Finals: Game 4, Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs.

Well i rekon this will be a cracker, 2 of the 3 most high scoring teams in the comp battling it out. If we get up we are a chance against the Swans in Sydney the following week providing the swannies lose to the Weagles.

cant go past the pies in this matchup. doggies have looked a bit shaky the past few weeks: they beat the crows, but really the crows let that game slip badly with a 6 goal lead, looked good against the saints but got steamrolled in the end, and not an entirely convincing win against the bombers.

pies by 40 pts im tipping.

Doggies first final since 2000 i think it is!
I think in front of a big MCG crowd you'd think the pies would win this one without to much trouble. But the doggies have some absolute legends in West, Johno, Smith and Grant who have been waiting for this oppurtunity for along time and will all fire and add some very exciting players in Cooney, Cross, Gilbee, Griffen and they defiantly can take it to the pies.
my prediction though is Collingwood by 26
Id love to see the doggies advance to the 2nd week but i just cant see it. :(

My heart is saying the Bulldogs, my mind is saying the Pies. I would love to see the doggies get past the first round of the finals, they seem to have the leg speed and hunger to do so. I can never discount the Pies after everyone saying they were no chance against Port and they came out and made an absolute mess of them. They aren't in the greatest form in the world, but they could just turn the corner who knows.

Once again a tight game I'd say and hard to pick a winner.

Should be a ball tearer, hopefully a very close game

Pies should win, but doggies can be deadly on any given day

Pies by 20 points, i think our tall forward line will really test the Dogs back kine, Travis Cloke will be back and possibly Dale Thomas, which means we will be just about at full strength. If the pies lose they will have no excuse. The Bulldogs when they get on a roll also very hard to stop. GO PIES

how about Harris's shinner, damm that thing was massive :)
the Doggies Backline is the real worry, i dont think they will have much trouble matching the pies midfield and foward line.

MetallicA' said:
how about Harris's shinner, damm that thing was massive :)
the Doggies Backline is the real worry, i dont think they will have much trouble matching the pies midfield and foward line.

exactly what i was thinking, i reckon rocca could have a field day, maybe tazza too.

Well Presti is out i think. The doggies goals mainly come from Johnno and the midfield. Will be interesting to see who Clement plays on.

Dale thomas will return after his 4 goal, 18 possy game for Willy yesterday.

clement is your best defender...youd have to put him on johnson, i dont know who else would have the skills to shut him down.

what about bucks jumper punch.. he's surely gotta get cited for that.. if not the black and white jumper of immunity continues to get their way

ps they need more than clement to stop johnson.. that guy is a freak and could prove too fast for clement

white_chocolate_55 said:
what about bucks jumper punch.. he's surely gotta get cited for that.. if not the black and white jumper of immunity continues to get their way

ps they need more than clement to stop johnson.. that guy is a freak and could prove too fast for clement

gotta love the black and white jumper of immunity.

Well Presti is out i think. The doggies goals mainly come from Johnno and the midfield. Will be interesting to see who Clement plays on.

Dale thomas will return after his 4 goal, 18 possy game for Willy yesterday.

lol dont want to hijack the thread but last week in the VFL, Phil Read got 47 disposals lol :eek: , and i think he played well this week too he might be knocking on the door for selection if Brock is to miss. And one of our rookies Michael Newton kicked 12 goals lol and hes been kicking bags of 8 over the last month.

oh yeh and as for Johno, i doubt anyone could hold him down he's been waiting for this moment for far to long to be contained. Its just a matter of how much imput he makes, if the pie defender can keep him to 2-3 goals they have done well. The guy is a CHAMPION player!!!

MetallicA' said:
lol dont want to hijack the thread but last week in the VFL, Phil Read got 47 disposals lol :eek: , and i think he played well this week too he might be knocking on the door for selection if Brock is to miss. And one of our rookies Michael Newton kicked 12 goals lol and hes been kicking bags of 8 over the last month.

oh yeh and as for Johno, i doubt anyone could hold him down he's been waiting for this moment for far to long to be contained. Its just a matter of how much imput he makes, if the pie defender can keep him to 2-3 goals they have done well. The guy is a CHAMPION player!!!

the main problem with Phil Read is that he turns the ball over to much, has a very short temper and sometimes gives away silly free kicks but he is a hard nut so he may force his way back into the team. But that Michael Newton sounds like he will be a player to watch out for in the future.

Magicman said:
FACT: Last time they met Clement held Johnno to 1 goal!

there you go, clement CAN shut him down.

btw, anyone know how johnsons shoulder pulled up after the match, he looked in a bit of pain.

Back
Top Bottom