Baseball Frontier League: Traverse City Beach Bums vs. Rockford Riverhawks 5/28/07

sigman101

OzCardTrader
Real Name
N
I was able to make it out to Wuerfel Park again last night for another Traverse City Beach Bums home game. This time the Beach Bums played division rivals Rockford Riverhawks. This game was pretty exciting as in the early part of the game, Beach Bums player JT Thomas after gronding out to first got into alittle scuffle with Riverhawks pitcher Garrett Bauer. There were NO PUNCHES thrown or any fights but both benches did clear and so did the bullpens for about 3 minutes. I was able to talk to JT Thomas post game about that since that this game turned out to be autograph night for the Traverse City Beach Bums!!! Instead of what the encouraging norm is post game for this team, they had the players for the 2nd year in a row for one day post game sit down in tables and had all the fans line up after the game to get the autographs of all the Beach Bums players!!! I really cleaned out of items on them post game. Anyhow here are the results:

Beach Bums vs. Riverhawks 5/28/07

Riverhawks

Garrett Bauer 2 cards (Me: "Is there any chance post game you can sign these cards since your pitching tonight?" Garrett: "Naw I can sign them now since I don't understand why you have these cards of me.")
Ryan Brnardic 1 team roster page
John Brownell 1 team roster page
Dave Dowling 1 team roster page
John Gragg 1 team roster page
Reggie Harris 1 card, 1 sweet spot baseball (I know I have more cards of this guy somewhere. Hopefully I can find them by July the next time this team comes back to town.)
Justus Kimbrough 1 team roster page
Mike Marksbury 1 team roster page
Shaun McFadden 1 team roster page
Shaun Parker 4 cards (Shaun: "You still got cards of me?")
Victor Roldan 1 team roster page

Only downside was that no Bob Koopman since he did not make the trip. But I talked to the manager and he says that he should be back here by July. As for Tanner Watson, he has been not on the roster since that he is busy with getting his immigration papers together so he can live here in America and get back to playing baseball. Tanner Watson is from Canada and heads up to anyone else seeing them currently at this time that Tanner Watson is not with the team at this time because of the immigration papers.

Beach Bums

Post Game autograph special!!!
Got all of the following players on these items; Baseball, 2 programs, and a opening day roster page from the local paper:

Brett Bostelman
Craig Brookes
Tony Casoli
Ryan Gehring
Daniel Hawkins
Buddy Klovstad
Robbie McClellan
Jack Nelson
Nick Pepper
Steve Shippey
Phil Tognetti
Jeff Williams
Lance Koenig
Curtis Ledbetter
Nick Smith
Jeff Brown
Justin Holmes
Eric Lawson
Sam Orr
Brad Vericker 3 cards (Got help from a friend on those cards. As for his comments on the cards, Brad: "Kid I don't pay much attention to that stuff. I just go out and play baseball.")
LaFringe Hayes
Zack Kalter
JT Thomas (His comment from the scuffle, JT: "It was just alittle baseball talk.")
Jeffrey Vincent 1 card (Card is not mine.)
Stephen T. Young
Takeshi Yamamoto

That is all autograph wise I got from this game. An added bonus is that during batting practice pregame, I got a ball that bounced high enough to go over the big wall in the outfield and right into my glove!!! This was a very very awesome day!!! Thanks alot for looking!!!

Back
Top Bottom