Favourite Drop

Might have mentioned before that I'm a fan of English Ales, well, Dan Murphy's has a range of the Old British drop from the HOOK NORTON Brewery, they have 3 bottles in their range and at the moment before they become too popular they are $5.00 for 500ml.
Seeing it was the 4th of July recently I purchased a 6 pack again from Dan's of an American APA which surprisingly described itself as an IPA, it is fromthe Ballast Point Brewery and called Big Eye IPA, 7% and huge on the hops, I thought I was a hop head who loved stuff like ALPHA from WA but this was sensational, knowing that it was hoppy had me in anticipation but wow!.

I am a H2O drinker.

the alcohol days are over for me haha.

That day will never come for me! but i will admit i cant drink as much as i used to...

well actually i can but i just pay for it more the next day!

and it sucks cos the wife hosts Alcohol parties taste testing and selling liqueurs etc so we always have a bar full of piss lying around!

Beer - Goose Island 312 (local Chicago beer), Amstel Light.
Spirits - Grey Goose, Makers Mark, Crowne Royale

That day will never come for me! but i will admit i cant drink as much as i used to...

well actually i can but i just pay for it more the next day!

and it sucks cos the wife hosts Alcohol parties taste testing and selling liqueurs etc so we always have a bar full of piss lying around!

i would if i could. my body physically rejects alcohol now. At one stage my liver was so bad (drinking 70-90% stuff) that doctor told me to stop or I wuld cause irreversible damage to liver.

Beer gives be stomach cramps now, so cant drink it, otherwise im hunched over for a few hours in pain haha.

i would if i could. my body physically rejects alcohol now. At one stage my liver was so bad (drinking 70-90% stuff) that doctor told me to stop or I wuld cause irreversible damage to liver.

Beer gives be stomach cramps now, so cant drink it, otherwise im hunched over for a few hours in pain haha.

Damn, that's nasty!

If i drink beer my sinus blocks up the next morning. But in saying that, I drank about a dozen stubbies last Friday Night (watching the Blues beat Collingwood), and woke up cherry on Saturday morning!

Side note, I've been invited to a Tassie Tasting "do" for Whisky. $35 a head, all you can taste... hmmmm, book me in!!!

Strangely when working away always take a carton of Carlton midstrength cans, only cans i'll drink. Found a private brewer that does Corona like beer, very nice at great rates. On a hot day fortunate enough that daughter's boyfriend works outside of Broom and drops a carton of Matso Mango beer. Tooppp drop. Top bloke. First beer is whats this, next, where's the carton gonski. great thread and good read. Oh yeah, do have a soft spot for PNG , South Pacific Export-white cans.

My name is steven.....LOL
I bought a carton of that this weekend, wow it's like beer with mango pulp pretty nice

Gage Roads has a new range of beers in 640ml Bottles and have so far tried the 'Londons Best' which compares pretty well with the usual more expensive Pommy Ales I buy.
I like a lager too and while browsing the local bottlo this afternoon I picked up a 6 pack of Qld beer Great Northern Super Crisp Lager, 330ml bottles and a so so price compared to mainstream beer but I'm trying to pick out how they can call it Super Crisp, drinkable but not notable.

Jack Daniels is the only thing i can drink all night without effect or hangover, so it is my usual choice. But if i am buying beers, then asahi or coopers vintage. If i am out and buying beer.. carlton draught is what i find most common on tap, but sometimes i get lucky and get james squire ambers. I wouldn't touch an overpriced blended scotch like Johnny Walker if my life depended on it.. single malt all the way. Maybe i am too fussy because i manage a bottle shop.. but meh.

I didn't start drinking until I was in England around the age of 19-20. Hated beer as I was force-fed it by a neighbour when I was young, now I do enjoy it a bit, but not the 'strong' ones like Heineken or Steinlager or Stella.
I do enjoy Budweiser, Steinlager Pure and a few you've probably not heard of.

I also like Jack Daniels, Jamiesons and have always loved Wild Turkey (especially the American Honey version - though now Woodstock and others are coming out with Honey versions, copycats).

Woobie i'm a big bourbon fan. Don't let Beam be the bourbon yard stick!

For easy to drink, simple goodness, i still can't go past Makers. It's not complex or anything by any stretch of the imagination, but its just tasty and simple.

On the other end of the scale, i just lashed out and bought a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 y.o. Cost me way too much, but it was on my to buy list for a long time, so one day i just said stuff it!

Those are both wheated bourbons, and i suppose i prefer those. But on the more traditional rye based recipes (not a straight rye though) the Russells Reserve 90 is pretty decent (just picked it up with some Vintage Cellars cellar shares).

Of the bourbons i have tried in the past at bars or whatevers, i like Blantons, Eagle Rare & Four Roses.

That day will never come for me! but i will admit i cant drink as much as i used to... AGREE 100%

well actually i can but i just pay for it more the next day! AGREE 100%

?????

Mate, I was totally with you, agreeing 100%, until you started mentioning how it sucks that you have a bar full of piss lying around.

Just for the record, I have just got home from a night of knocking back pre-mixed Wild Turkey "101's" which are alright. Would prefer to mix my own, but convenience takes over sometimes. Massive Wild Turkey Fan, have always loved their American Honey, which is now starting to be copied by a few other Bourbon makers, but I can't imagine it ever being as good.

On the beer front I like my German beers, low on the preservatives, which means (generally) low on the hangover the next day, which, with 3 kids in the house, is always a winner for me.

I manage a bottle shop so everything is cost price for me :)

If I'm drinking beer it'll most likely be Sapporo in the can or a Corona if I'm drinking cheap. If i'm drinking pre-mixed i'll tend to drink JD's.

I'm a big whisky drinker. Love me some Tullamore Dew 12year old, and I do like the Jameson Rarest Vintage also.

If i'm going out I'll hit the Patron Tequila and Grey Goose Vodka.

Ah, the Sapporo silver bullets? I had a carton of those once, very nice beer but expensive.

I like all kinds of beer (except Tooheys Old or stouts). I drink scotch, vodka, tequila, rum (not bundy). In regards to wine, generally blends like cab-shiraz-merlot and for whites, i generally stick to pinot grigio (Jacobs Creek pinot grigio cool harvest).

Had me a few JD Honeys (with lemonade) the other weekend, was a really nice drop, and certainly a change from my regular choices.

Went to a mates on Saturday just gone to watch the Blues touch up the Don's, and rather than take my 12yr Glen Moray which I had, I went with something new. Had a choice between a $35 Glen Moray (not 12yr like my current bottle), or a $40 Glen Grant (both single malt's).

Chose the latter since I already had a Glen Moray at home, and besides, on the box I was reading "Seductively Smooth, Fruity and Rich", then further down it mentioned a "Fresh Vanilla note and Hazelnut Finish". Yep, you've hooked me.

Got it home and no sooner had I opened the box, I had the bottle out, some ice in a glass and pouring a yay-nip (cos let's face it, who REALLY pours a nip, ha ha!!). The initial taste was like WOAH. Seriously, it was fresh, it was rich, and it didnt contain the "bite" that most alcohols do straight. Finished off the nip with some added dry ginger just to test the flavours, and I was quite impressed.

Took it to our mates' place and had me some scotch's.

Just checked Dan Murphy's and they don't stock it.. :(

Had me a few JD Honeys (with lemonade) the other weekend, was a really nice drop, and certainly a change from my regular choices.

Went to a mates on Saturday just gone to watch the Blues touch up the Don's, and rather than take my 12yr Glen Moray which I had, I went with something new. Had a choice between a $35 Glen Moray (not 12yr like my current bottle), or a $40 Glen Grant (both single malt's).

Chose the latter since I already had a Glen Moray at home, and besides, on the box I was reading "Seductively Smooth, Fruity and Rich", then further down it mentioned a "Fresh Vanilla note and Hazelnut Finish". Yep, you've hooked me.

Got it home and no sooner had I opened the box, I had the bottle out, some ice in a glass and pouring a yay-nip (cos let's face it, who REALLY pours a nip, ha ha!!). The initial taste was like WOAH. Seriously, it was fresh, it was rich, and it didnt contain the "bite" that most alcohols do straight. Finished off the nip with some added dry ginger just to test the flavours, and I was quite impressed.

Took it to our mates' place and had me some scotch's.

Just checked Dan Murphy's and they don't stock it.. :(

Glen Grant is a coles liquor group exclusive by memory, so liquorland, first choice and vintage cellars

Back
Top Bottom