ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

I really hate sounding negative but for the Young Guns signatures there are 2 very small things that annoy me about them...

1) The player image on the signed version is cut off above the the word Young Guns.....but it isn't for the unsigned version (the player image fades out behind it).....i didn't notice it at first but i cant not notice it now. More a design thing than anything.

$_12 (2).JPG
$_12.JPG

2) The second thing is the big white box for the player to sign in. The 2013 Future stars got this spot on with the faded out area for the player to sign.

$_12 (1).JPG
$_12.JPG

I do like the young guns, but just those 2 things I think may have been done a little more carefully from a design aspect.

I do really like the unsigned version though!

Cheers
Matt
The 2013 looks so much cleaner.

Looking at some of the prices this release is selling for on EBay we're going to end up like the cricket collectors. With nothing.

Currently there are 11 sets on ebay with the cheapest being a Titans set for $500 and the most expensive a Roosters for $1,350 (admittedly it is the number 001). The next most expensive is the Storm for $999.
There has already been a drop in Mojo prices on ebay while they still have buy it now prices at $550 some now have starting bids of $379 and somebody has bidded on the Dragons
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-NRL...RDS-003-ESP-/191656604438?hash=item2c9f9fb316
which unless someone buys another one will be the first one sold on ebay which would tend to suggest that $379 may even be a bit too high for some of these cards.
As a side note while the Roosters #1 still has a buy it now of $1,350 it has also dropped to a starting bid of $699 which still hasn't attracted any interest.

People want things cheap... As soon as they start paying $600 for these cards, they will continue to sell at that price. Low starting bids always have a better chance of selling..... I think atm everyone is still unsure how much they should be paying, for the 3 parallel...

Looking at some of the prices this release is selling for on EBay we're going to end up like the cricket collectors. With nothing.

Not need to go as far as ebay mate, resellers on here pretty much dumping excess cards and the series isnt even 3 days old. $80 YGs, $3 Pennants. LOL no wonder ESP cards dont hold their value!

People want things cheap... As soon as they start paying $600 for these cards, they will continue to sell at that price. Low starting bids always have a better chance of selling..... I think atm everyone is still unsure how much they should be paying, for the 3 parallel...

I think $379 is the most a MOJO set has gone for on eBay.

Though sets have sold for more than this no doubt.

I think they will settle around the $250 mark eventually. And when they do jump on them!

Much like the Black League Leaders from Dynasty. They will start high, drop when there are plenty around and when they dry up I think $350 will be standard for a set. If you were lucky enough to jag one or more these would be good to sit on

I don't think the dumping of the product will be as bad this year as the boxes don't seem searchable, packet prices are expensive and apparently there is much less stock in newsagents.

Not need to go as far as ebay mate, resellers on here pretty much dumping excess cards and the series isnt even 3 days old. $80 YGs, $3 Pennants. LOL no wonder ESP cards dont hold their value!

And who determines this value? Just because ESP increases their prices, doesn't mean the cards are more valuable. Collectors determine value, and when you put out an average release, with ugly cards, there's no way people will pay huge money for crap. Poor design, wrong pen's, poor selection of players, same photo usage. It all adds up to junk, and people don't pay big for junk. ESP are just lucky that there are so many team collectors, who basically think they have to buy this, to keep their collections complete.

Righto angry, what ever you say.
Is this going to upset your reselling? As others have said, collectors will end up setting the price. For me as a Dogs supporter. I will not be paying anymore than $250-300 for a Corey Thompson sig jersey card. I don't need it today. It WILL come right down in price.

Is this going to upset your reselling? As others have said, collectors will end up setting the price. For me as a Dogs supporter. I will not be paying anymore than $250-300 for a Corey Thompson sig jersey card. I don't need it today. It WILL come right down in price.

Spot on.......just wait.......you will be paying substantially less over the coming weeks. With the jersey cards, im actually considering waiting till people have them in hand. Wait to see the type of patch before buying.

Rather pay a bit more for a multi colour patch than a plain one colour.

Spot on.......just wait.......you will be paying substantially less over the coming weeks. With the jersey cards, im actually considering waiting till people have them in hand. Wait to see the type of patch before buying.

Thanks @Matt26 i actually pulled a jersey sig redemption. JWH number 9. I've had offers of $550 for the card. Call me greedy? But I'll see how it goes over the next week. I also feel the JWH card is one of the more popular cards as well as the MOYLAN! I also agree that patch and number are also relevant. I have absolutely no issue with Dealers (dumping stock ) the price of series does not justify the quality!

Last edited:
There's no way I'm paying $500+ for a scott bolton sig jersey card.... I got a player worn & signed WHOLE bolton jersey for less than $250. Yet every other player I have cost at least $400. Hit or no hit.... He's a nobody. And I'm your best bet at buying a cows jersey sig too..... That says something. I'll get it... I just won't pay ridiculous amounts of money for something that is not worth it.

So much wiser than so many. Why would anyone be paying big money for a card that you don't even know what it looks like. Such a big gamble to buy one blind. Let someone else redeem, then pick the patch you want.

Sigs. $850 for the team logo! $750 for sponsor logos. $450 less dominant colour. $350 for most dominant colour.

No sigs. Less.

50 cards are great, if you can sell them. Theres no room for master set collectors in this series, if there were, the story would be much different. The difference is...... Who wants a bolton, or a patterson at all?

I'm happy for the jersey card. Adding a decent bolton to the pc is great. But save the /50 sigs for better players....

Back
Top Bottom