Everyone should read this! Scam alert!

tagheuer4

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Julian
Wow...I seriously almost got scammed of 100 usd from the mail below...

scam1.png

I view myself as being very cautious, and thought I would be pretty safe from all the noob scammers out there. But when the above mail went into my gmail account, as it doesn't show the whole email address and showed just Ebay, I thought I was getting one of those good deals that sometimes does happen.

I followed up with the scammer till he/she sent me the payment information from "Ebay" as below

scam2.png

scam3.png

scam4.png

scam5.png

Luckily the scammer got a little lazy and started adding too much "information" and the Western Union payment raised some alarm bells as even if someone relocated, he/she can always still use Paypal.

I checked the full email address and yeah finally realised. But I must say, this is one of the more "real" ones, and just making sure everyone knows about this!

Mate there's literally hundreds of these types of scams being run for ebay alone and some of them are quite convincing!

Basically the key to working it out is - 1 if you get an email like that see if you can access it through your ebay inbox - 2 if i'ts a second chance offer you should be able to see it in my ebay as well - 3 NEVER use western union to pay for items! (ebay prohibits it anyway)

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom