Baseball Frontier League Finally!!! Traverse City Beach Bums vs. Midwest Sliders 5/21, & 5/22

sigman101

OzCardTrader
Real Name
N
Made the drive out to Wuerfel Park back on Wednesday night for opening day of the Beach Bums 2008. This Beach Bums home opener at Wuerfel will mark my 3rd straight season of being able to make it to the Beach Bums home opener. This year, opening day was terrible. What made this opening day terrible this year was that it rained throughout the whole day and evening all the way into the night and as soon as night started to fall, it got really really cold real fast. Thankfully, I was smart enough to check the weather report and wore 2 layers of clothing. It was not enough to keep me through the whole game on Wednesday though. Anyone that was at this game on opening night would of thought that it was September, or even October already in Northern Michigan. I would of not mind graphing in the cold, but the rained killed the fun of this home opener. I was going to combine my results but since I have a story of why I decided to go to both of the games since everybody is wondering if I got The Biggest Loser contestants or not, I will keep my results seperate. Now here are my results from opening night 2008 trying to stay out of the rain:

Beach Bums vs. Midwest Sliders 5/21

Beach Bums

Mike Epping 3 cards (3 are not mine...)
Patrick Perry 10 cards (1 got messed up real badly from the rain drops. Decided to erase that auto and get it signed the next night.)

Team Baseball

Nick Pepper
Bryan Rembisz
David Nathanson
Pete McEneaney
Brett Bostelman
Jared Locke
Zac Cole
Matt Dillard
Ryan Gehring
Ted Gjeldum
J.T. King
Jeff Williams
Patrick Perry
John Brummett
Jeff Brown
Damon Lessler
Kyle Maunus
Brad Miller
Matt Imwalle
Mike Epping
Mike Goetz
Brad Roblin
Jake Whitesides
Jon Cahill
John Sexton

Midwest Sliders

Team Baseball

Dale Phillips
Jeremy Dow
Kyle Keatcher
Joey Doan
James Albury
Earl Oakes
Chris Rubino
Mark Suchoweicki
Jon Dandridge
Ryan Myers
Javier Fiallo
Drew Bigda
Albert Ayala
Ryley Westman
Oscar Villamar
Lester Contreras
Robbie Hine
Jason Graham
Troy Ferguson
Bryan Vickers
Angel Colon
Anthony Albano
Jonnie Knoble
Zachary Pace
Rob Vernon
Eric Coleman
Cory Domel
Chris Barney

That is all I got on this opening night being able to dodge the raindrops to get these items signed. Thanks for looking!!!

Beach Bums vs. Midwest Sliders 5/22

Decided to go back out to the Wuerfel tonight. First off before anyone asks, I DID NOT GO TO THIS GAME FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER CONTESTANTS HA HA. I went to this game because I had a newspaper article from the local paper up here called "The Record Eagle" where they did a special sports section that has pics of all the opening day roster players on the Beach Bums that I wanted to get signed. Since the heavy rain prevented me from getting this paper signed on opening night, I decided to make another go around as the weather was dry today. If I tried to get this Record Eagle section done Wednesday night, it would be soaked and the paper would of been trash obviously.

Now back to The Biggest Loser contestants, no worries everybody, I did not get them at all as in my opinion I think anyone that did get those contestants was a big loser tonight in my opinion lol. This is a bad Beach Bums promotion I had to deal with on this night. Now here are the results:

Beach Bums

Patrick Perry 5 cards (2 for Simon.)(Got that one card done again that was messed up from the rain on Wednesday night and it came out nice tonight.)
Steve T. Young 3 Beach Bums Pocket Schedules

Team Baseball

Steve T. Young

Traverse City Record Eagle Special Beach Bums opening day article

Nick Pepper
Bryan Rembisz
David Nathanson
Pete McEneaney
Brett Bostelman
Jared Locke
Zac Cole
Matt Dillard
Ryan Gehring
Ted Gjeldum
J.T. King
Jeff Williams
Patrick Perry
John Brummett
Jeff Brown
Damon Lessler
Kyle Maunus
Brad Miller
Matt Imwalle
Mike Epping
Mike Goetz
Brad Roblin
Jake Whitesides
Steve T. Young
Jon Cahill
John Sexton
Jason Wuerfel

Midwest Sliders

(none) (I did the team ball the other night and every player signed it. I didn't have cards for any guys on this team.)

That is all I got at this game tonight.

Now I want to get to the rumor. There was a rumor going around on opening night that former Detroit Tiger pitcher Denny McLain was going to be in town tonight or Friday night. It turns that he is going to appear on Friday night of course the day I have to work. Anyhow with the shift I have on Friday, I will hope that he will stay the entire game at Wuerfel Park so I can try to get him to sign for me as when I get out of work, the game will still be going on probably in the middle or the last 3 innings of the game. Hopefully he will still be there as I did talk to a couple Beach Bums employees that overheard the rumor and its likely he will stay for the game on Friday. One of them is going to try to help me so I hope I can get him once I get out of work.

Alright this will cover my opening day experience with the Beach Bums for now. Thanks alot for looking!!!

Next up for me: Will try for Denny McLain at Wuerfel Park once I get out of work on Friday.....

On a sidenote: Beckster24, I tried to get your Jeff Williams cards done. Anyhow, it is the wrong Jeff Williams and it is not the one that you need. He did confirm with me that his name is Jeff Williams. He did not play baseball in Australia though sorry I was unable to get your cards done.....

Re: Frontier League Finally!!! Traverse City Beach Bums vs. Midwest Sliders 5/21, & 5

After I got out of work tonight, I did make the drive over to the Wuerfel. It turns out that Denny McLain was gone by the time I got there which was obviously disappointing in my book. Anyhow the staff did remember me and they told me the wrong date earlier this week and apologized for it. Well they did provide me with this:

I kind of regret not leaving them my items I wanted them to get signed as they seemed impressed I did find cards that I need him on. Oh well I guess. Hopefully I do get him one of these days on my cards. Thanks for looking....

Re: Frontier League Finally!!! Traverse City Beach Bums vs. Midwest Sliders 5/21, & 5

Wouldn't mind buying one of those Red Sox signed ones

Will send you a pm....

Back
Top Bottom