Freeview

BruzDB

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone knows if any HD set top box will pick up the Freeview channels, or do I need to buy a specific Freeview box?

Sorry for the silly question, but following Terry's advice, I was going to go out and buy an HD set top box, to watch the NBA games, but I will wait if I need something more specific for when Freeview starts.

Cheers for the help guys! :thumbsup:

Bloody Freeview advertising, all it seems to be doing is confuse everyone:

FREEVIEW OFFERS YOU ONLY FREE TO AIR DIGITAL CHANNELS, NOTHING MORE!

YOu can get all the amazing channels Freeview gives with any working HD tuner. Freeview actually refers to the electronic program guide (EPG) that is being incorporated into the Freeview box and new TV's. The Freeview box is just a normal dual HD tuner PVR, like a TiVo, Topfield, Beyonwiz etc.

Cheers mate. I figured it must be available with any HD STB, but thought it would be safer to ask for some advice first.

So thanks heaps fellas, I'll be off to check out some STB's this afternoon.

One more question guys - can I run my HD STB through my VCR (yep, I'm still in the dark ages) so I can record the NBA games? I assume 1 more of those old cords that connect my VCR to my TV will do?

One more question guys - can I run my HD STB through my VCR (yep, I'm still in the dark ages) so I can record the NBA games? I assume 1 more of those old cords that connect my VCR to my TV will do?

As long as you have it set on the standard def signal you should be fine... that's 480i or 576i

fingers crossed this **** makes it to Tassie in the form that it is ment to be and not some hacked version.

ATM we get hybrids of channels into 1 and the HD channels NO NBA games but scenery of Tasmania. Like I haven't seen enough of it already.

I honeslty think we will end up with the short end of the stick again and have lame chnnels.

I noticed in Bris the One channel was called 10HD and my Digital STB could not decode it but the other morning I passed it and I saw pictures.. What the??? It must be standard digital now as I have no HD STB. And the Nascar was on..

I noticed in Bris the One channel was called 10HD and my Digital STB could not decode it but the other morning I passed it and I saw pictures.. What the??? It must be standard digital now as I have no HD STB. And the Nascar was on..

I noticed atching TenHD that sometimes it switches between 10HD and SD (the watermark on the top left hand corner) so maybe it transmits between different qualities depending on what it is showing. But that seems a bit silly to do.

According to http://ten.com.au/one-hd.htm

What sports will I see on ONE?

ONE will show a variety of domestic and international sport, LIVE and exclusive wherever possible. Sports to be shown on ONE include:

AFL – the 2009 home and away season and finals including the Grand Final;

Netball – all matches from the 2009 ANZ Championship and all test matches featuring the Australian Diamonds;

Commonwealth Games – 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games and 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

Swimming – Australian Swimming Championships, Pan Pacific Championships, Australian Short Course Championships, FINA World Short Course Championships and the Swimmer of the Year.

Cricket – Indian Premier League Twenty20 competition and Champions League Twenty20 competition, the world's 2 leading franchise based Twenty20 tournaments.

Formula 1 – every round of the F1 World Championship.

MotoGP – every round of the MotoGP World Championship.

Golf – The Masters, the US Open, the World Golf Championships including the Accenture MatchPlay Championship, the CA Championship, the Bridgestone Invitational and the World Cup, Australian PGA, ANZ Ladies Masters, 2010 Ryder Cup and 15 additional international and domestic events including the Asian Tour's flagship Singapore Open and season ending Volvo Masters of Asia.

NASCAR – coverage of major Sprint Cup races as well as coverage of every round of the Nationwide Series. Additional weekly highlights of every round of the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series.

National Football League (NFL) – three games per week live including the flagship Sunday and Monday night games as well as LIVE coverage of play-offs and the Superbowl.

Major League Baseball (MLB) – five games per week LIVE including prime time coverage of the play-offs and World Series.

National Basketball League (NBA) – three games per week live

US College Sports – NCAA Basketball and Football.

Back
Top Bottom