Future NRL Card Value

What do you think the value (adjusted for inflation)of ESP cards from 2013-2016 will be in 50 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Missing Hinges

Cardboard Hoarder
Real Name
Matt
What do you think the value (adjusted for inflation)of ESP cards from 2013-2016 will be in 50 years?

I don't think the higher end cards will increase in value as much as the low end stuff.
The majority of higher end cards are with collectors and will survive in good condition I expect they will keep pace with inflation.
Base cards are pretty much worthless at present, while no doubt collectors will keep their base cards in good condition the vast majority that are with kids etc will be destroyed over time. I expect they will increase in value significantly over time but mainly because they are currently worthless.

If someone had told me as a kid the scanlens I was buying for 15c a pack would be worth 100 times that in 40 years time even in average condition and up to 1000 time what I was paying for selected players in mint condition I would not have believed them.

edit
here is an example if a base card is currently worth 1c and increases in value by 10% pa in 50 years time it will be worth $1.17. I would say they would probably fetch more than that in 50 years but can anyone see a current sig worth $100 going for $11,739 or a number 1 sapphire set that you paid $1k for being worth over $100k they would need to just to match the gains of a base card.

Last edited:
What were the first higher end inserts to be released? The 94 gold sigs? It will be interesting to see where the value of these go in the future.

Think most of the people in this hobby aren't in it for the $$$ side of things

We do it as we are massive fans of our respective clubs and enjoy the satisfaction it gives knowing we have or in process of completing a nice PC of the team we support.

Can we bring on the 2017 traders already :), need to add more parra cards to my PC

On first thoughts I was going to answer I don't really care about card values then thought that would probably be hypocritical because as I have decided that I'm not buying mojos as they are overhyped and over valued at the moment I obviously do care about card prices so I decided I am in the decrease slightly category.

I think the long held notion that certain cards will always go up in value is not really holding true in today's market. Can anyone think of any excluding #1's and jersey # cards? I am only seeing prices decrease.

Cheers
Ross

at the rate the cards are going we may have to pay people to take them off our hands in 50 years time
that may be few for a few, especially of late.
I have 1 in particular that I know has increased in value HEAPS SINCE i got it.
check out the pics.

28 9 16 032.JPG

28 9 16 034.JPG

Back
Top Bottom