FOR SALE THREADS...no price....frustrating

crows2010

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tex
Guys this may have been touched on before, did a quick search and couldn’t find anything specific.

The amount of FOR SALE threads, especially on the basketball forum, that don’t have a price listed are just getting beyond a joke. When I click on a FS thread I expect to see a price listed and then can negotiate from that start point. Even if I am interested in the card, if the seller is like ‘PM me offers’ I generally don’t bother. How hard is to list a price for something that you are selling? If you don’t know what you want to sell it for then you shouldn’t be selling it in the first place! It would save so much time, PM’ing back and forth and whatnot.

This is an example of how it always goes.

--
OP: MJ auto for sale. 14/50. PM ME OFFERS!!

Reply 1: What is a rough price?

OP: just after offers at this stage

Reply 1: PM sent.

OP: Bump still for sale.

OP: Bump.

--

Fair enough if people GENUINELY don’t know a rough value, but maybe before posting it as a FS they could then do a bit of research, and actually find out.

Or have another prefix for people that want to have their card open to offers, ‘OF’ or something. That way everyone knows where they stand before clicking on the thread.

We've discussed it before and it's hard to police it. If it frustrates you, ignore and move on.

It's really obvious that posting cards with prices helps you sell them. If sellers don't want to sell their cards, they won't put prices on them.

Could it just be made a blanket ruling...a FS thread must include prices?

Cheers for the quick reply anyhow Graham.

Could it just be made a blanket ruling...a FS thread must include prices?

Cheers for the quick reply anyhow Graham.

I know the blowoutcards forum uses this very rules and seems to work well. My pet peeve is when people offer a price and you give them a 'no' and a counteroffer and they don't come back to you with a response at all. A 'no thanks' or 'i'll pass' would be suffice. Common courtesy is all I ask.

I would have to say from what I've seen and have experienced in the past that people are afraid to put a price because of certain members on here that constantly jump in other people's threads about cards in maildays or even the for sale thread and mention how you can get it cheaper on ebay, until these people let others try and sell their cards and get over it this will be a common trend.:v:

I would have to say from what I've seen and have experienced in the past that people are afraid to put a price because of certain members on here that constantly jump in other people's threads about cards in maildays or even the for sale thread and mention how you can get it cheaper on ebay, until these people let others try and sell their cards and get over it this will be a common trend.:v:

Is there something we didn't address with this rule (that was introduced 16 months ago) ??
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...-site-rule-regards-buy-sell-trade-forums.html

For those that missed the rule, it goes like this :

DO NOT POST IN OTHERS BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS UNLESS IT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO MAKING AN OFFER TO TRADE, BUY OR SELL THE ITEMS LISTED.

If it is still happening, by all means report it. We have handed out plenty of warnings to members in the past and have no problems doing it again into the future to ensure that rule gets adhered to.

:)

So any chance of going down the path of blowoutcards graham?

Even if OCT just trialled it for February or something?

I have noticed that the AFLTCC prices are fair and just and I use that as a pretty strict guide to what I pay/offer and it is obvious that a lot of people use it nearly every bid on ebay gets around the AFLTCC price guide and bidding stops and 9/10 will sell for approx the guide price. having said that it could be the cart pushing the horse as the AFLTCC prices are controlled by what the item sells for on Ebay not vice versa. personally speaking and I dont mean to offend anyone but I find with some AFL cards on this site are overly exaggerated. But I do agree with Crows2010, if you are the seller then "you do your homework and find the cards worth and put a selling price on it. You cant go into woolworths and make them an offer they put up their price and the buyer takes it or leaves it no need for haggling and time wasting.

I dont have a problem with people having a for sale thread with no prices, as long as when you contact them they have a rough price in mind (eg. $75-$100), so you have an idea of how much the seller would accept an offer for.

I find it hard to believe that the same card can be for sale on one site for $115 and on another site for $225. It is my understanding that a card should have a price "standard", which sellers should relate to, but where it all goes to c..p is the condition of the cards determines the price difference and so it should with older cards, but if they are recent cards how much condition change could there be. I am so sick of asking prices and making offers like a beggar on the street. put your price on it and if I don't want to pay it (or can't afford it) I won't waste your time. Put make me an offer on it and you have every dreamer in the collecting game pis.ing in your ear. go figure

I've seen other forums have different sections for things that have a price & another section for offers..... I think this would be a good idea for this forum & it would stop people complaining about this... as if they go into the offers forum then they know they have to make an offer if they see something of interest...... if they can't be bothered with that then they can solely stick to the section that HAS to have prices listed/or given when asked (sometimes people list a huge list & is often easier to just say something like "ask for prices on anything that interests you").

This would also help threads stay on the 1st page a little longer with spreading the threads between two forums.

Yes but we aren't talking about offers for trade, we are discussing 'For Sale' threads only.

How hard would a post like this be to do:

"Larry Bird SP Signature Auto /25 - $90"

Or will trade for Magic Johnson auto.

I can see both sides of the arguement here and really doesn't bother me either way. I have done both listed cards FS with prices and for offers. Sometimes it is hard to put a price on the card though as there is no BV due to scarcity and for the same reason there hasnt been one sold on ebay for a while. If you ask for offers then you can get a gauge on what the market is willing to pay and hence can put more of an accurate asking price on it yourself

I can see both sides of the arguement here and really doesn't bother me either way. I have done both listed cards FS with prices and for offers. Sometimes it is hard to put a price on the card though as there is no BV due to scarcity and for the same reason there hasnt been one sold on ebay for a while. If you ask for offers then you can get a gauge on what the market is willing to pay and hence can put more of an accurate asking price on it yourself

Yes, or you could research what similar cards sold for, decide what you would be happy to receive and then settle on a price.

How hard would a post like this be to do:

"Larry Bird SP Signature Auto /25 - $90"

Or will trade for Magic Johnson auto.

Would it matter on here anyway? That hypothetical $90 could be $20 lower than recent ebay sales and yet you will still have people say I will give you $70
Most people want to buy cards for next to nothing on here, but when it comes time to sell its HBV all the way and they won't budge and have experienced a few high feedback nba traders do this ;)

I think it would matter as it would at the very least give a basis on which to start negoiating.

Rather than going in completely blind, sending 15 PM's back and forth and still not having a deal.

Why not have a FO prefix if you want to accept offers, and a FS prefix if you have listed a price?

Back
Top Bottom