are warp years ahead of a jump shot/layup and cant block it cos by the time they've jumped or landed the balls still going up..

spurs are the most horrible team to watch, and this series sucks.. the cavs aren't much better, though i prefer this to a pistons/spurs matchup.. YUK

what this series needs is

- 3 more games at 100+ points each team
- 19 lebron showtime dunks
- the above point all on tim duncan
- a fight
- some ejections
- run and gun basketball
- ginobili to stop flying around like he's been shot when he gets a tap to the arm
- horry knocked the fark out
- damon jones sparking up off the bench
- eric snow retiring after 2 mins of play and having a half time ceremony for him
- larry hughes accepting a paycut and trade agreement right now for the rights to pick 40 in the draft
- mike brown being fired 2mins into game 4 and danny ferry taking charge

now that would bring excitment into the finals.. other than that, freakin boring

the only reason why this series isnt as watchable as last years......one name.....SHAQ...

nothing against Tim Duncan, but he isnt the most exciting player to watch...or the spurs for that matter...

Shaq and D-Wade together made people want to watch last year...

Also i think with last year.......it was a WIDE open series before it started, and this year its like the Cavs had no hope before the series even started "can they knock off the spurs?".....its just not an even matchup...

some people just dont like seeing the fundamentals

timmy d is the big fundamental.

he may not be flash. but those shots of the backboard are sweet as. the simple pick and roll. its basketball at its pureist.

The spurs to me play like a team from the 1960s

You know how all the teenagers are like "aw NBA its so cool" bla bla.......well i wonder if they would get bored watching an NBA game from the 1960s or 1970s?..i reckon they would...

the spurs play good half court basketball

This may sound stupid....but i have also heard that the 3rd game had to compete with the season finale of The Sopranos.....could have contributed

Man I just can't stand watching Bowen butchering his opponent and getting call for f**k all and then Manu diving and flying around like a f**ken soccer player and getting calls all over the place.

Those 2 are why I hate the Spurs...Parker is entertaining, Duncan not so much, his complaining has gotten worse over the past 3 seasons

Just watched the game, I can't believe that foul on Lebron's shot at the end wasn't called! Obviously, the Cavs should've hit a few more of their open threes, and this game would've been over. But how can you NOT call that??? Also, Lebron's 3rd foul was a flop by Bowen which kept Lebron out for what, half the second quarter? The officials have missed stuff on both sides, but the majority of the big decisions/non-decisions have gone against the Cavs...

I notice the commentators are still bitching about Varejao's shot near the end of the game 3, too... Tell me this, how was that shot any different from half of Ilgauskas's shots? Just as ugly, but if it was Z taking that shot, they'd be saying it was an acceptable risk... And if it went in, what would they say? Would it still be a bad play? Sure, going to Bron is almost always the best play, but I didn't think Andy's play was THAT bad...

varejaos shot was ugly and unwarranted by a man whos probably the 15th option on offense.. the bowen foul was on the floor so it didnt matter all that much, though im sure lebron would have wanted another side ball..

Would've wanted another side ball? He'd shot 7/8 from the line, but everyone thinks about his "regular season" FT%. What makes you think he would all of a sudden shoot crap? And he fouled him before and DURING the shot, yet refs called NOTHING! That's my problem...

And he fouled him before and DURING the shot, yet refs called NOTHING!

Bowen did commit a foul, and then Lebron took one extra step and shot the ball. If it was called, then it should've been 2 free throws, which means he will have to make the first, and miss the second and and cavs will have to get the rebound and put it back again, I don't think there's enough time either way.

If you are rooting for a certain team, I'm pretty sure you'll feel your team doesn't get any advantage from refereeing unless they won.

Fact is, cavs were swept 4-0, they had 4 chances to win a game. And 2 of those games weren't even close.

Back
Top Bottom