First NBA Mail Day of 23

DadManTrading

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Brendon
eBay User
DadManTrading
Okay so now that Christmas and the New Year is over I am here to share some of the more recent cards I have received from the various outlets.

allstarweekend.jpg
The mail excitement started when the 92-93 NBA All-Star Collector Set I purchased from on here arrived. In quick & perfect order. I don't really know if there are any thing that could be considered hits out of this or whatever, it was mainly purchased to bring back a little bit of nostalgia.

While off course throughout the pack you get the 40 cards as they say these three were amongst my favourite. Any marks you see are on the computer desk underneath. All cards were taken straight from the pack and placed into the sleeves.

Eventually these cards wont stay in my PC - it was more a trip down memory lane and to help show my children the difference of cards 'back in my day' compared to now. But boy what a trip down memory lane it was.

In addition to the 92-93 NBA All-Star Collector set a pack of the 90's Fleer was sent and that just added to the nostalgic afternoon of going through cards of all these legends/champions. As like the 92-93's these probably wont stay in my collection I am just attempting to find my feet again and try and cycle through some cards, packs and boxes until I see or hit that card set that has my name written all over it.

In saying that however, some great names within the pack with these ones amongst my favourites.
fleer.jpg

inception.jpg

And finally to support my efforts in trying to find my 'niche'. Try to find what out of the U.S Sports I want to collect my wife was a darling and scored me a set of the Topps Inception.

While I do not think there are any BIG HITS overall it was a fun (couple of) week(s) going through. It helped me realise that while none of these cards have sparked the urge to collect whole sets of them etc I have narrowed my search down to the NBA... it's a start right?

Great way to find what you want to collect!

I’ve often found a cool card then collected the whole set but got bored 70% completed mark - I think it’s the fact that the players have been on 3 different teams since then - so much player movement! I think that’s why I gravitated towards RC cards of most players.

Great way to find what you want to collect!

I’ve often found a cool card then collected the whole set but got bored 70% completed mark - I think it’s the fact that the players have been on 3 different teams since then - so much player movement! I think that’s why I gravitated towards RC cards of most players.
I think we have all been in the situation before where something looked good or flashy online, whether a product or movie etc, where we brought it/watched it and it was highly disappointed with said thing in person. Seeing in person once that card/player whatever it is sings out I will know and dive in.

In the mean time it's kinda exciting just buying random boxes/packs I find and wondering if this is the one!

Nice work Dadman! Always nice to hit an auto - so having two up and coming prospects is nothing to sneeze at, but yes, the sense of anticipation you'll feel ripping into a hobby box never grows old (it just gets really expensive!).

Back
Top Bottom