Finally the missing piece

1967Sharks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
eBay User
1967sharks
Well after busting 2 2006 Invincible Cases in the last few months, with 4 Redemptions to collect i was lucky enough to hit 2 in each case.
Laurie Daley and Tim Smith in the First and Jonathan Thurston twice in the second. I remembered the box position of both redemptions from the first case, so i busted them first in the second, Hitting both Thurstons in those same boxes (which in itself was a moral dilema, and made opening the remaining 10 boxes quite boring :rolleyes:)
Anyways so the only one i didnt get was the only one i really wanted. I had requested #120/120 for the other 3 redemptions (was really suprised they were still there) and i could only find the Johns unredeemed for $650 (Cardzone:lol:). I was told i could buy a redeemed Johns card and ask Di to exchange it for the number i wanted, which i did. I finally got it back from Select today, the Auto was a little lazy (he was probably just happy it was over :lol: ) but im super happy regardless.
Big thanks to KOBE4MVP :D
sigs-1.jpg

sigs.jpg

120.jpg

Cheers :D:thumbsup:

Cheers Nick, i plan to keep them all. The way i see serial numbers is that there are only 3 that count- first, jersey number and last. With Select keeping the first of every card that leaves 2. I dont really buy into the whole, #2 is low so its worth more.
I think its outrageous that Select keeps all their #1s, although it would be a great idea for a high end product. Making redemptions for each #1 they have kept and sell them at 1 card per pack, 1 Pack per Box @ say $300 a pack. Sure you could hit at worst a terrible Future Force/ Top Prospect but hitting a prior season case hit would make it well worth the gamble. Though i dont really think Select think like that.
Hmm bit off topic, but cheers mate

wow the cases nearly 2g each man that seems a fair but but well done on the sick johns redemption and all the others top work justin..

jono

Thanks Jono, yeah the price sucks but selling off excess cards from the first case 90% paid for the second. :D The worst thing about two cases is all the commons :lol::(

Funny, my copy (number 17 ... damn, almost 7 haha) has the break at the bottom of the J for Johns as well (in his sig). I thought it was a once off, coz in all my other sig cards of him it doesn't happen, and I'd never seen another copy of this card that had it there, either. But maybe it isn't so uncommon.

My Johns captain signature is number 3/40, that must boost it's worth a little bit, I reckon.

Well done on the four 120s, quite a collection, and all great players (apart from Smith).

Well done on getting all 4 numbered 120 of 120, but I must say my original auto was much better than the one you received.

Back
Top Bottom