ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

The pack buyers are really not that impacted, they have even odds, especially if they buy a few packs across multiple boxes, its the box buyers that only buy 1-2 boxes that could get severely impacted, as they could open 2 boxes with nothing in them potentially. Obviously the other is true, they could get 5 or 6 hits if they were super lucky (one of the case breaks last night, 2 boxes in a row had 0 hits followed by a box that had 3 hits).

Personally I don't see a massive problem with it, I actually like the idea that you can get more than 1 hit in a box, I would be pretty annoyed at 0 hits, so maybe they should have aimed to have a guaranteed hit, plus the chance to get 2 or 3 hits in a box, with most cases having just 1 per box?

However I feel that would just as likely drop the value

The pack buyers are really not that impacted, they have even odds, especially if they buy a few packs across multiple boxes
My understanding is that there wasn't going to be that many boxes distributed to newsagents this release so the pack buyers may be just buying packs from a box that has no hits in it with no suitable alternative available to buy packs from.

Or that box might have 2 hits....
Its the same with a box buyer unfortunately.
Bit of a shame this has repeated itself from 2013 as 2014 made giant strides in this area.

But as I said before he makes those around him better.

Would Cronk be as good without the excellent service from dummy half? Smith is the complete package, minimal errors / missed tackles, excellent decision making, controlled General play kicking, accurate goal kicker, work ethic

Accurate goal kicker.... Are you drunk?
He has had to have been the worst first choice kicker in the game for the last 5 years (At least)
He was absolutely horrible yesterday - Did he get any?

Just got off the phone with esp regarding the error box that had an 8 card packet and 30 misprints. the bordered blank card is simply a hopper spacer card that fell into a pack apparently. Was advised if I send the misprints back they will replace them for the correct cards and send me a replacement pack or 2 for the packet missing a card, but they wont do complete box exchanges which I guess is fair enough. Was also advised that there will be plenty of hitless boxes as there is no guaranteed ratio's on a box level, some hits are for example 1:3 boxes which averaged over a 10 box case will have 3 OR 4 so yeah, will all even out but don't buy 1 box and expect to get a high end card every time.

will add, Jaqui the lady I spoke with was pleasant and helpful but I won't be returning the errors for regular commons ;D might take the free pack though!

Accurate goal kicker.... Are you drunk?
He has had to have been the worst first choice kicker in the game for the last 5 years (At least)
He was absolutely horrible yesterday - Did he get any?

Overall average goal kicking percentage of 72.80%

Over the last 5 years (highest season was 83.8% in 2011 and lowest was 69.6% the following season) his goal kicking average works out to just under 75% (359/479)

That to me is not a bad percentage. At no time have I ever stated that he was the best goal kicker in the comp but he is most certainly not the worst

Lets look at some other first choice kickers in the same time frame bearing in mind that the amount of kicks attempted by each kicker in that time-frame.

Parker - 222/316 70.25%

Hodkinson - 168/221 76.02% (Only kicked for the last three years)

Croker - 333/412 80.83%

Gordon - 163/200 81.5%

Sezer - 153/184 83.15% (only kicked for the last four years)

Lyon - 329/459 71.68%

Gidley - 157/198 79.29%

Sandow - 217/286 75.87%

Soward - 210/298 70.47%

Thurston - 379/481 78.79%

Reynolds - 331/396 83.59%

Widdop - 136/191 71.2%

Maloney - 434/536 80.97%

Johnson - 178/242 73.55% (only kicked for the last three years)

Richards - 104/135 77.04% (only kicked in the NRL for the past two years, couldn't get his full stats from ESL)

Any updates on the same numbered redemption cards? Lance doesn't usually make mistakes on his listings so the whole situation intrigues me.

Wow, I haven't received my case yet, but im starting to regret going with the NRL over the AFL, pre-release looking at the odds a few weeks ago, it looked like the NRL release was going to be much better, however now, I am pretty concerned that I wish I had of gone with the AFL - I haven't had a card in hand, but apparently Select have really stepped up in the quality of the release this year with Honors 2, I just didn't like the repetition in the series, however I'm really starting to wish I had of ignored that...
Missed out on honours 2 mate, this NRL rubbish doesn't even compare.

Back
Top Bottom